Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 104

Author Topic: SoundSense: a sound engine for dwarf fortress.  (Read 550767 times)

alexchandel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SoundSense: a sound engine for dwarf fortress.
« Reply #1455 on: May 15, 2017, 10:14:28 pm »

The `soundSense.sh` file needs to be converted to LF (Unix) line endings. A CRLF script will always fail to run on OSX/macOS, whereas an LF script will always work on Linux and macOS.

Also for those on OSX/macOS, if you have any other application that comes with java, like Minecraft or Mathematica, then you don't need to install java. Just create a symlink to that program's `java` executable in `/usr/local/bin`, or else change the sh file to directly invoke the application's `/Applications/Foo.app/Contents/Resources/runtime/java/whatever-foo-bar/bin/java` rather than just calling `java`.

CyberianK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: June 04, 2017, 02:56:31 pm »

I love soundsense but one thing that would make it perfect is if I would be able to deactivate that FLUTE error sound when a job gets cancelled

because that happens like every second with more dwarfs
I somehow am not able to find and deactivate it

Moonshine Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: June 05, 2017, 12:25:23 am »

I love soundsense but one thing that would make it perfect is if I would be able to deactivate that FLUTE error sound when a job gets cancelled

because that happens like every second with more dwarfs
I somehow am not able to find and deactivate it

You could go into the soundSense folder, find the packs folder and go to "default" and delete the "85791__sandyrb__NATIVE_FLUTE_FIGURE_02.wav" sound, or rename it. It's used by a LOT of situations that doesn't have a specific sound, so it's easier this way than to edit it out of a config.xml. Otherwise I recommend just editing the XML files for the particular sound, but since this is a "default" sound, that's not doable.

CyberianK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: June 05, 2017, 04:03:57 am »

just deleting the file worked THANKS

improved my Dwarf Fortress experience massively
I have undead in my fort and the job cancellation error sounds were faster than a machinegun

EDIT: rerplaced it with silent.wav https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/silent-wav-file.500379/ instead to get rid of error in log when he does not find it
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 04:40:51 am by CyberianK »

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: June 05, 2017, 10:16:57 pm »

Otherwise I recommend just editing the XML files for the particular sound, but since this is a "default" sound, that's not doable.
You can. The default is <sound logPattern="(.+): (.+)"> in sample.xml.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 10:18:57 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

ninjajack2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: June 15, 2017, 01:45:09 pm »

Anyone here know if there is any work on packs for this program? id like more things to listen and at times i just turn it off to listen to soundtracks i have installed...was wondering since it kinda gets stale at times

burchalka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: July 22, 2017, 07:26:30 am »

Anyone here know if there is any work on packs for this program? id like more things to listen and at times i just turn it off to listen to soundtracks i have installed...was wondering since it kinda gets stale at times
I actually listen to Simon Swerwer's DF music right now while doing a programming assignment...

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: August 14, 2017, 12:28:30 pm »

i even listen to the music while playign minecraft :D
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Nefarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: September 10, 2017, 12:51:06 pm »

Hey, new to dwarf fortress and the damn sparring sounds are driving me insane. Is there a way to remove them?

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: September 10, 2017, 01:36:01 pm »

i once knew how to... you can disable their entry somewhere, but i forgot how.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: September 14, 2017, 01:16:01 am »

Quote from: packs/battle/hitevents.xml
<sound logPattern="(.+), lightly tapping the target!" haltOnMatch="false" concurency="4" timeout="500" playbackThreshhold="4">
   <soundFile fileName="hit/strike/strike1.mp3" />
   <soundFile fileName="hit/strike/strike2.mp3" />
   <soundFile fileName="hit/strike/strike3.mp3" />
</sound>
Find these lines and remove the ones in the middle. Not sure if this is sufficient to stop all sparring sounds.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
  • Cease hostilities? Never!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: November 25, 2017, 03:12:26 pm »

Is it possible to add music to the files in which the other songs are at? Such as adding more music to the seasons?
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #1467 on: November 27, 2017, 03:12:15 am »

getting a different error. it goes as follows: "An error has occured while processing the shared archive file.
Unable to unmap shared space.
Error occurred during initialization of VM
unable to use shared archive
i was able to run it once, then next time this error popped up for a split second. i then deleted it and reinstalled the soundsense files. again, worked once then the exact same message occurred

Ill check it out.

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #1468 on: November 27, 2017, 03:13:03 am »

Quote from: packs/battle/hitevents.xml
<sound logPattern="(.+), lightly tapping the target!" haltOnMatch="false" concurency="4" timeout="500" playbackThreshhold="4">
   <soundFile fileName="hit/strike/strike1.mp3" />
   <soundFile fileName="hit/strike/strike2.mp3" />
   <soundFile fileName="hit/strike/strike3.mp3" />
</sound>
Find these lines and remove the ones in the middle. Not sure if this is sufficient to stop all sparring sounds.

You can also disable then is seccond tab without having to edit xml files.

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #1469 on: November 27, 2017, 03:15:14 am »

All right, new DF is out.

If you have log files from playthroughts in new version, they would be extremelly usefull now - Once I have enough I will go ahead and update soundpack and take a quick look at application too.
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 104