Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 104

Author Topic: SoundSense: a sound engine for dwarf fortress.  (Read 552018 times)

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
Re: SoundSense: a sound engine for dwarf fortress.
« Reply #1125 on: April 10, 2014, 03:07:08 am »

Is it possible to disable some Soundsense announcements? I hate when it tells when an ambush party has arrived to map (it shows message "A vile force of darkness has arrived!), kind of spoils the fun. If there is a way to disable that particular announcement, I would be grateful.

You can disable group of anouncements in Sounds tab, but you will get rid of all of them that way.

You can also delete that particular anouncement from xml konfiguration.

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #1126 on: April 22, 2014, 09:09:05 am »

Code: [Select]
Exception in thread "main" java.awt.HeadlessException
at java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment.checkHeadless(GraphicsEnvironment.java:207)
at java.awt.Window.<init>(Window.java:535)
at java.awt.Frame.<init>(Frame.java:420)
at javax.swing.JFrame.<init>(JFrame.java:218)
at cz.zweistein.df.soundsense.gui.Gui.createAndShowGUI(Unknown Source)
at cz.zweistein.df.soundsense.gui.Gui.newGui(Unknown Source)
at cz.zweistein.df.soundsense.SoundSense.main(Unknown Source)
22/04/2014 03:04:18.288: *** STARTING NEW GAME ***
Exception in thread "ChannelmusicThread" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no pulse-java in java.library.path
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1886)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:849)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1088)
at org.classpath.icedtea.pulseaudio.SecurityWrapper.loadNativeLibrary(SecurityWrapper.java:27)
at org.classpath.icedtea.pulseaudio.EventLoop.<clinit>(EventLoop.java:97)
at org.classpath.icedtea.pulseaudio.PulseAudioMixer.openImpl(PulseAudioMixer.java:654)
at org.classpath.icedtea.pulseaudio.PulseAudioMixer.openLocal(PulseAudioMixer.java:588)
at org.classpath.icedtea.pulseaudio.PulseAudioMixer.openLocal(PulseAudioMixer.java:584)
at org.classpath.icedtea.pulseaudio.PulseAudioMixer.open(PulseAudioMixer.java:579)
at org.classpath.icedtea.pulseaudio.PulseAudioDataLine.open(PulseAudioDataLine.java:94)
at org.classpath.icedtea.pulseaudio.PulseAudioSourceDataLine.open(PulseAudioSourceDataLine.java:75)
at org.classpath.icedtea.pulseaudio.PulseAudioSourceDataLine.open(PulseAudioSourceDataLine.java:90)
at cz.zweistein.df.soundsense.output.sound.player.SPIPlayer.getLine(Unknown Source)
at cz.zweistein.df.soundsense.output.sound.player.SPIPlayer.rawPlay(Unknown Source)
at cz.zweistein.df.soundsense.output.sound.player.SPIPlayer.play(Unknown Source)
at cz.zweistein.df.soundsense.output.sound.player.ChannelThread.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)

From the terminal window. I'm on 64-bit Lubuntu 14.04 if that helps any.
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

Morcaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: April 23, 2014, 10:46:19 pm »

Not sure how to get this to work, and the volume control is very confusing. Downloaded Masterwork and did the auto update but nothing plays. Not exactly sure what java to get to, as the main site wants me to download http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html
So not sure what do do from here.
Also the Command prompt gives me a lot of "Did not finds .\packs\system\(Whatever)"
Ignoring Mp3s
And a lot of Java stuff and (Unknown sources)

I can't do this on own as well as the link in the read me takes me to "This webpage is not available" And the main site is very bland and non-direct to the point where I can't even understand it.
please help, I'd love to use Sound Sense.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 10:57:01 pm by Morcaster »

PintOfBass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: April 24, 2014, 09:38:43 am »

Hello Good People,

I am having an odd issue with sounsense.  I have been playing DF for the past few days with sound sense and the lazy newb pack as the launcher.  I saved a game, closed DF and the utilities, ate lunch (Ibex brain and goose tallow roast), went to run DF + utilities to continue and sound sense simply does not launch.  As far as I can tell I didn't change anything in the 20 minutes between play sessions.  DF opens, the other lazy newb pack utilities I am using launch, but just sound sense seems to of fell off the minecart.

Suggestions on where to start troubleshooting would be helpful, running the program independently yields a quick pop window that immediately closes and then nothing. 

PoB

Morcaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: April 24, 2014, 10:34:51 pm »

@PintOfBass

Make sure you copy your saves and make a fresh install.
Try running Sound Sense though the main folders of the game instead of running from LaZy's Launcher.

I'm going to be posting clear directions on how to install sound sense here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=138095.0

I'am not sure if this will fix your issue.

PintOfBass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: April 25, 2014, 08:26:25 am »

@Morcaster

Thank you for the reply.  I ended up doing pretty much what you suggested.  The fresh install works like before, am using the PeridexisErrant version of lazy newb pack for clarity.  Still odd that a program that works for a week should just up and break with out any changes to anything on the system.  If it happens again I think I will try and get a screen capture of the text box that pops up for a second when the program tries to launch, perhaps that might be useful for the devs.

rmblr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: April 26, 2014, 11:41:41 am »

Version 43 isn't on the website.. is it not supposed to be used?

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: June 02, 2014, 11:29:09 am »

Im having an annoying bug that involves the console. It doesnt bother me now but it may later, if I ever have to post a log for anything.

It is, absolutely, Absolutely, ABSOL-UTELY(pun intended) SPAMMING me with "BooleanControl.Type.MUTE is not supported by the audio system" messages. This spam is on a rate of 1GHz - meaning I get 1 message every MICROSECOND.

I am using Zorin - which is a linux distro based on Ubuntu.

If this problem persists to a release where logs are written to a file, PLEASE - FOR THE LOVE OF GOD - add an option to disable it.
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #1133 on: June 03, 2014, 05:55:40 am »

Im having an annoying bug that involves the console. It doesnt bother me now but it may later, if I ever have to post a log for anything.

It is, absolutely, Absolutely, ABSOL-UTELY(pun intended) SPAMMING me with "BooleanControl.Type.MUTE is not supported by the audio system" messages. This spam is on a rate of 1GHz - meaning I get 1 message every MICROSECOND.

If this problem persists to a release where logs are written to a file, PLEASE - FOR THE LOVE OF GOD - add an option to disable it.

Wow, that *must* be really annoying.

Will be fixed in next version.

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: June 03, 2014, 11:19:04 am »

Wow, that *must* be really annoying.

Will be fixed in next version.
I forgot to mention, by the way, that it stops after a certain thing - I dont know when exactly this happens, but it seems to be related to the amount of SFX played since starting. Everytime I notice that it has stopped, I see around 15 SFX in the list that have finished playing a while ago. At this point it also stops playing music and sound in general. So it might be because the SFX-playing-at-any-moment cap(if there is one) is exceed, and thus stops playing any sound, and stops playing any music and also stops spamming "mute not supported".
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

Marc Remillard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: June 12, 2014, 04:13:37 am »

https://github.com/calmhorizons/soundsense

Small fork of the SoundSense code if anyone is interested. I hope that is OK Petr. If not let me know and I'll pull it down - its basically some customisations of my own:

* Autoupdate code is gone
* Uses the Nimbus LnF
* Minimises to the system tray
* No console necessary

Marc Remillard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: June 12, 2014, 04:18:49 am »

I get the same on Mint. I've forked SS and have tweaked the logging a bit, so it doesn't happen. With the original code, you could look at tweaking the logging.properties and setting the appropriate level (though from mem its tough to know what the logger is, and what the level is, from the output).

Something very roughly along the long of .level=WARN will strip out anything under 'warning' level perhaps. That logging is expensive, and there's a lot of spots in the codebase where trace/fine/finest logging messages should be guarded against, and a parametrized logger used (as in my fork).

Marc Remillard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: June 12, 2014, 04:22:51 am »

Code: [Select]
Exception in thread "main" java.awt.HeadlessException
at java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment.checkHeadless(GraphicsEnvironment.java:207)
at java.awt.Window.<init>(Window.java:535)
at java.awt.Frame.<init>(Frame.java:420)
at javax.swing.JFrame.<init>(JFrame.java:218)
at cz.zweistein.df.soundsense.gui.Gui.createAndShowGUI(Unknown Source)
at cz.zweistein.df.soundsense.gui.Gui.newGui(Unknown Source)
at cz.zweistein.df.soundsense.SoundSense.main(Unknown Source)
22/04/2014 03:04:18.288: *** STARTING NEW GAME ***
Exception in thread "ChannelmusicThread" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no pulse-java in java.library.path
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1886)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:849)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1088)
at org.classpath.icedtea.pulseaudio.SecurityWrapper.loadNativeLibrary(SecurityWrapper.java:27)
at org.classpath.icedtea.pulseaudio.EventLoop.<clinit>(EventLoop.java:97)
at org.classpath.icedtea.pulseaudio.PulseAudioMixer.openImpl(PulseAudioMixer.java:654)
at org.classpath.icedtea.pulseaudio.PulseAudioMixer.openLocal(PulseAudioMixer.java:588)
at org.classpath.icedtea.pulseaudio.PulseAudioMixer.openLocal(PulseAudioMixer.java:584)
at org.classpath.icedtea.pulseaudio.PulseAudioMixer.open(PulseAudioMixer.java:579)
at org.classpath.icedtea.pulseaudio.PulseAudioDataLine.open(PulseAudioDataLine.java:94)
at org.classpath.icedtea.pulseaudio.PulseAudioSourceDataLine.open(PulseAudioSourceDataLine.java:75)
at org.classpath.icedtea.pulseaudio.PulseAudioSourceDataLine.open(PulseAudioSourceDataLine.java:90)
at cz.zweistein.df.soundsense.output.sound.player.SPIPlayer.getLine(Unknown Source)
at cz.zweistein.df.soundsense.output.sound.player.SPIPlayer.rawPlay(Unknown Source)
at cz.zweistein.df.soundsense.output.sound.player.SPIPlayer.play(Unknown Source)
at cz.zweistein.df.soundsense.output.sound.player.ChannelThread.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)

From the terminal window. I'm on 64-bit Lubuntu 14.04 if that helps any.

$ sudo apt-get install pulseaudio

Do the trick?

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #1138 on: June 13, 2014, 04:50:19 am »

https://github.com/calmhorizons/soundsense

Small fork of the SoundSense code if anyone is interested. I hope that is OK Petr. If not let me know and I'll pull it down - its basically some customisations of my own:

* Autoupdate code is gone
* Uses the Nimbus LnF
* Minimises to the system tray
* No console necessary

OK from me, thou I will reseve right to backport some enhancements.

falcn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: June 13, 2014, 05:45:44 am »

I'm using SoundSense as a part of a MacNewbie Launcher on OS X 10.9.3, and having two issues:

Autoupdater is unable to save files with names containing spaces. Here is the list
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Downloading the pack manually fixes the problem, so SoundSense can open the file with spaces in the name, but can't save it. Should be easy to fix.

soundSense.sh has windows line endings, which results in this:
-bash: ./soundSense.sh: /bin/sh^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory
I know how to deal with it, but it should be fixed in the next release IMO
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 06:29:08 am by falcn »
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 104