Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: cancels surgery patient not resting  (Read 2263 times)

godoftheds

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
cancels surgery patient not resting
« on: June 26, 2010, 04:31:33 pm »

i keep getting this message and can't figure out why I have one dwarf who needs surgery he is on the table but my surgeon won't do it. Thoughts or is surgery still bugged?

Brandon816

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: cancels surgery patient not resting
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 07:31:09 pm »

I think if the table (for surgery) or traction bench (for traction) is more than one square away from the patient, they wind up getting rest turned off. I had the same problem you had and restructured my hospital so the above didn't happen, and the problem seemed to go away. As for the dwarf who had his surgery interrupted, if he doesn't go back to resting on a bed you might have to reinjure him.

huhu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: cancels surgery patient not resting
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 09:04:57 am »

This happens to me too in 31.12. A table and a traction bench both are next to the bed.

I was thinking maybe it had something to do with two things:
-The injured dwarf is the expedition leader, and there's an elf ambassador hanging around him. They try to start a meeting every now and then before he is dragged back to the hospital.
-The medical dwarf doesn't have any relevant skills, and maybe the surgery takes so long that the dwarf will always wake up long before it gets finished

The injuries are a broken upper left arm and a broken lower spine. Though, browsing the wiki just now revealed that I don't have any casts readied. Maybe it has something to do with that?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 10:43:36 am by huhu »