Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cheat Reactions Troubleshoot  (Read 2215 times)

romaska

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Cheat Reactions Troubleshoot
« on: June 23, 2010, 09:23:10 pm »

Hey all,
It seems that every new version breaks my cheat reactions. I'm trying to convert 1 unit of any stone into wood and steel, ideally 2 wood logs per stone and one steel bar per stone. Here's what I had saved from the first DF2010 release:
Code: [Select]
[REACTION:FREE_WOOD]
[NAME:instant wood]
[REAGENT:A:2:BOULDER:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:2:WOOD:NO_SUBTYPE:PLANT_MAT:OAK:WOOD][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[BUILDING:SMELTER:NONE]
[SKILL:SMELT]

[REACTION:FREE_STEEL]
[NAME:instant steel]
[BUILDING:SMELTER:NONE]
[REAGENT:A:3:BOULDER:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:STEEL][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[SKILL:SMELT]
Some help/pointers would be appreciated, and maybe even suggestions of your own favorite cheat/fun/silly reactions.

Wyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cheat Reactions Troubleshoot
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 09:31:49 pm »

Wood does not have product dimension. It should have never worked in the first place.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 09:45:59 pm »

Product dimension doesn't matter, you can have it or not have it. As far as I've been concerned with all my reaction testing it doesn't matter. Save for thread...

The product line on my cheats list for metal is...

[PRODUCT:100:1:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:ADAMANTINE]

The product line on my cheats list for wood is...

[PRODUCT:100:1:WOOD:NO_SUBTYPE:PLANT_MAT:MANGROVE:WOOD]

The information for this is on my guide... see sig forum version, the wiki version even has some...

Here's my list of cheats...

these are in a text file named "reaction_cheats_items"
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I put them in a separate workshop... this is in a file "building_cheats"

You then HAVE TO ADD THE PERMITTED REACTION and building... IN THE entity_default.txt

All this information is covered in my guide. Second post down is a guide for creating a custom reaction and custom building and making sure your dwarfs can use it. Wiki or forum version.

-edit-

yes I know I'm a mean hateful person.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 09:51:52 pm by Shaostoul »
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

LordHavoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 02:34:25 am »

That is an excellent source of reactions.

Do you happen to have a couple hiding up your sleeve for bone and shell?

*edit* I think i've found a round-a-bout way via the fish and lobster reactions...that guide of yours is awesome.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 04:52:23 am by LordHavoc »

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 02:00:25 pm »

:P That's why I put it there.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

LordHavoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2010, 09:33:55 am »

My workaround didn't work.

When creating lobsters/fish withing a building. The items aren't recognized as anything (fish dissector doesn't process them, butcher doesn't turn them into anything. etc)

I couldn't find anything on the wiki for unrotten 'dead' things. Any ideas how to make dead animals via reaction?

Ratbert_CP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Enraged Primate
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2010, 09:45:58 am »

If you're looking for shell, I modded horn and hoof to be treated as shell by adding [SHELL] to the appropriate sections in material_template_defailt.txt.  Make the change in your saved games raw file, and voila! Butcher an appropriate animal (horse, cow, mule, donkey, etc), and your raving mood-dwarf will have his (or her) "shell"!
Ratbert #CP#Z
"For FUN and HONOR!"

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2010, 02:46:59 pm »

As it stands right now LordHavoc. There is no proper way for making a "true" creature via reactions yet.

I've only been able to produce pseudo-live-vermin. There were various dead things I've made, but none of them functioned how they should.

LordHavoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2010, 05:10:58 am »

That's fine, thanks for the workaround for the shell dilemma. And that resource means i can stretch my creative muscle and make something wierd.