Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Keda's Graphics Set 0.14 (for 0.31.10 & 08)  (Read 7846 times)

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
Re: Keda's Tileset 0.11 (for 0.31.08)
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2010, 07:36:36 am »

Wonderful update and I think I'm going to start using this tile set when I finally completely make the switch to 2010. Good job on compiling the list of different stones, I hope you included this in the download for easy reference.
I might of been a bit abstract with the "weapon looks like scrolls" thing, what I was meant to say is there is a line down the middle of the weapon that makes it look like a scroll (it's a very small detail, yes, but there isn't too many problems I can find with the tile set so I'm listing all I find no matter how small)

Another list of observations:
The remains sprite might have to be tweaked a little bit. It is a little hard to see the detail and can be confused with clothing/armour at first glance, maybe a slightly simpler graphic here.
As for the adventure mode tile set there is the possibility of removing the different varieties of vermin and just use a single tile to save room for other tiles that might be deemed more important.
I haven't played around with the raws for a while but is it possible to remove the Up/down staircase from X? It just a shame to have such beautiful downstairs leading to a X (perhaps the corpse tileset could be used here?).
Also I was worrying a bit about how this would look with the new underground but I have to say it merges great which remains a bigger plus.
I have to stress though that you do find a nice balance between adventure and fortress mode because the environment looks so damn great in both. Chariot's graphic set also seems to match the more realistic environment you have nicely but I've been having problems trying to find a version of his graphic set that doesn't have parts missing (no screenshots for a while).
I'd love to see more input from other people as well I'm not exactly the end authority of design choices.  :P

keda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2010, 02:49:06 pm »

The weapon tile is very difficult to do something about because it doubles or even tripples as ammo and equipment, and its even used in the animation when two creatues are on the same square. But sure I could remove that strip in the middle.

I can remove the vermins from adventure mode if they never show up there (do they?) Otherwise I like to keep them.

I've been thinking about changing the remains tile, its a multiuse (Body parts, chunks, vermin corpses, bone, shell, skins, skulls) as well and a simple skull and crossbone thing isn't too representative I think. I'm open to suggestions though.

The up/down cannot be removed from X unfortunately yet, hope Toady will do something about it though.

Btw, if you're still playing 40d or 40d# I could post an earlier stage of the tileset which I developed in those. Then again 09 seems to be just around the corner, and it sounds like the one where the last issues are solved.

Yeah I was hoping for a bit more input from folks here. Thanks for yours anyways. I'll post 0.12 in a bit.

Chariot

• Bay Watcher
  • Turtle Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2010, 03:49:15 pm »

Chariot's graphic set also seems to match the more realistic environment you have nicely but I've been having problems trying to find a version of his graphic set that doesn't have parts missing (no screenshots for a while).

I was confused by what you meant by parts missing... but it turns out the dffd zip had my zoo folder instead of civs folder by mistake and I never noticed. Woops! :o

keda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Keda's Graphics Set 0.13 (for 0.31.10 & 08)
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2010, 09:27:46 am »

0.13 is up now for those who want to use it with 31.10. Also includes some other stuff you might want to use. Also it is now a whole graphics set to match the dead dwarf/human/elf/kobold tiles in the original ranting rodent's set.

TKTom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Keda's Graphics Set 0.13 (for 0.31.10 & 08)
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2010, 09:33:55 pm »

This is a nice set and it doesn't get the recognition that it deserves.

I especially like having water tiles which can be easily told apart. (Double and triple ~ )

keda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Keda's Graphics Set 0.14 (for 0.31.10 & 08)
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2010, 01:27:44 pm »

Thanks for the feedback.

I've uploaded a merge with 0.14, although nothing much added. I'm sort of busy making a quick and dirty console based tool to do all the runesmith and dwarf therapist stuff, and a lot more if I have time.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2010, 03:32:23 pm »

The only problem for me is the grainy ground. For some reason it feels uncomfortable for my eyes. Everything else is awesome.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

iamamitten

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2012, 09:44:19 pm »

when I try the version of this located here ( http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=2825 ) with 0.31.12 (and I've been trying for about an hour) all I get is a tiny window frame and nothing else.  Someone said that legacy isn't compatible with .png, so could that be it? How do I make this work?
Pages: 1 [2]