Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 104

Author Topic: SoundSense: a sound engine for dwarf fortress.  (Read 548068 times)

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
  • Cease hostilities? Never!
    • View Profile
Re: SoundSense: a sound engine for dwarf fortress.
« Reply #1470 on: November 28, 2017, 10:37:00 pm »

Is it possible to add music to the files in which the other songs are at? Such as adding more music to the seasons?

Well even tho this question was ingored, I did find an answer and it is possible.
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: November 29, 2017, 07:38:38 am »

Is it possible to add music to the files in which the other songs are at? Such as adding more music to the seasons?

Well even tho this question was ingored, I did find an answer and it is possible.
And you choose not to share it with anyone? Perhaps you were "ignored" because not many people know and we were all waiting for a reply along with you. Oh well...

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: November 29, 2017, 01:08:46 pm »

And you choose not to share it with anyone? Perhaps you were "ignored" because not many people know and we were all waiting for a reply along with you. Oh well...

Oh.. lol, Well, basically its somewhat easy to explain but I suck at explaining but i'll give it my best shot..

The Folder in which the DF PyLNP pack is in, go to the LNP -> utilities -> Soundsense -> Packs ->seasons.

Then from there you can either make a new folder of your own or use an existing folder within the files, as for me I made an "extras" folder which I added my Final Fantasy music in, add your .mp3 files into the folder, and then from there within the seasons folder, there should be a "seasons.xml" file, open that with Notepad++ (idk if normal notepad words on this), scroll down to 1 of the 4 seasons that use the filenames for music (not the top part where it just plays the girl saying "it is now summer" ect.). You will see files coded like this:

<soundFile fileName="simonswerwer/theelvesofthecoast.mp3" />

Basiclly Copy that line of text, then go down where you see a space and double space that to make a new line of entries (which I don't think it matters), paste it there, then, whichever you named your folder or whichever folder you put the music in, change the first part of which folder its in, then the 2nd part after the / the name of the .mp3 (make sure its exact file name)
Example:

<soundFile fileName="(Foldername)/(FileName).mp3" />

So it should look like this:

<soundFile fileName="extras/Rabanastre.mp3" />

And then the file should look something similar to this...

<sound logPattern="(It is now summer\.)|(Summer has arrived on the calendar\.)" loop="start" channel="music" playbackThreshhold="0">

<soundFile fileName="summer/Chase.mp3" />
      <soundFile fileName="summer/Heroic Age.mp3" />
      <soundFile fileName="summer/Expeditionary.mp3" />
      <soundFile fileName="summer/Double Drift.mp3" />
      <soundFile fileName="summer/Confused State.mp3" />

<soundFile fileName="simonswerwer/theelvesofthecoast.mp3" />
      <soundFile fileName="simonswerwer/Simon Swerwer-ZTIQ.mp3" />
      <soundFile fileName="simonswerwer/Simon Swerwer - Decapitated Camels.mp3" />
      <soundFile fileName="simonswerwer/Simon Swerwer - Dagger Dance.mp3" />
      <soundFile fileName="simonswerwer/Simon Swerwer - The King Is Dead.mp3" />
      <soundFile fileName="simonswerwer/simon-swerwer_danger-room.mp3" />

<soundFile fileName="extras/Rabanastre.mp3" />
      <soundFile fileName="extras/Phon_Coast.mp3" />
      <soundFile fileName="extras/Gerudo_Valley.mp3" />
      <soundFile fileName="extras/Westersand.mp3" />

<soundFile fileName="384438_One_Eternal_Dream.mp3" />
      <soundFile fileName="[tindeck.com] - rdriftwood - Hey Di Lee Hi.mp3" weight="25" />

<soundFile fileName="alexandrzhelanov/Campaign_0.mp3">
         <attribution author="Alexandr Zhelanov" url="http://opengameart.org/users/alexandr-zhelanov" license="CC BY 3.0" description="Campaign 0" />
      </soundFile>

<soundFile fileName="Musopen.Com  Arvo Part-Magnificat.mp3" weight="5" />

<soundFile fileName="10s_silence.mp3" weight="200" />
   </sound>

I just added the spacing between the sets incase It might mess up some coding, but it seems to be working decently, altho with all of the songs still on their, it was kinda hard to test due to it took forever to play a song when I was checking to see if it would, then when it came spring time again for the 3rd time.. it finally showed up.

I am tempted to make a Final Fantasy or Zelda soundsense pack tbh lol
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

oasis789

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: December 01, 2017, 01:08:16 am »

Do music files play in the order listed above or is it at random?

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: December 01, 2017, 11:13:35 pm »

Do music files play in the order listed above or is it at random?

From what I am noticing, it is random.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: April 12, 2018, 08:45:57 am »

can you give install instructions for linux, please?
Pvt. Pirate is a dabbling Linux User.
solved it - i forgot to install java.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 04:21:25 pm by Pvt. Pirate »
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

djsys

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: April 12, 2018, 01:48:13 pm »

You can find cool sound effects here https://www.lucidsamples.com/free-sample-packs/181-free-sound-effects-sfx-pack.html , i think this can help!

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: May 18, 2018, 05:26:54 pm »

for some unknown reason soundsense stops working after ~10 minutes. it doesnt crash, it just goes silent.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: May 18, 2018, 09:00:40 pm »

I have no idea what's wrong, but for troubleshooting purposes, you might pause the game as soon as you notice it next time. Then open your gamelog.txt file in your Dwarf Fortress folder. Maybe you could copy-paste the last 50 lines or so or the whole thing. I'm wondering if some event is spamming the text file or some event is confusing it. 

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: May 19, 2018, 07:59:25 am »

I have no idea what's wrong, but for troubleshooting purposes, you might pause the game as soon as you notice it next time. Then open your gamelog.txt file in your Dwarf Fortress folder. Maybe you could copy-paste the last 50 lines or so or the whole thing. I'm wondering if some event is spamming the text file or some event is confusing it.
i know that there's a lot of job cancellation going on.
also it writes some error in the console about ss_fix.log not being found.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: May 20, 2018, 12:55:57 am »

The ss_fix.log is an optional thing in case you want SoundSensese to play sounds based on events provided by a third-party utility.

I'm wondering if disabling the notification sound for the job cancellation would help.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: May 20, 2018, 06:41:22 am »

well, it got lots of job cancelations and fighting sounds.
disabling the cancelation sounds did not disable them...

KoopaMan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: June 10, 2018, 01:33:40 pm »

Hello, I'm having a problem with soundsense. When I try to run it, the command prompt appears for a split second then closes. I tried installing the newest version of java,but still nothing. please help.

Moonshine Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: June 10, 2018, 02:54:27 pm »

You can reduce the Play level from 4 to 3. That'll disable cancellations and sparring sounds. You can do this without editing any config files. Just do it in the main window.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: June 11, 2018, 05:54:49 am »

You can reduce the Play level from 4 to 3. That'll disable cancellations and sparring sounds. You can do this without editing any config files. Just do it in the main window.
oh. will do so.
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 104