Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: All hail the mighty Illithid Empire! (Illithid fort Version 2 posted)  (Read 11087 times)

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: All hail the mighty Illithid Empire! (Illithid fort WIP posted)
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2010, 12:49:09 am »

Ok, I've finally uploaded the next WIP version.  Pets still don't work, but I think I've fixed the worst reaction problems.  I've also marked dangerous rxns with a *P*, for psychic pollution.  Because the first thing I did last time was gas one of my own workers   :-[.

Some reactions added at the other temples.  There seems to be a problem with the bars of latent fire.  The idea is for you to use a stockpile to lay a line of 'em and they'd catch each other on fire once you ignited them.  But they don't seem to catch each other on fire.  dfprobe says the temperature in the next space is hot enough (at least, temp1 is.  temp2 is still at ambient.  not sure what that means).  Not sure what's wrong.

I've set the illithid nobles to use some of the rarer castes, in an attempt to guarantee their arrival as a reward for climbing the noble ladder.  I'm curious if it will work.  There is a free wealth generating reaction at the alter of the god-brain, which will allow you to quickly generate the wealth required to attract the nobles.

I'll post more sometime tomorrow about what all the reactions are supposed to do, and about what's supposed to show up with each level of noble, but it's almost 2am now.
Mods I've done:
Zelda mod-mod, Beta in the Wild DF 47.04
Illithid Empire mod DF 31.25 (update canceled)
Spotter's Guide to Illithids (Genesis mod-mod) genesis 3.19a4 (update canceled)

ProZocK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: All hail the mighty Illithid Empire! (Illithid fort Version 2 posted)
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2010, 06:32:02 am »

Sleep is for the weak!
I jest, I jest
 :P
I always imagine dwarves to train as if fighting pretend monsters. "It's a carp, use your sword!" "Shwish! Shwoosh! It's dead!" "Oh no, it's a giant cave spider! Noo, it's got me! Kill it with your axe!" "Swoosh, I cut off its head!"
UNDEAD ELEPHANTS.HERDS OF THEM.EVEN IN DEATH I STILL GRAZE.

animandan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2010, 11:18:21 am »

About to try playing as the Illithid ^_^.  I have one questing though - This will work if I put the save into a Genisis mod folder correct?  Or do I need to download the base Illithid mod and then do some crazy frankenstein stuff to get it to work with Genisis?

Edit: And yes, I see you have sort of answered this already, but I'm still a bit confused as to where exactly this is supposed to go, as I've never used a premade world before.  I put the save in a Genisis save folder, but none of the Genisis civs were there so I'm not sure if I did it correctly.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 11:55:56 am by animandan »

ProZocK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2010, 02:05:33 pm »

I just downloaded a fresh install of the genesis mod and put all the stuff into my save folder, it worked wonderfully, didnt have to do anything else. The civilizations from genesis are not supposed to be there I think.
I always imagine dwarves to train as if fighting pretend monsters. "It's a carp, use your sword!" "Shwish! Shwoosh! It's dead!" "Oh no, it's a giant cave spider! Noo, it's got me! Kill it with your axe!" "Swoosh, I cut off its head!"
UNDEAD ELEPHANTS.HERDS OF THEM.EVEN IN DEATH I STILL GRAZE.

animandan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2010, 02:13:36 pm »

Aww, well that's unfortunate.  Guess I'm going to have to learn some more about modding if I want to make it work, and to get the illithid graphics in Genisis to work with the civ too.

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2010, 07:23:59 pm »

Hey animandan,

The illithid mod is currently WIP (work in progress), but once I get everything working in vanilla dwarf fortress I plan to do a merge with the Genesis mod.  There are a couple of frankenstein steps involved in doing that:  in particular the brain-based reactions require that intelligent creatures use a different tissue for their brain than animals do.
Mods I've done:

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: All hail the mighty Illithid Empire! (Illithid fort WIP posted)
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2010, 09:13:20 pm »

I'll post more sometime tomorrow about what all the reactions are supposed to do, and about what's supposed to show up with each level of noble, but it's almost 2am now.

Noble Levels:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Unfortunately, no one really knows how to get nobles.  Lots of money, roads, and lots of different types of jobs (stonecraft, metalcraft, gemcraft, woodcraft) being done the same year are supposed to help.  Requirements listed in the mod are 20, then 30, then 40 pop, several thousand coins of exports, and several tens of thousands of coins of wealth created.  Unfortunately, it looks like nobles are mainly internal appointees now, so this may not work at all :(.  The ones associated with the monarch may still, though?

Reactions:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Mods I've done:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]