Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: ‼Deus Ex 3 leaked gameplay footage‼  (Read 6046 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
‼Deus Ex 3 leaked gameplay footage‼
« on: June 21, 2010, 10:00:01 pm »

http://www.gamingeverything.com/2010/6/20_minutes_of_deus_ex_human_revolution

If you have any interest in it, it's best to watch it before it gets taken down. The Copyright Wolves have been vicious about hunting down this footage.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
Re: ‼Deus Ex 3 leaked gameplay footage‼
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 10:26:34 pm »

Pandar honey, I didn't know you were a spambot! :O

But really, the video is pretty low quality (to be expected of a leaked video, of course). The entire time I was yelling for the guy in front of the camera to get his damn head out of the way.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 11:39:06 pm »

It's silly, it doesn't seem to have revealed much besides what we already know about the game, and wouldn't free publicity for a game that is in PRE-ALPHA (AKA, nobody expects it to be perfect) be good for sales?

Pathos

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 11:42:26 pm »

Looks too action-y. =/

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 11:44:45 pm »

Looks too action-y. =/

You know that Deus Ex was possible and actually sometimes even preferred to be played as action originally right? There was no right or wrong style, it may just be this guy decided to go guns blazing.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2010, 11:46:06 pm »

It's kind of supposed to be like that. You know, with katana hands and controlling people's minds to shoot themselves in the head. Deux ex 1 and 2 were like that if you chose to be a straightforward goes-in-guns-blazing kind of agent.

EDIT: I should really buy some ninja repellent.

Pathos

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2010, 11:54:03 pm »

You know that Deus Ex was possible and actually sometimes even preferred to be played as action originally right? There was no right or wrong style, it may just be this guy decided to go guns blazing.

Of course. But stealth was a major part of the games (or at least 1, never managed to play 2) and, so, to see someone in the demonstration video playing action and appearing not to take any damage, I'm a bit worried.

I'm just a bit worried it'll be pure action over stealth (like one of the lead developers said it'd be?) and that'll ruin it.

It's kind of supposed to be like that. You know, with katana hands and controlling people's minds to shoot themselves in the head. Deux ex 1 and 2 were like that if you chose to be a straightforward goes-in-guns-blazing kind of agent.

EDIT: I should really buy some ninja repellent.

Read above.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2010, 11:56:02 pm »

If you saw Spoony's demo of the game, the developer said that most missions will have a minimum of 7-10 entrances into an area, and they would depend on your skills and modifications.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2010, 12:12:44 am »

Looks too action-y. =/

So am I the only person who saw him pressed up behind a corner, waiting for a guy to turn around, then knocked him out and dragged his body somewhere quieter?

I like where this is going.  (The most recent stealthy game I played was Hitman.)
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

daemoria

• Bay Watcher
  • [VERTEX_SMITH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2010, 02:15:23 am »

Damn, that looks good! The cinematic take downs and entry sequences are sweet.
3 <≡Vertex≡>
This is a exceptionally prepared stack of 3 vertex. It forms the shape of a triangle.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2010, 02:32:56 am »

I must admit I love the way the city looks, reminds me of Blade Runner among other things. I like many of the things being said, many choices and their consequences. I am however a little confused about the take down mechanic, it seemed a little easy to pull off but then this could be because the PC was already highly augmented for the demo.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2010, 02:41:43 am »

It's silly, it doesn't seem to have revealed much besides what we already know about the game, and wouldn't free publicity for a game that is in PRE-ALPHA (AKA, nobody expects it to be perfect) be good for sales?
And trying to stop it only spreads it further and draws more attention to it. Which also means more free publicity, especially if it's a positive leak, as you're all making this out to be (I can't watch it myself because of terrible internet and a general disinterest in Deus Ex).
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

daemoria

• Bay Watcher
  • [VERTEX_SMITH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2010, 02:42:52 am »

yea, I'm sure for the majority of any live demo at e3 the players are using some form of Godmode. nothing ruins a good demo like having to do a boss battle 3 times. :D

One thing that I didn't see any evidence of in the footage was an inventory system like the previous games had, just a radial overlay for weapon selection. I'm not quite sure how i feel about that.
3 <≡Vertex≡>
This is a exceptionally prepared stack of 3 vertex. It forms the shape of a triangle.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2010, 02:44:44 am »

yea, I'm sure for the majority of any live demo at e3 the players are using some form of Godmode. nothing ruins a good demo like having to do a boss battle 3 times. :D

One thing that I didn't see any evidence of in the footage was an inventory system like the previous games had, just a radial overlay for weapon selection. I'm not quite sure how i feel about that.

This is also very true, almost every demo at E3 had cheats enabled.
Pages: [1] 2