Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Limiting weapon materials  (Read 466 times)

timmeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Limiting weapon materials
« on: June 21, 2010, 02:12:33 pm »

I haven't touched modding in DF2010 until now, but I figured I'd try adding some simple weapons.  I can set up the reaction fairly easily, but for one of the weapons I'd like to limit it to being made of stone.  As far as the reaction is concerned, this is very simple.  But it still shows up in arena mode and trading/embarking made of wood or metal.  Basically, is there any way for me to prevent it from showing up made of anything buy stone?  Also, is there any way to do the same think with bone, or other materials?
On the Wall is a Masterfully engraved carving of Urist McHardcastle and Goblins. Urist McHardcastle is surrounded by the Goblins. The Golbins are stamping on Urist McHardcastle. Urist McHardcaste is laughing at the Goblins. The carving related to the prolonged and bloody death of Urist McHardcastle in the Fall of 1659, the Winter of 1659, and the Spring of 1660. On the engraving is an image of Cheese.

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
Re: Limiting weapon materials
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 02:20:56 pm »

The only way is to remove the weapon from the entity file and make it from reactions.

Except if reactions also give entities acces to the reaction product for trading, etc. Then I dont realy see any way.

You can change bows and crossbows being made of silly materials like copper by removing the [ITEMS_WEAPON_RANGED] tags from the materials.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

timmeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Re: Limiting weapon materials
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 02:32:32 pm »

Okay, so as long as the weapon isn't in the entity file, is should only be obtainable through reactions (not ideal, but better than being traded a metal version of a stone weapon :P )?

Also, how would I specify bones or skulls as a product?  I'm guessing something generic as the matgloss/item type and [ANY_BONE_MATERIAL] for bone, although I'm not sure what to use for the matgloss/item type.  I don't see anything like the [ANY_BONE_MATERIAL] tag for skulls, so that may not be possible at the moment I suppose....
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 02:44:22 pm by timmeh »
On the Wall is a Masterfully engraved carving of Urist McHardcastle and Goblins. Urist McHardcastle is surrounded by the Goblins. The Golbins are stamping on Urist McHardcastle. Urist McHardcaste is laughing at the Goblins. The carving related to the prolonged and bloody death of Urist McHardcastle in the Fall of 1659, the Winter of 1659, and the Spring of 1660. On the engraving is an image of Cheese.