Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: [34.01] Mushroom Kingdom Legacy  (Read 11255 times)

StephanReiken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[34.01] Mushroom Kingdom Legacy
« on: June 26, 2010, 01:52:22 am »

I've started a mod based upon the Mario franchise.

Current Version: 0.51 Alpha
Download Here: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=2585

Civilizations (Playable)
Koopas
Goombas
Humans
Toads
Beanish

Civilizations (Non-Playable)
Shyguys

Current Work

Koopa (Playable Civilization)

The Koopas are a humanoid, land-based turtle race. Although they typically live on the outside, Koopa Civilizations often construct a castle or underground dungeon from which to live in. The Koopas are a tough race with their shell, however they aren't, for the most part, as strong or agile as other races.

Castes
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Goomba (Playable Civilization)

The Goombas are a strange mushroom shaped, intelligent race. Goombas literally litter the world, showing up in all corners of the world with a large litter size to multiple excessively. Despite not having arms, Goombas are an advanced race familar with most metalworking using their mouths to manipulate objects.

Castes

Beanish (Playable Civilization)

The Beanish are a green skinned race, associated with many variations of creatures. They are a strong, careful race that guard their borders well.

Shy Guy (Non Playable Civilization)

The Shy Guys are small squarish, primitive humanoids that form a tribal civilization.

Castes

Update Log
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 09:00:21 pm by StephanReiken »

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Legacy
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 03:01:45 am »

I'm posting in epic thread. :D Totally wanna see this finished.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2010, 04:40:41 am »

Heh. I considered the Mario games for a "Dwarves in another World" type mod at a later time. Good thing I didn't. Looking forward to see more.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Brandon816

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2010, 04:41:53 am »

I would say make another civilization, something like the army of bowser, and have each of the koopa and goomba castes, along with other minions he uses.

Teach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2010, 06:16:30 am »

Awesome mod don't forget to add Boos (my favorite mario character) once materials are fixed!

StephanReiken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2010, 06:18:06 pm »

Update!

Added a half dozen unplanned castes including the Koopa King, the Hammer Brothers and their subspecies, and the Lakitus. Still need to include Dark Lakitus, Dark Hammer/Fire/Boomerang Bros and to make sure I didn't miss any other official dark koopas.

I don't plan on making a Bowser specific race civ, for the issues such as goombas and koopas breeding, etc.

But I am up for any suggestions ^^.

I plan on Boos, possibly making a King Boo megabeast or semimegabeast.

I want to include the Smithy Organization as a race, a race of mechanloid creatures which spout off of two central castes, two factory machines. Not sure about this idea though, but it sounds neat.

I might reduce Goomba to a simple civilization, as they don't have arms to manipulate stuff with.

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2010, 11:07:48 pm »

Update!

Added a half dozen unplanned castes including the Koopa King, the Hammer Brothers and their subspecies, and the Lakitus. Still need to include Dark Lakitus, Dark Hammer/Fire/Boomerang Bros and to make sure I didn't miss any other official dark koopas.

I don't plan on making a Bowser specific race civ, for the issues such as goombas and koopas breeding, etc.

But I am up for any suggestions ^^.

I plan on Boos, possibly making a King Boo megabeast or semimegabeast.

I want to include the Smithy Organization as a race, a race of mechanloid creatures which spout off of two central castes, two factory machines. Not sure about this idea though, but it sounds neat.

I might reduce Goomba to a simple civilization, as they don't have arms to manipulate stuff with.

goombas use their mouth to grab stuff, if I do recall I saw one use their mouth to hammer up a sign
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

StephanReiken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2010, 05:02:41 pm »

UPDATE!

New civilization, Goombas!

Still exploring and thinking about how I can change the entitys of these civs to make them more unique.

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2010, 08:50:16 pm »

Goombas strike me as definite thieves, while Koopas are probably thieves and babysnatchers. Toads are probably really easy to make sad, and BeanBeans are kind of aggressive. Also, since they're from another kingdom, you could give them [UTTERANCES] and it would be canon.

That said, HOLYSHITWIN.

StephanReiken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2010, 12:46:19 am »

Goombas strike me as definite thieves, while Koopas are probably thieves and babysnatchers.

But there are peaceful Goombas and Koopas. Perhaps two civ entries for the races, one evil and one good for each.

Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2010, 11:29:17 am »

I want to see mario as a megabeast.

Castle 4-1 destroyed by megabeast Mario.

Julius Clonkus

• Bay Watcher
  • [NIGHTMARE_FETISHIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2010, 01:27:53 pm »

It would be weird to have multiple "Marios" running around. I'd suggest a generic "plumber" megabeast with an insanely strong stomp attack.

And it'd be cool if powerups and block types would find their way into DF as well. Powerup blocks which randomly contain Super Mushrooms, 1UP Mushrooms, Fire Flowers and sometimes just generic coins maybe?

Damn, now I feel like building and filling a castle with lethal Bob-ombs, too.
Holy schist, this thread is mica me sick.
DF Players never truly leave.  They just abandon the fortress for a few years and then reclaim.

StephanReiken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2010, 05:01:15 pm »

It would be weird to have multiple "Marios" running around. I'd suggest a generic "plumber" megabeast with an insanely strong stomp attack.

And it'd be cool if powerups and block types would find their way into DF as well. Powerup blocks which randomly contain Super Mushrooms, 1UP Mushrooms, Fire Flowers and sometimes just generic coins maybe?

Damn, now I feel like building and filling a castle with lethal Bob-ombs, too.

Hmm, I don't know if I want a Plumber Megabeast or even semimegabeast. I planned on making a human caste, possibly called Plumber now :P which had extremely high physical stats.

I'm considering a floating brick and floating ? block creature, but all they would contain is the powerups which would end up being food, or coins.

Bob-ombs ^^. I plan on making those with a fire attack that causes them to suicide :P. Possibly a rare caste which does not kill itself with the attack (as Paper Mario which had a partner Bob-omb which did so.)

StephanReiken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2010, 11:10:10 pm »

Still working on stuff, created Toad Species.

New List of Major Races which form civilizations, tell me what you think!

Major Civs
Toads
Humans
Beanish
Koopas
Goombas
Shy Guys

Minor Civs
Hoohooligans
Nimbus People
Pinatas
Mole Folk
Boos? (Unsure, but as a Civ race I think they can't be undead, which would be preferable, but they don't really make civilizations)
Bumpties

Other notably intelligent races, possibly minor civs, some may be more fitting for Semimegabeasts or more. The problem is, just about every race is given some intelligent members.
Yoshis (A tribal form and a non-tribal form? Depends on if I can mix Pet with Intelligent and a Civ)
Crocodile (may be a rare subrace of Yoshi? Croco's race)
Birdos
Nokis
Tanookies
Mousers
Punies
Jabbies
Oho Jees
Winkles
Clubba
Doogan
Craw
Bub-ulbs
Cheep-Cheep
Frogs
Thwomps (Considering this for a SemiMegabeast instead, but they are intelligent)
Ninji
Bob-Omb (But yet their main attack is to blow up. Curious if Pet works with Intelligent and Civ)
Duplighost (Can't really mimic their abilities, if included would likely be a SemiMegabeast instead)
Jinx Species (no name for the species, only one known member)
Clefts
Bullies
Kongs (Crossover I know, but they are prominent in Mario's history)
Rawk Hawk's Species
Shadows (shadow siren species)
? Block Race (wierd race that seems to be made from ? blocks)
Pig race (Midbus's race)
Punchinello's Race
Belome's Race
Dodo's Race (Really, come on.)
Ants? (They wore armor and used Axes..)
Chows
Chesters
Starslaps
Ravens

Alien Civs, They could be here, but they are Aliens of the universe so I'm not sure yet
Shroobs
X-Nauts
Factory-Made (Smithy's Machine Race)
Vandan, or Dark Knight (Culex's race, not human)

I want to include everything, being ridiculously overly complicated is soo right ^^. Its a matter of interpretation, how to pick which intelligent species are Civ-able. Either including a separate [INTELLIGENT] Caste for every species in the world or accepting that most of the truely Mario species are going to be intelligent.

Also, I'm currently excluding Wario-based races. I may or may not include them.

I haven't sorted out Mario Land, Yoshi-based, or possibly a few others. Not complete

All Mundane unintelligent creatures could be included, as the 'Real World' is included in the many Mario Sports games. Then again, you could just ignore this, but the 'Real World' seems to be the only source of Humans as well.

I do want Dry Bones, but it wouldn't make sense for koopas to breed, or for them to breed, as they are undead.

Note to Self: New Caste, Boom Boom for Koopas
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 11:24:19 pm by StephanReiken »

Malecus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2010, 11:24:10 pm »

Couldn't you just take ratmen from the previous edition, make them subterranean, and rename them mousers?

Also, post up shy guys as soon as you create them.  Love those little guys, and we need more mask-wearing races in the game post haste!
Pages: [1] 2 3