Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Bloat134 - when?  (Read 2672 times)

sektor666

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Bloat134 - when?
« on: December 15, 2007, 02:48:00 pm »

So I know it's probably not the most important thing for DF atm, but I was just wondering - when approximately can we expect some magic to be put into the game? (fireballs and lightning bolts in adventure mode would be soooo cool :P)

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
Re: Bloat134 - when?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 05:54:00 pm »

Yeh i want cool magic, not just the ordinary everyday stuff we currently have (Infinite energy generators, destruction of matter and items colder than absoloute zero)
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2007, 05:56:00 pm »

I'd rather let adventure mode get some real structure before magic starts showing up.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2007, 05:58:00 pm »

I'm all set with no magic.  There are many things I'd rather have first.  I'm not a huge fan of having magic in the game at all - I certainly don't want it to be a priority.

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2007, 06:16:00 pm »

Magic? No. Definitely not now, probably not later. I'm all for the wizard tower in the haunted swamp stocked with skeletal eagle bowman and the fireball throwing zombie cow summoning wizard at the top for an endgame adventurer challenge later on, but.. magic being a common everyday thing?

Making a starting class or civ wizard? Magic items in the average adventueres inventory? Combining fairy dust with ozone to make masterpeice wands? Spells?

If that ever happens, I hope I can edit it out in the raws.

Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

WillNZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2007, 08:56:00 pm »

Rare, potent, complex ritual magic = AWESOME!!
Cheap, combat DnD-esque magic = meh

Kyselina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2007, 03:54:00 am »

Of course everyone wants magic artifacts.
Tun Athelbuket, farmer cancels sleep: Caged.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2007, 04:01:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Kyselina:
<STRONG>Of course everyone wants magic artifacts.</STRONG>

If I get a cursed boot, I'll be fucking pissed.

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Jusal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2007, 01:09:00 pm »

I'd rather have it based around magic items. Runesmithing and stuff like that.

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2007, 02:32:00 pm »

Actually, I don't even want magic at all. I always thought of dwarves as being technologically advanced, with mechanisms and all kinds of gizmos.

Meh.

Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.

tarsier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2007, 10:10:00 pm »

I don't care much for magic either.

Reign on your Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2007, 10:45:00 pm »

I want magic.

But intelligent well thought out magic

"Oh come ON, why hasn't ANYONE thought to provide say.... PUBLIC LIGHTING?"

ou''re just as free to state your opinion as I am free to completely disregard it.

Keilden

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of The Endcat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2007, 04:57:00 am »

Magic should be like in warhammer in that it may casue the wizards head to explode :)
The Endcat will end you and everything you love.

Vodalian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2007, 07:04:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Slappy Moose:
<STRONG>Actually, I don't even want magic at all. I always thought of dwarves as being technologically advanced, with mechanisms and all kinds of gizmos.

Meh.</STRONG>

What about the other races you can play as (adventure), or the races you can't play as? I think magic would be totally fine as long as dwarf magic is 'dwarfish' and clumsy, maybe geomancy style magic.

[ December 17, 2007: Message edited by: Vodalian ]

Aspartic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2007, 08:04:00 am »

I'd still like to see dwarven magic centered around artifacts. That would keep it rare, and add more awesome to the artifacts, espicially if they got more powerful the longer you were able to keep them in your possession. (And the more powerful, the more nasty things want to get their hands on it!)
o matter the cost.
Pages: [1] 2