Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Change Adventure mode Default weapon ?  (Read 1045 times)

sirinon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Change Adventure mode Default weapon ?
« on: May 26, 2012, 11:59:32 pm »

Hey all so a random question

Lately I have been playing adventure mode  ALOT  with wanderers friend mod, I am trying to find out if it is possible to change
the default weapon from a spear to a sword or is that hardcoded ?

I like spears but most of my characters are sword based, normally I will make a bonesword  but it dosent do very well when I have to start killing higher level creatures, the same with Bone armour..... Suggestions ?  is it possible to change the default loadout ?

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Change Adventure mode Default weapon ?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 12:03:42 am »

Put all skill the skill points you would usually put into spears into swords, boom. You got a sword.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

sirinon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 12:15:35 am »

*Facepalm* it gave me a shield too !  thanks, all problems now solved :)

Courtesy Arloban

• Bay Watcher
  • This isn't a fortress... ...It's also not a map.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 02:13:27 pm »

I've found that with skills in lasher I get a spear instead of a whip. The way to fix that and to also change the default swords and whatever to more exotic weapons is to mod the entity to be able to use whips add [WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_WHIP] and replace the standard weapon for example [WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SWORD_SHORT] with [WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SCIMITAR] if you want to start with that.(you don't have to just to get the whip and i prefer to use my modded swords instead of scimitars.)
Maybe that the dwarves never died and everyone is just shunning them.
"Wait, what are you doing?  I don't want to go in there!  No, I'm still alive, you can't do this to me!  Is Anybody listening?  Hello... Can someone let me out?  Help me!  Is anyone there?  I'm running out of air!"