Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: [34.01] Mushroom Kingdom Legacy  (Read 11260 times)

WormSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WormSlayer.com
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Legacy
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2010, 01:19:17 am »

Now this is a job for ... Dwarfio !

Awesome mod idea! :)

StephanReiken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2010, 04:09:46 am »

Update! Now contains the Toad Civilization, and Evil Koopa Troop Civilization.

Still having basic creature issues but the game runs fine as is. What in Armok's name the Koopa's Shell is made out of is beyond me.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I need some help on this, I can't see where my raws are wrong and any changes I make in attempt to fix this either have no effect or make more errors.

EDIT: And if you saw that, I can't type :P

MOREEDIT:

Oh, and I figured out what format works to insert raws directly into the game by just copying them into the objects folder, so now all the raws are compatible with such.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 04:25:28 am by StephanReiken »

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2010, 06:11:51 am »

how exactly are you going to manage the bomb ombs explosions?
using an inhaled syndrome from an instant boil corpse?
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

StephanReiken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2010, 11:29:55 am »

I was thinking of a trailing gas effect or what not with an extreme amount of heat, and the bob-omb would also take damage from this attack.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2010, 02:30:29 pm »

You could set the skin of the bomb-omb to specific heat, so it'll be okay, but make it really weak so it can tear. Then you make the liquid inside him have extreme heat and low spec heat and have an ignite point below it's temperature. At least, that's how I think it'd go down.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2010, 02:50:45 pm »

I hope you don't mind, but I've reworked the creature file after my post in the other thread so it doesn't generate errors (along with a tweak to the entity files to account for the new toad identifier). I've put the creature raws here.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

StephanReiken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2010, 04:02:10 pm »

I hope you don't mind, but I've reworked the creature file after my post in the other thread so it doesn't generate errors (along with a tweak to the entity files to account for the new toad identifier). I've put the creature raws here.

Ah, a very efficient way of doing things ^^. I shall try to use your example from here and give you credit. I greatly appreciate the help :D.

I'm also going to name my objects _MKL as to prevent any issues when combining with other mods.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 04:11:08 pm by StephanReiken »

StephanReiken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2010, 12:37:33 am »

Shy Guys are Up!

Next up are Beanish, then I'll get to work on a handful or two of unintelligent creatures, then start to refine the items with the major races to give them unique weapons and armor.

Shima

• Bay Watcher
  • Time to go fishing, lads.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2010, 03:21:52 am »

With bob-ombs, it might be more canon to give them some general attacks (Headbutting, perhaps punching if you want the armed style of Bob-omb), and then have them drop a super-heated mineral on death to cause a large explosion.  I've make bob-ombs in 40d that worked just like that, for use as guards and general-purpose kamikaze.  Kills everything dead, and leaves nothing but metal bits where the enemy was.  The only problem is that explosions spread so slowly in DF, that it only really guarantees a kill on those in the same or immediately adjacent squares.
(giant worm leather coat)
Weight: 718238Γ
Owner: Udil Evonudil, Planter

Oh Armok, the spice.

StephanReiken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2010, 08:36:20 pm »

Update!

All of the Crab Species I could find were created, as well as Fighter Flies, Buzzy Beetles and many castes under them, Freezies, Podoboos, and Spinys.

Also removed Arsenal jobs from all civs, seeing that they are worthless now.

Next up, more nonintelligent species to spice up the wildlife.

EDIT: Beanish Civ didn't make it into Raws, quick update!

More minor change, made the civs controllable/adventurers as they should be. Also Koopas are much faster with a base speed of 1000, slower than your average race.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 10:27:25 pm by StephanReiken »

Ma88hew

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2010, 04:28:24 pm »

This is an epic mod, I decided to remove all non-Mushroom Kingdom races and creatures so I could pretend to be playing a sick twisted version of Mario where you have medieval weapons and blood/vomit. It was fun playing as a koopa and slaughtering the local goombas.

With bob-ombs, it might be more canon to give them some general attacks (Headbutting, perhaps punching if you want the armed style of Bob-omb), and then have them drop a super-heated mineral on death to cause a large explosion.  I've make bob-ombs in 40d that worked just like that, for use as guards and general-purpose kamikaze.  Kills everything dead, and leaves nothing but metal bits where the enemy was.  The only problem is that explosions spread so slowly in DF, that it only really guarantees a kill on those in the same or immediately adjacent squares.

I think Boos would be better as a common flying wild animal that travels in groups. They could steal stuff from a fortress too, sometimes, which would fit their mischievous nature.

You don't want a Bob-omb to have an explosion too big, or you could just snipe one and a whole group of them would blow up. Only killing immediately adjacent tiles would be good enough to kill any melee attackers, and if they are just a bit faster than most races, they would be a good match for most ranged attackers as well.

StephanReiken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2010, 11:15:54 pm »

I'll have to experiment with it to see what I like ^^.

Sorry, no update right now. Trying to work in the system from Legendary Lands and I've hit a couple obstacles. Might just scrap that and go with whats been working.

StephanReiken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2012, 11:11:28 pm »

No update at the moment but I'm here to report that I am working on this again in anticipation of the new DF version. If you have any interest or suggestions to make, let me know!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2012, 11:27:44 pm »

Well, there's the obvious fire flower and mushroom interactions :P

StephanReiken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2012, 02:30:13 pm »

Aye, with the new ability for Syndromes that mutate entities I could very well  have the Fire Flower add the projectile fire attack I've given to the Fire Brothers and hopefully Super Mushrooms can have the obvious effect ^^.
Pages: 1 [2] 3