Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: I found a most amazing embark  (Read 27580 times)

ckdcello

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: I found a most amazing embark
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2010, 03:34:40 pm »

Just to confirm, copying the save from .12 to .16 worked just fine for me (don't forget to adjust the save-specific "raw" folder if you are using a graphics set).

jaxad0127

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2010, 03:36:34 pm »

You want to look at the raw differences as well, since there have been changes. Not updating should leave slade mineable, for example.

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2010, 06:08:51 pm »

You want to look at the raw differences as well, since there have been changes. Not updating should leave slade mineable, for example.
and that's a problem?
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2010, 07:19:17 pm »

and that's a problem?

It causes Fun bugs sometimes, like the game crashing.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2010, 07:34:17 pm »

Ah... hmm. Raw changes could fix that by making it into a standard, albeit superheavy, stone (or ore). Or you could just make it unmineable. Either way.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2010, 07:38:17 pm »

Ah... hmm. Raw changes could fix that by making it into a standard, albeit superheavy, stone (or ore). Or you could just make it unmineable. Either way.

Yes, you can fix it by making it a normal rock, but the problem comes because the game knows it's not supposed to be mine-able, but you can still mine it in that case.  It doesn't like that.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

jaxad0127

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2010, 07:41:30 pm »

A tag for unminable was added and added to slade.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2010, 07:43:48 pm »

A tag for unminable was added and added to slade.

Yes.

Daetrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2010, 12:05:14 pm »

If you want a new set of world gen params for 31.16, take a look at this.

It has
  • Sand
  • Flux
  • Sediment
  • Is almost flat
  • Adjacent stream and volcano
  • An *Upright Spoiler*

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
All you need to know about Ardentdikes
It is really, really easy to flood this place with magma fwiw.

Doors stop fire, right?

ckdcello

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2010, 09:54:40 pm »

Nice, basically everything the original had plus sand :)  And fully 3.16 compatible right off the bat, as well.  It's also slightly safer, which may reduce fun overall but will allow me to test out some magma contraptions with less hassle (and with the you-know-what, I can have as much *fun* as I want whenever I please :)  Thanks.

Dreggon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2010, 03:42:37 am »

Nice setup. Ideas for this location?

BTW, you can buy sand in the latest version, right? Then glassmaking shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Maybe for a couple windows. I played a sandless fort buying out all the sand from humans, elves, and dwarves for 12 years and only got a few hundred units.

So if you want to make something out of sand, be REALLY nice to elves, because they bring by far the most.

You have the gall to call yourself a dwarf?

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2010, 08:26:50 am »

So if you want to make something out of sand, be REALLY nice to elves, because they bring by far the most.

Only fools (and masochists) deliberately anger the elves when they have the potential to bring trade goods that no other race can offer, such as giant eagles, grizzly bears, and elephants.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

candylord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2010, 07:43:24 pm »

Only fools (and masochists) deliberately anger the elves when they have the potential to bring trade goods that no other race can offer, such as giant eagles, grizzly bears, and elephants.

Isn't that only if you quadruple the carrying capacity of mules or something?
Statistically, one in twenty of us live next door to a pedophile. Not me though, I live next door to a stunning pair of seven year olds

Organum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2010, 09:56:15 pm »

If I recall correctly, all the pack animals can carry much more now than they could in 40d. It's no longer quite as much an issue as it was in the past, so being unkind to the Elves may actually be a bad thing now.
If dwarves decided to live in trees like hippies, they'd still do it better than the elves.

Korva

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2010, 10:23:32 am »

Thank you very much for uploading this! And to Shadetree for the way to get sand on this region, too. It really is an awesome spot, and although the only goblins are on the other side of the world, they're happy to try and give me trouble here. Which makes me happy. ;) Having lots of fun with this.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5