Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Food mods  (Read 1587 times)

zubb2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Food mods
« on: February 16, 2012, 05:42:10 pm »

How do I change the buiscuits to toast?

I prefer toast.
(Anyone else have any stories that can compare to a man being beaten to death with his own trousers by a giant gopher?)
(when goblins showed up, I mumbled "Smithers! Release the hounds!" and had the lever pulled.)

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
Re: Food mods
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 06:30:24 pm »

Open /raw/objects/item_food.txt and change [NAME:biscuits] to [NAME:toast].
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 06:52:02 pm »

i was thinking to create a topic with same name, i need suggestions on food, since now a whole lot of possibilities can be created, i was thinking to add dozens of small effects to nongrowing herbs so importing will be a wise choice
also i was thinking to add bonuses to some creatures meat (like dragonheart give you NOFEAR and NOEXERT) meaning that you wont tire in battle nor fear anyone else, any suggestion?
Re: 1000 sgins that you play Dwarf fortress (way) too much
154. When you get the word "adamantine" on your LA vocab, you quickly cross it out and replace it with "cotton candy" and spend the next 10 minutes in fetal position rocking back and forth in fear. (Yes, I actually did this.)
...Wait. Adamantine is real?...
...155. You are no longer sure what metals are real or fictional.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 07:05:07 pm »

make dragon hearts edible and add ingestion syndrome to it? should be possible with new interactions and syndrome changes.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 07:42:59 pm »

Actually, dragon hearts should be edible already.  Adding a syndrome to it would be slightly more complicated than it may seem; you'd have to define a new tissue with an ingested syndrome, then replace the heart tissue in the dragon's raw file with this new tissue.

Another food-related question: has anyone experimented with cooked foods and syndromes yet?  I was wondering if the syndromes from individual ingredients combine in cooked food.  Obviously, since no vanilla foods have syndromes (unless random FBs have ingested syndromes in their tissues), this would require modded ingredients, but it'd be interesting to see how it works.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 07:52:13 pm »

Actually, dragon hearts should be edible already.  Adding a syndrome to it would be slightly more complicated than it may seem; you'd have to define a new tissue with an ingested syndrome, then replace the heart tissue in the dragon's raw file with this new tissue.

Another food-related question: has anyone experimented with cooked foods and syndromes yet?  I was wondering if the syndromes from individual ingredients combine in cooked food.  Obviously, since no vanilla foods have syndromes (unless random FBs have ingested syndromes in their tissues), this would require modded ingredients, but it'd be interesting to see how it works.

I guess it would work. Everything is handled by the material used to make the item itself. However, I assume that the additional ingredients would either have effects, or have their effects nullified, because they're not the base material.

That said, I haven't done a proper experiment with food syndromes, so the above is just conjecture until proven otherwise.

And I guess you can add syndromes on the material templates, so you don't have to tinker with the tissues. Just duplicate the related raw file, add the syndromes and you have your syndrome inducing flesh thingy.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 08:00:45 pm »

I had a similar question. Is it possible to add multiple food types, rather than just changing the name of the default? Not just biscuits for simple meals, but also bread, stew, candy, etc?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 08:04:35 pm »

I had a similar question. Is it possible to add multiple food types, rather than just changing the name of the default? Not just biscuits for simple meals, but also bread, stew, candy, etc?

Absolutely.  Just copy the existing food types and change the names.  Just don't change the food level because then you won't be able to make it (it may also cause other problems).
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2012, 08:06:14 pm »

Absolutely.  Just copy the existing food types and change the names.  Just don't change the food level because then you won't be able to make it (it may also cause other problems).
Awesome, thank you.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

zubb2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2012, 09:17:29 pm »

Thanks I suspect world regen will be needed.
(Anyone else have any stories that can compare to a man being beaten to death with his own trousers by a giant gopher?)
(when goblins showed up, I mumbled "Smithers! Release the hounds!" and had the lever pulled.)