Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

Clear area.

(1/2) > >>

Funkadelic Jive Turkey:
To have a feature where you can designate a tile (or more) to be cleared of clutter. Particularly useful for when a door is being held open.I figure it would recieve high priority, but dwarves would just have to take the item off the tile in question, they would drop it wherever past that boundary as opposed to hauling it to a proper place.

Heliopios:
This has been suggested many times, and will be implemented with the burrows feature

slMagnvox:
You can get pretty creative to clear a door tile.  Easiest is a single door, just tear it down and re-install it.  You can make it high priority by giving one of your fastest Dwarves nothing but furniture hauling.  If it is a double door or something keep in mind that dwarves installing furniture will move a rock North by preference, then South, then East/West.  They'll drop a stone on any passable tile, including buildings, unless its a building awaiting construction.  You can place a building and suspend its construction to keep a dwarf from dropping rocks there while they construct something else.  This helps when its a two-wide double door in a vertical configuration.  Suspend the door without a rock under it and the dwarves will move the rock under the first door either east or west.  Then finish the second door.code:#######
...#...
.......  Place both doors and suspend the top
...o...  The dwarf installing the bottom will
...#...  move the rock east or west
#######Another excellent strategy is to build a Craft/Mason/Mechanic Workshop very near and have your favorite dwarf make a run of rock items.  If you built the shop out of a block, when you tear it down someone will eventually haul the block to a block stockpile leaving a nice rock free area.I take it to a whole other level when I play, I really don't like any blinking furniture tiles and get pretty obsessive about clearing the dining room and bedrooms.  Mostly I use traveling craftshops, rebuilding them as needed to keep them nearest trouble spots.

Funkadelic Jive Turkey:
Cool, and cool. (One per post.)Also, rather than start a new thread I might as well ask here:Has anyone ever had dwarfs recover from red injuries? Mine seem to stay in a state of pain till they go mad from drowsiness.Where can I acquire dwarven morphine?

Heliopios:
quote:Originally posted by Funkadelic Jive Turkey:
<STRONG>Also, rather than start a new thread I might as well ask here:Has anyone ever had dwarfs recover from red injuries? Mine seem to stay in a state of pain till they go mad from drowsiness.</STRONG>
Well I myself have never seen a dwarf, even with superdwarven toughness, recover from a red wound anywhere on his/her body.
I just dont think it happen, I guess that should be fixed on the wiki.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version