Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

New Noble / Admin: Census officer

(1/3) > >>

Klokjammer:
What I want: A way to keep track of a Dwarf's family relations.Possible solution: Who keeps track of the population and their personal records?  The Census Bureau does that.  So a noble who can keep track of this would solve this problem.Info about the Census Officer and his/her effects. Is an appointee whose position comes available after 50 dwarves
Uses the record-keeping skill like the bookkeeper.
Gives a new screen that can shows detailed info about each citizen of the fort (past and current) including Date of birth, parentage and other family relations, date of important events in his life, date of death, etc.
Like the bookkeeper, he needs to be in his office to update records; i.e. after every birth, death, immigration, change in one's social status*, and when implemented, marriage.
New migrants must register with the census officer to become a citizen of the fortress, otherwise they are treated as guests and cannot be given work.
* Social classes (not in any order): child, citizen, soldier, guard, noble positionGiven the above info, the CO will be busy every immigration wave, disaster, and when first appointed.  Despite sharing the same qualities as a bookkeeper, it is recommended that they are not the same person, because he can't do both at the same time.

PTTG??:
While a lot of new noble job suggestions don't fit well with DF, this one seems like a real possibility. I like the idea, especially if the screen would include a 'fortress ancestral tree' showing lines of decent through history. Perhaps a portion of the Legends screen could show this as well?I have heard that units do have the relationship data stored somehow, there just is no interface to display it in-game. This seems like a good way to implement that.

qalnor:
This does sound like a neat concept. I'd like to see some actual effect to the census as well, though, beyond providing the player with an interesting but ultimately useless data screen. Two possibilities in this vein off the top of my head:- It could be useful for the collection of taxes when there is more of an economy- The government would be increasingly ineffective at managing larger and larger populations. This might lead to dwarves being denied services, or an increase in unchecked criminal activity, or it might just lead to dwarves being lazy and taking a lot of breaks and throwing a lot of parties. This is a really cool one, though.

Nite/m4re:
Great one. You have my vote.

Dame de la Licorne:
Good one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version