Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Haven & Hearth 3.0  (Read 25472 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Haven & Hearth 3.0
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2010, 08:32:54 pm »

I really want to play this, but it lags so much. Maybe I'll try to update Java...
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2010, 09:15:04 pm »

I really want to play this, but it lags so much. Maybe I'll try to update Java...

Won't fix the lag, unfortunately. It's entirely down to the developers' inadequate hosting, rather than the client itself (though that too is graphically laggy and inefficient).
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2010, 09:16:28 pm »

Won't fix the lag, unfortunately. It's entirely down to the developers' inadequate hosting, rather than the client itself (though that too is graphically laggy and inefficient).

I don't think that was it...it was SUPER SUPER unplayable. Clicking wouldn't even move me, it would just loop me moving to where I clicked again and again and again. Never stopped as long as I watched it...most of the buttons were not working either.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2010, 09:26:30 pm »

I've heard bad things about the community and how people get screwed over by random griefers. Does the new police force/towns fix that?

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2010, 09:55:25 pm »

Yea, tried playing yesterday and got hit by massive lag wave. They basically run the holy thing with a single connection on one of the dev's comp.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2010, 09:55:49 pm »

I've heard bad things about the community and how people get screwed over by random griefers. Does the new police force/towns fix that?
Edit: Oh Jesus Christ, wrong thread.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2010, 09:57:30 pm »

Not really. The danger of griefers are always there. Sure, you might have an admin ban him but I have never seen or been ressurected after being griefed via admin. I always had to wait and hope on the off-chance that I"d be found and revived by the people onboard, and I even got griefed by an admin once[He tried spawning fire on me, and when I put on a firesuit he just blew me up with a bomb. On the B12 server.]
1. This isn't SS13.
2. You should PM/Post in SS13 forum about that.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2010, 10:26:48 pm »

Not really. The danger of griefers are always there. Sure, you might have an admin ban him but I have never seen or been ressurected after being griefed via admin. I always had to wait and hope on the off-chance that I"d be found and revived by the people onboard, and I even got griefed by an admin once[He tried spawning fire on me, and when I put on a firesuit he just blew me up with a bomb. On the B12 server.]
1. This isn't SS13.
2. You should PM/Post in SS13 forum about that.
1.I realized that. Did you think I didn't? Sometimes when I'm tired I don't really read the thread title and I happened to think I was in the SS13 thread.
And
2. There isn't really a place for complaints on the SS13 forum, last time I checked.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2010, 10:41:59 pm »

If you trouble with really, really intense lag, or the lighting effects not working, you'll need to update your graphics drivers or w/e technobabble. I got walked through it by someone and it helped a ton.

The police towns don't help too much when it comes to thieves and griefers. They are a great punitive system, but a terrible preventative system, and once your stuff has been had, you are very unlikely to see it come back to you. The only real way to prevent theft is a carefully maintained wall.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2010, 11:08:29 pm »

Even with a wall, a experienced player can break through it in trivial time. Personally I think they should allow high stone walls, like, castle quality walls and require expensive, expensive catapults to break through them. Even then the catapult would have expensive ammo, and it would take a while to break it.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2010, 11:14:59 pm »

Palisade soak is either 30 or 45, but either way that requires a strength of 900 (if 45; 2025). Palisades are insanely easy to make compared to brick. If you triple layer your wall and do the occasional ram sweep, you will be fine.

But yah, ultra walls are a definite desire. Maybe after the mining changes.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

KoE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2010, 01:50:42 pm »

I believe palisade soak is 45 because I recall people griping about it requiring over 2000 STR to break. With the new wall updates, it's really just about patrolling for rams and making sure it doesn't rot.

Anyway, my absence for the past ~week is because of sudden computer death syndrome (so to speak), so I'm unable to play. Currently I'm still 'leading' Andoran (mostly in a sort of armchair quarterback sense). Not entirely sure how things are going to go from here, but we are having talks.

Evaristo Carriego

• Bay Watcher
  • Gelder
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2010, 04:38:28 pm »

I want to get back, but forgot my username. At least I do remember the e-mail related to it. Is there a way to get my account back?

Scratch that, I got my account back, but my characters are gone. I suppose there's been a reset or something. Is the Bottleneck Confederation still running? Could somebody make me a spot in their village / hamlet / settlement?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 12:01:15 pm by Evaristo Carriego »

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2010, 04:51:08 pm »

I got my account back, but my characters are gone. I suppose there's been a reset or something. Is the Bottleneck Confederation still running? Could somebody make me a spot in their village / hamlet / settlement?
Basically this. I played for a while last year, and have wanted to get back into the game, but memories have grinding have been putting me off. But I think I'll try to get back into it now.

Evaristo Carriego

• Bay Watcher
  • Gelder
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2010, 08:33:24 pm »

My player is still a hobo. Any place to stay would be great, I could pay back with baked goods and farm-related working.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5