Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 104

Author Topic: SoundSense: a sound engine for dwarf fortress.  (Read 548005 times)

Strangething

• Bay Watcher
  • Slizardman
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: SoundSense: a sound engine for dwarf fortress.
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2010, 03:44:08 pm »

Oh, wow, text to speech. This I gotta try.

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2010, 05:24:57 pm »

I am good at making some sounds. PM me if you ever need some assistance with ANYTHING!  ;D
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Jake_Loustone

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2010, 06:58:20 pm »

If somebody could make a pack of all of the good sounds that would be great!

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2010, 01:39:58 pm »

I am good at making some sounds. PM me if you ever need some assistance with ANYTHING!  ;D

Great!

There are currently many areas that could use sounds or some more alternate sounds:

1) Trading (caravan arrivals, diplomant/liaison arrivals, departure warning, etc ...)
2) Migrant arrivals/lack of migrant arrivals.
3) Mining (vein/cluster discovery, damn/warm cancelations)
4) Manager (manager task complete, tasks incomplete because of missing reagent)
5) Construction (suspended construction, cave-ins)

etc ... basically, lot of stuff that needs to be done. I don't even know where to beign.

Strangething

• Bay Watcher
  • Slizardman
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2010, 06:25:03 pm »

I just realized that the messages for the seasons changing are different in 2010. It's now a boring "X has arrived on the calendar."

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2010, 11:52:32 pm »

I can't get this thing to work for the life of me. =/

I placed it in the main directory in it's own folder, but nothing happens, even if I click the .cmd file. =/
Lisidadil - A story of one of my first forts.

The continual tale of survival in a harsh land of hate, Fun, betrayal, love, and maybe a random elf or two... If we're unlucky.

Dae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2010, 08:50:45 am »

I just realized that the messages for the seasons changing are different in 2010. It's now a boring "X has arrived on the calendar."

No, it has been in the game for some time. It's used for telling you that a season has officially begun, even though it makes no difference where you are.
I think it happens in glacial maps and sand deserts, but I've never had this one myself.

NieXS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • NieXS' Domain
« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2010, 11:41:34 am »

No, it has been in the game for some time. It's used for telling you that a season has officially begun, even though it makes no difference where you are.
I think it happens in glacial maps and sand deserts, but I've never had this one myself.
It happens wherever it's dry enough for it not to make a difference. There's also the "the wet/dry season has come." on tropical climates.

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2010, 12:16:02 pm »

I did some more sounds:

http://df.zweistein.cz/soundsense/production.zip which contains sounds for canceled tasks, masterpieces and manager.
http://df.zweistein.cz/soundsense/trading.zip with caravan arrival and related sounds.

added some tidbits to moods and intruders.

I can't get this thing to work for the life of me. =/

I placed it in the main directory in it's own folder, but nothing happens, even if I click the .cmd file. =/

Define "nothing happens" :). Try opening commandline and running cmd there. Does it have some interesting output?

I'll take wild shot and say you might not have java runtime installed.

It happens wherever it's dry enough for it not to make a difference. There's also the "the wet/dry season has come." on tropical climates.

You actually get both messages, this is how my log looks right now:

The dry season has come.
Autumn has arrived on the calendar.

and then at spring:

The wet season has arrived!
Spring has arrived on the calendar.

Game handles both "callendar" seasons and "real" seasons. (i wonder if polar embark would claim "Polar day season has come." and "Polar night season has come.").

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2010, 06:06:38 pm »

Do we have any Ambient sounds? Such as randomly picked wildlife sounds?

Any Vocal Sounds needed? Perhaps anything you need me to make it sound more of a darker Voice? I am good at making a Deep Dwarfish voice.
Story of my life.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 03, 2010, 06:36:06 pm »

This seems like a really cool idea. I'll be using it to aid in running forts in the background and just generally for the added atmosphere.

It would be neat to have a voice over like the one in Dungeon Keeper while playing a goblin mod. "Your dungeon is not big enough".
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Harmonica

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 03, 2010, 06:48:46 pm »

Yeah.. I was about to say, having a Dungeon Keeper style narrator voice for DF would be hilarious. "You need to build a cage, for your kittens." "Your dwarves are sober, there is not any alcohol." "DWARVES ARE DRINKING FROM THE WELL." "It has started raining." "The lord of the land approaches."

"Some of your dwarves' remains are being scavenged."
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 06:55:48 pm by Harmonica »

WormSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WormSlayer.com
« Reply #59 on: July 03, 2010, 08:32:19 pm »

The Dungeon Keeper narrator was fucking ace :D

So many little Easter-eggs too!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 104