Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Caste Graphics  (Read 1382 times)

StephanReiken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Caste Graphics
« on: June 26, 2010, 08:25:20 pm »

There should be a topic for basic questions.

I can't seem to find any support on Caste-based graphics, to go into graphics based upon both Caste and Profession, does such exist or do I need to post in the suggestions forum?

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
Re: Caste Graphics
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 08:30:19 pm »

Nope. Doesn't exist, as far as I know.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=51961.msg1124894#msg1124894

It is sort of old though...

EDIT: I am becoming increasingly less confident in my answer, but I still believe no.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 08:33:35 pm by Patchouli »

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2010, 10:54:58 pm »

wasteland mod has cast specific sprites, Im dont know the specifics of how its done

KFK

• Bay Watcher
  • Keeper of the enchanting pixie dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 01:14:59 am »

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Sort of.

There is [CASTE_TILE:], but as far as I can tell that ONLY works on the ascii tile set (in data/art). Once you assign a spot on the graphics set (in raw/graphics), it'll use that one entry for all, regardless of caste tiles. So no elaborate sets where there are unique graphics for both genders of each individual labor type. All of your fish cleaners are going to look the same.

You CAN modify a tile set if there's a small number of special somethings you want having unique caste graphics. If  you absolutely must have cows and bulls with different graphics, you can set aside tiles 171 and 172. But you're going to run out of space if you try to do something too big. Also, remember to remove cows (or whatever) from the relevant graphics entries. You want them to use their default ascii tiles.