Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 104

Author Topic: SoundSense: a sound engine for dwarf fortress.  (Read 551886 times)

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
Re: SoundSense: a sound engine for dwarf fortress.
« Reply #1200 on: September 02, 2014, 01:28:46 am »

Also, I was mostly busy with some other Dwarf fortress related tool which will eat most of my free DF related time until it is ready to be released:

Oh my, that's glorious. Cannot wait!

It is up now!

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=143252.0

Borge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: September 02, 2014, 08:27:51 am »

Is there ANY possible way to disable sparring sound while keeping actual combat sound in?

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #1202 on: September 02, 2014, 08:48:37 am »

Is there ANY possible way to disable sparring sound while keeping actual combat sound in?

Sadly, no, not really. Sparring produces many undistinguishable messages - blocks, evades, charges. And game does not differentiate between them.

You can remove "taps lightly", which are rare in actual combat, but common in sparring.

Beowulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: September 06, 2014, 08:57:48 am »

Thanks to Simon Swerwer, we now have voiceovers for Adventurer / Fortress mode speech.

Hi zwei,

O_o where is it up for grabs? Only via update functionality currently?

Also for your Historian App, any chance of you supplying the apk somewhere else than on Google Play?
warf mode exists for giving you a break from and to supply sites and stuff for Adventure mode!

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #1204 on: September 07, 2014, 03:58:34 pm »

Thanks to Simon Swerwer, we now have voiceovers for Adventurer / Fortress mode speech.

Hi zwei,

O_o where is it up for grabs? Only via update functionality currently?

Also for your Historian App, any chance of you supplying the apk somewhere else than on Google Play?

I always release both files to autoupdate functionality as well as simple download of zip.

As for apk of Historian - I never considered putting it somewhere else than google play. Why does that not suit you?

Nopenope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: September 08, 2014, 08:36:44 am »

I for one dislike having to go through Google to download apps.

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #1206 on: September 08, 2014, 10:44:01 am »

I for one dislike having to go through Google to download apps.

I kind of gathered that already, but not reasons. Is Google new Microsoft?

Anyway, as with all apps, you can find it on scrapper sites, like this: http://www.appszoom.com/android-app/dwarf-fortress-historian-michm.html?ref=from-search-results

However, I have no idea how updating would work - it still shows first version, but two updates were already published.

Ostar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: September 09, 2014, 06:11:06 pm »

Excuse me if this has been answered before, but how can I turn off the default music for DF so only the Soundsense tracks play? Right now bnoth play at the same time, clashing with each other.

Nopenope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: September 11, 2014, 03:05:18 am »

In data/init/init.txt, change [SOUND:YES] to [SOUND:NO].

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #1209 on: September 15, 2014, 11:17:51 am »

New update for soundpack is up! Both via autoupdate and via full download

Five new songs by Simon Swerwer!

And small touchups.

Cheers!

In data/init/init.txt, change [SOUND:YES] to [SOUND:NO].

Or you can just delete files in music directory :-)

AquaMouser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: September 15, 2014, 11:42:44 am »

Got a queation about soundsense, why are my hunters shouting out ghost when they run out of bolts? and how can i stop them doing it? :D
It get's abit annoying whenever 3-4 hunters run out just after each other and soundsense tells me they are seeing ghosts, when there are no ghosts.

And the other thing i noticed, is that the play:4 Everything is alwas on, even when i select something else. I know i can turn off the music, but i rather not have it start in the first place.

If this has been asked in the last 60 pages, i am sorry for asking it again, but i rather play df then read every post :D

Thanks in advance.

Aqua

Poonyen

• Bay Watcher
  • Yarg!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube page
« Reply #1211 on: September 15, 2014, 11:59:37 am »

Got a queation about soundsense, why are my hunters shouting out ghost when they run out of bolts? and how can i stop them doing it? :D
It get's abit annoying whenever 3-4 hunters run out just after each other and soundsense tells me they are seeing ghosts, when there are no ghosts.

And the other thing i noticed, is that the play:4 Everything is alwas on, even when i select something else. I know i can turn off the music, but i rather not have it start in the first place.

If this has been asked in the last 60 pages, i am sorry for asking it again, but i rather play df then read every post :D

Thanks in advance.

Aqua

Sup, Aqua.

You can stop the "ost" shouts by deleting the Fear files in this folder:

\soundsense\packs\emotion\voices

P.S. He's (I'm) saying "ost!" and "curuk!" which means "terror!" and "fear!" in the game's Human language (kind of like the "common tongue", no? Hope I don't piss of the purists by saying that).

I'm hopeful that down the line zwei will be able to introduce the appropriate languages in Fortress Mode and adventure more, but it'll be a doozy it seems. He's only got the gamelog file to work with. I'm not much of a voice actor, I'm afraid, and I squirm a little when I send out hunters. The "ost" one I can do better, I think (and will, once I have some free time). But in adventure mode and for now, the voiceovers might be just a teensy bit useful if I may say so myself. I'm really hoping other folks volunteer their voices later on, though. *nudge, nudge*

P.P.S. In dwarven, it would be "nist!" and "angzak!" in a scruffier voice. :)
I like to make music especially for Dwarf Fortress and Soundsense in my spare time (https://www.youtube.com/simonswerwer, http://soundcloud.com/simonswerwer). Also check out Toadese Language Utility to read and write DF dwarven texts (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136098). Bang the tankards!

AquaMouser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: September 15, 2014, 10:07:20 pm »

Thanks for the reply Poonyen,

But i am still wondering why they are shouting that everytime they are done with making pincushions instead of when being in fear :D

Aqua

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #1213 on: September 16, 2014, 08:18:30 am »

Thanks for the reply Poonyen,

But i am still wondering why they are shouting that everytime they are done with making pincushions instead of when being in fear :D

Aqua

They fear consequences of their actions? I guess behavioral code handles "out of ammo, hostile incomming" as situation requiring bravery - and possibly resulting in fear if dwarves have low discipline.

I'm hopeful that down the line zwei will be able to introduce the appropriate languages in Fortress Mode and adventure more, but it'll be a doozy it seems. He's only got the gamelog file to work with. I'm not much of a voice actor, I'm afraid, and I squirm a little when I send out hunters. The "ost" one I can do better, I think (and will, once I have some free time). But in adventure mode and for now, the voiceovers might be just a teensy bit useful if I may say so myself. I'm really hoping other folks volunteer their voices later on, though. *nudge, nudge*

Yeah, sadly there is little available to distinguish speaker of line.

For example:

Code: [Select]
`Soldier' Urvadrakust, Elite Wrestler: Death...  This is truly horrifying.
Race does no figure at all in message.

You can guesstimate some things - he has player assigned nickname, so that can be sign of being dwarf, but only could.

You can use job titles that are race specific - but that works only for some (Wrestler is not, but Axedwarf is).

You could go by racial names/surnames - but that is messy (so many combinations) and not guaranteed at all (i.e. dwarf raised under goblin ocupation would have goblin name).

One could use dfhack to querry game for information required, but that would likely be framerate killer.

Speech is big project.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: September 17, 2014, 12:05:49 am »

I just found this complaint about the "soundsense.lua" script prematurely announcing ambushes as a vile force of darkness, and thought I'd repost it here.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 104