Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: [34.01] Mushroom Kingdom Legacy  (Read 11349 times)

StephanReiken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Legacy
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2012, 04:57:52 am »

Interim version, now updated to 31.25 with some minor changes here and there.

StephanReiken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2012, 04:26:06 am »

Another update!

V0.51
Various minor changes to raws, eggs added to all crab creatures. Added Blooper to water biomes, and Electro Blooper and Super Blooper to the underground. Big Blooper Megabeast added. Bloopers all have a material breath attack with a syndrome that is supposed to disable the eyes and cause pain. Plants added to the world, almost a dozen different mushroom types as well as fire flowers, racoon leaves, and keel mangos.

All mushrooms can be crafted into alchohals called shroom shakes. Blooper Megabeast is interesting but he might be to strong. More testing is needed but it has real problems fighting Dragons but easily dispatched a max skilled dwarf with all adamantine equipment.

Speculating on the uses of various things but I'm considering making reactions to turn all of the mushrooms into soap as a stand-in for the health-giving properties they are supposed to have.

I actually didn't put in Poison Mushroom but I do have super mario rpg's bad mushroom which is close to the same thing. Added syndromes but its also edible and you can turn it into booze. I'm not sure if dwarves would get the syndrome from ingesting it. Its not fatal, has the same effect as the Cave Floater symdrome right now.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 04:31:17 am by StephanReiken »

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2012, 08:01:09 am »

They won't be poisoned by ingestion yet, but the next version will have ingested syndromes. Also, squids and their ink will be in the next version, which may be useful for the bloopers.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

StephanReiken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2012, 07:39:07 pm »

Working on my update to this, next release will just update current content to 34.01 but now I've got these ideas..

Magikoopa spells.
Multiple Magikoopa castes like in Paper Mario?
Morph creatures into a Koopa or Goomba for a short time.
Healing
Plain Damage
Fireball
Enlarge Ally

Mario Powerups
Super Mushroom - Enlarge Player
Fire Flower - adds Fireball attack
Starman - Tough one. Might max all combat skills for the duration but would they go back down after? If I can multi-stage the syndrome (this effect at this time to this time then this effect) I could force the stats down to average levels afterwards but it 'would' be a downgrade for someone who had better skills. This will take SCIENCE! to perfect.
Racoon Leaf - Adds tail and Flier based on the presence of said tail.

Throw some other ideas in here! The next major update will also contain a sizable number of creatures to populate the world and a hard look and re-balancing of the Entities.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2012, 08:41:37 pm »

A "paper plant" that changes the body structure, preferably in a defensive angle?

Turtle shells gives nice things to Yoshis?

Speaking of that, Yoshis that evaporate upon death would be interesting, along with statinary giant sunflower plants (both from Sunshine).

Lava needs repopulation with evil, evil things. I suggest taking a look at Yoshis Story for suggestions for wildlife. (Seeing a pattern?)

Duplighost reworking for colder biomes, along with Sirens in the darker, more evil places. As such, building a gigantic,movable door to keep the most powerful caste of the sirens kept in check is actualy sound logic. :P

Dragons! No, realy, they are around to the point that a few flavors are feasable. A Robotic, lung type one for the desert could be a rare threat, while the varing 'Tales could be made into above-dwelling, underground-living, and hell-unliving varients. Also, because there are now grasshoppers, you could make it so that the above-grounders all are sickened by them.

Also, if you think about it, if bowser or his kin were necromancers, it would explain how Dry Bones keep coming back up. ;D As such, while you might add "Displaced Dry Bones" or sumsuch as a threat in the caverns, a actual base creature would be unnessisary.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Pikdome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2012, 08:53:46 pm »

I think shyguys should be elevated to a playable race, with their ultra variant caste system, they seem like they'd actually be a lot of fun, and I don't feel that them being written off as primitive is fitting, take a look at general guy and what not, I think they should be on-par with vanilla df's dwarves in terms of technology.

Maybe expand the shyguy caste thing into certain natural affinities, like spearguys being well, naturally adept spear-guys, but being hindered in learning, mediguys could be naturally geared towards doctoring skills while possessing little in the way of strength, spyguys having natural ambushing skills, etc.

You've probably already poured over many things like this but, feel like taking a peek once again?
http://shrines.rpgclassics.com/n64/papermario/enemiesp.shtml

StephanReiken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2012, 08:53:55 pm »

Aye, evil things might be more fun for you guys to play around with ;).

I don't plan on doing anything that actually turns things into paper, too much work for what is going to end up being a crippling effect.

I considered that and thats why I'm not implemented Dry Bones as its own race or caste. They are plain undead.. However perhaps a Magikoopa spell to turn another Koopa into a Dry Bones would be good?

That is a consideration on Yoshis and Koopa Shells. I think it would be possible to cause that effect by having what the shell is made out of have an ingested syndrome. But.. when would a Yoshi ever eat one? I'd have to make it edible and drop from the Koopa's corpse (without removing the rest of the corpse. I'd rather have full bodies than replace the corpse with shells). I'm not sure that last part is possible.

Lava things, I already have Poodooboo as a Lava based Vermin (Those little jumping fireballs). I'll probably get Blargs in there too, but there are not a terribly large number of lava creatures.

I'm not sure I understand the reference of a giant moving door as a caste of the Sirens. :P.

StephanReiken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2012, 08:57:31 pm »

I think shyguys should be elevated to a playable race, with their ultra variant caste system, they seem like they'd actually be a lot of fun, and I don't feel that them being written off as primitive is fitting, take a look at general guy and what not, I think they should be on-par with vanilla df's dwarves in terms of technology.

Maybe expand the shyguy caste thing into certain natural affinities, like spearguys being well, naturally adept spear-guys, but being hindered in learning, mediguys could be naturally geared towards doctoring skills while possessing little in the way of strength, spyguys having natural ambushing skills, etc.

You've probably already poured over many things like this but, feel like taking a peek once again?
http://shrines.rpgclassics.com/n64/papermario/enemiesp.shtml

I have Shy Guys but only as a Tribal society. I don't implement all of the castes because I find them to be a little redundant (spear guys for instance) but besides those few, Shyguys have a lot of castes.

The Shy Guys that are technological always seem to 'also' be a part of the Koopa Troop. Until I can implement a multi-racial Civ I'll probably keep Shy Guys as a Tribal society (ala Yoshi's Island). But you are more than welcome to paste the Dwarf abilities into their civilization, there isn't anything stopping it.

-On that thought, I'll probably put Shy Guys up for Adventurer race-

Side Note, everything seems to be working so I'm just re-labeling the current release as compatible with 34.01, no changes at present.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 09:03:19 pm by StephanReiken »

Pikdome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [34.01] Mushroom Kingdom Legacy
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2012, 09:20:57 pm »

Just because I love paper mario 64 so much, you should add in lil'oinks as a domesticated animal with many variants, maybe being able to be 'processed' into what their variant is associated with.

Also, do you currently have crayzee dayzee's added?

Pikdome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2012, 03:34:17 pm »

After a bit o' brainstorming, I think you need to add some of the following:

Starpieces as a gem

maybe a stonelayer that's composed mostly of brick block stone, with '?' blocks interspersed that drop random items when mined?

Cleft's including bald and spiked variants.

Clubba's added as tribals

Maybe whacka's, which you can butcher for bumps..
You could totally add more enemies from yoshi's island;

Like melon bugs as vermin
http://www.mariowiki.com/Melon_Bug

Flightless goonies as livestock maybe?
http://www.mariowiki.com/Flightless_Goonie

Solotoady child snatchers?
http://www.mariowiki.com/Solo_Toady

Let me know what you think.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2012, 04:31:48 pm »

I'm not sure I understand the reference of a giant moving door as a caste of the Sirens. :P.

Bwah? Nah, I was talking about keeping the inevitable megabeast-level caste of the Sirens behind such a door.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

agertor

• Bay Watcher
  • Socks, so useful I wear them
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2012, 12:04:08 am »

Figured I'd ask since I'm making my own version really, but would you mind if I either worked with you *giving you things you don't have* or just taking it as it is and making my own entirely. Figured I'd ask otherwise I'm gonna go ahead and start from scratch. I want to make a mario mod about a couple thousand years in the future of the universe. Though I'm the only coder I at least have one playtester and a mario expert of everything mario. Not me mind you. I just like mario, this guy just knows too much.
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN
I came back with my sandwich. That was the saddest sandwich, I had ever eaten in my entire life.
you are an evil person sock.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2012, 01:33:33 pm »

Well!

I was just about to put up the start of a 'Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom' mod, but it seems that you've got quite a bit here already!  Want to team up?  I've got a bunch of creatures waiting to be uploaded.

BTW, I have a good design for a playable Shy Guy race.  Basically I see them as a 'childish' race whose moral code and playstyle is based mainly on having as much fun (or Fun) as possible, and they have a lot of mechanical skills.  While their fighting ability is poor, their workshops and skills are optimized to make them the perfect race to play as if you love megaprojects, traps, and mechanisms.  They can turn a door into a 'subspace portal' (based both on their original SMB2 appearance and their 'toy box' in Paper Mario), from which they can quickly produce vegetables or multicolored blocks of a lightweight, magma-safe material - in other words, the perfect building material (although near-useless for weapons and armor).
Pages: 1 2 [3]