Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: Through Hell: Hell world RTD, Turn 4, Malignant Molding Madness!  (Read 8565 times)

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
Re: Through Hell: Hell world RTD
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2010, 07:42:16 pm »

(Roll: 3)

You attempt to reach and gather some of the ambient energy of this world, like you did with the lunar energies before. At first, you attempt to gather it but it does not respond, but then without warning it floods you and begins twisting your body painfully, the slime recoiling and emitting a high-pitched scream as this happens. Panicking from the sudden pain, you attempt to force it out of your body, which seems to only worsen its effects. You feel as if a cloud of locusts had descended upon you and begun feasting, and resign yourself to death when it abruptly ends, leaving you writhing upon the  cold stone.
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Now wall yourself in quickly

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2010, 07:51:59 pm »

Go to my men, and see what our situation is.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2010, 07:55:04 pm »

The first post is way too damn long when editting, I should've saved the first few posts for this kind of thing but oh well. I'll get your new actions once I'm done with this.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 05:20:00 pm by abculatter_2 »
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2010, 08:34:23 pm »

Serch for supplies, and more importanly my spear, i cant verry well get us food without it, unless i can take controll of my affliction completley, and that will take a while
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2010, 09:07:29 pm »

Don Onil (Frelock):

(Luck roll: 1)

You search the nearby area for either the commander or your assigned platoon, and after what seems like an hour of searching you find neither. When you finally decide to give up hope of finding them alive, you recognize a voice calling your name. You find a group of about two dozen of your men, most of them lying prone upon the ground from various wounds, ranging from severe acid burns to crushed limbs. Those who are still standing are badly cut, bruised, and burned, though still tend to the critically wounded. They remain loyal to you, but most of them will be immobile for at least a day or two.

Eisthin (wolfchild):

(Roll: 4)

You slowly unfurl yourself from your fetal position, most of your joints cracking rather loudly as you do so. You stand on legs which seem unusually stiff, stretch your back (and it feels gooooood...), and stare at the cracks from which the slime had attacked you. They were empty and inconspicuous currently, even having just had that experience they seemed more then safe enough to sit next to. You decide to go back and search for your spear, along with any other supplies. After a good while, you manage to find your spear in the firm possession of the mage which helped you, who is more then a little reluctant to give it back, especially after glancing at the claw marks which cut clean through your armor, which was rather well-made. You eventually persuade him, and search the wreakages for anything of use. You find a crate half-full of various preserved food items which are more or less in edible condition, though have nothing to carry any of it with (besides the crate, of course).
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 09:18:06 pm by abculatter_2 »

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2010, 09:54:52 pm »

waits for nevyn, and freelock to post thier turns
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2010, 10:08:58 pm »

Yeah, I don't think that was my imagination...The Creator is telling me get a move on...I need some water first though, and a snack wouldn't hurt...haha, famous last words...

Shouldn't be too hard, these boards are half boiled already...

Actions
First, I load up a quarrel in my crossbow...just in case.

Then empty out one of my jars of nuts and dried fruit, eating as much as I can, discarding the rest-then I fill the empty jar with fresh water. Pack all my goods in my backpack, then look for a section of the hull thats thin and/or damaged, hack my out onto the beach.

OOC:Abculatter, the italics are my own RP thoughts, you don't have to include them in the turn summary
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 10:10:56 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2010, 11:12:50 pm »

(OOC: Okay then.
Also, I think this dice roller I'm using may be biased, I'll see if I can find another one)

(Danger roll: 5, Perception roll: 5)

You glance cautiously about, a sudden eerie feeling sent shivers up your spine. You load a bolt into your crossbow, take the jar with the least amount of food within and pour its contents into your mouth, not bothering to lower it when they begin spilling out over the edges. When the jar is empty, you fill it with water from the leaking barrel, heft up the axe, and start searching for a weak spot in the hull, occasionally checking over your shoulder and jumping at small, seemingly mundane sounds. Despite your growing fear, you soon reach the flooding end of the ship and find that the board there are already crumbling under their own weight. You barely even need to swing the axe at the boards and they crumble away, and it is not long before a hole large enough for you walk through is made. You're walking upon basalt shores in no time, though looking back at the hole, you think you see the glint of a retreating eye... but it was probably just a drop of water.

EDIT: Just realized, you've already made all the actions you can for this turn, I think. I guess this will be for turn 2.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 11:15:16 pm by abculatter_2 »

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2010, 11:18:13 pm »

For my text turn, when it happens (either all the others post, or it takes too long)

"Guys, im going hunting, anyone who wants to can come with me"

Gather those that want to come, and go hunting for easy game, harder animals can wait untill we are more established.

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2010, 11:20:22 pm »

easy game

hehehehehe, eheheheheh, HEEEHEHEHE, AHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2010, 11:33:21 pm »

oookay, i think all the rabbits are gone, il be fighting monty python rabbits

Nevyn134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2010, 11:41:35 pm »

OOC: hey sorry.... have been busy with assignment stuff....

*Nevyn smiles, breathing in the thick, choking air as if it were the freshest mountain breeze as he looks around the blasted ruined landscape.* Right...... New land.... devices non-functional or lost..... magic faulty...... looks like I have hit rock bottom *smiling as he turns back to the wreck of the ships on the shore, seeing a few people moving, thinking it best to leave the werewolf alone, but smiling as he watches another human hack his way out of a ship. Heading over to join him, knowing that round here safety in numbers was the best bet. And while he is there... he might be able to take a look inside that ships hull and around the ship for anything that could be remotely useful later on.....*

Actions: Joining Jessup as he hacks his way out of the ship, doing what he can to help and then seeing if he can find any interesting bits and bobs that may be useful. Up to the GM what they are..... oh, and keeping an eye out for anything that may have come looking to see what has washed up on the beach

Nevyn134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2010, 11:45:43 pm »

(by the way, this is my first RTD so it might take a few posts to get the hang of it)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2010, 12:34:18 am »

Men, this is it.  This is the lowest we are going to sink.  I'm not going to say we've been through hell; heck, we're standing at hell's doorstep as we speak.  But it's not going to get any worse.  We're going to go through, and we're going to come back again, alive.  We're going to survive in this wasteland, by sticking together, and fighting with all our strength.  I don't want to lose a single man from here on out.  Standing orders, don't die unless I say so.  I'm going to go look for a medic and see where the other companies lie.  You two, you're on watch. You two, look for any salvage you can find, especially bandages and medical supplies.  Everyone else, carry on."

Go and find a medic from another company to aid my injured men.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 12:39:50 am by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2010, 01:06:23 am »

Nevyn:
OOC: Jessup coming out of the ship won't happen until next turn, due to a mistake I made in setting up the turn actions. You could try to join him, but you'd have to succeed in a time paradox roll, which will likely fail and would take one of your actions. Such a shame, too, I had a nice little encounter all set up and now it's going to go to waste... I suppose there's always next turn...

Frelock:

(Perception roll: 3 (You), Perception roll: 1 (Your men)

You search among the other survivors for a medic, though quickly discover that your company was not the only which had suffered heavy casualties. You find plenty of medics, sure, but all of them are occupied and likely will continue to be for some time. After checking every one of the slowly organizing military groups, you find only one medic which can offer any assistance, in the form of a vial of herb salve and an armful of clean strips of cloth and bandages. He promises that when he is done with these patients he will attend your company personally, and you head back to aid your men. The two you sent out earlier come back empty handed, literally for one of them as a bastard creature living in the boiling waters of this place managed to severely wound his right hand, which is already swelling.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 01:09:24 am by abculatter_2 »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11