Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104

Author Topic: SoundSense: a sound engine for dwarf fortress.  (Read 548035 times)

DanielCoffey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SoundSense: a sound engine for dwarf fortress.
« Reply #1515 on: November 15, 2022, 02:08:47 pm »

I have a bug report for you. A spelling mistake in a block of the achievements. Occurs four times.

"worshop" should be "workshop"

Code: [Select]
<achievementPattern logPattern="(.+) has been completed\.">
    <achievement title="Boss" description="Make 5 worshop orders." triggerAmount="5" />
    <achievement title="Micromanging" description="Make 25 worshop orders." triggerAmount="25" />
    <achievement title="Pointy Haired" description="Make 125 worshop orders." triggerAmount="125" />
    <achievement title="Centralized Economy" description="Make 625 worshop orders." triggerAmount="625" />
</achievementPattern>
Caselabs S8 : Intel i5-12600K / 64Gb DDR4 3600 / Asus 1080 Ti / Samsung 980PRO 1Tb / Dell U2715H 27" 2560x1440 / Corsair AX1200i / APC SMT1500I / Windows 11

Caselabs X2M NAS 24Tb : Intel i3-8300 / 32Gb DDR4 3000 / ASUS ROG Strix H370-I / 4x WD Red 8Tb, Samsung 960PRO 1Tb / Corsair AX860i / APC SMT1000I / unRAID Plus 6.11.5

Baleur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: December 07, 2022, 02:30:31 am »

Is it at all possible to make this work with the Steam release?
I tried redirecting my Soundsense config to read the steam release's game log, but didnt seem to get any sound effects triggering.
Did get the music though.

BoogieMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: December 07, 2022, 02:22:34 pm »

I tried redirecting my Soundsense config to read the steam release's game log, but didnt seem to get any sound effects triggering.

Very much this. I really miss being able to use this.

The game is not what it used to be without SoundSense.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ BoogieMan, Forumscrub cancels tantrum: Seeking Dr. Pepper

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: December 07, 2022, 02:52:17 pm »

Does the gamelog you pointed to contain any messages?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: December 07, 2022, 06:18:03 pm »

gamelog.txt no longer seems to contain anything useful. Soundsense is probably dead forever baring DFHackery

Premium seems a little more like a downgrade every time I try to do anything.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: December 07, 2022, 06:46:17 pm »

Are you sure the messages you're looking for aren't ones that DFHack's modtools/extra-gamelog.lua adds? https://github.com/DFHack/scripts/blob/master/modtools/extra-gamelog.lua

My vanilla gamelog from 0.47.05 appears similarly sparse, but that could just be from limited playtime. (I see some sparring reports, but that's about it.)

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: December 08, 2022, 12:28:25 am »

No. gamelog.txt contains only messages marking when worldgen starts, when a fortress is started, and when a save is loaded. There are no messages for in-game events at all.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Hero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: December 11, 2022, 09:00:14 pm »

Would it be possible to reimplement Soundsense using the same mechanism as Audible Alerts on Steam? https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2898589374&searchtext= That's currently the second-to-top mod for DF on Steam Workshop and appears to have largely the same capabilities as Soundsense does on Classic.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: December 11, 2022, 10:42:03 pm »

It is not currently possible to add new music/sounds to the game, you have to use the ones that already exist. Once that is doable, it should be possible to reimplement soundsense as a mod.

Devstorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: February 15, 2023, 09:37:50 am »

I do find that I miss SoundSense most of all, in playing the Steam version. More even than Dwarf Therapist or DFHack, which I don't use (yet).

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: February 18, 2023, 12:20:56 am »

I do find that I miss SoundSense most of all, in playing the Steam version. More even than Dwarf Therapist or DFHack, which I don't use (yet).
A few people have adjusted the DFHack "devel/annc-monitor" script to log to a file, e.g. gamelog.txt, and I believe that allows SoundSense to work. I'm working on making it a proper option in the script, but here's a simple modification you can make to hack/scripts/devel/annc-monitor.lua in the meantime:
--- a/devel/annc-monitor.lua
+++ b/devel/annc-monitor.lua
@@ -34,6 +34,10 @@ function log(s, color)
     dfhack.color(color)
     print(dfhack.df2console(s))
     dfhack.color(COLOR_RESET)
+
+    local logfile = io.open('gamelog.txt', 'a')
+    logfile:write(dfhack.df2utf(s) .. '\n')
+    logfile:close()
 end

If you're unfamiliar with the patch syntax, it just means to add these three lines at the end of the log() function, before the "end" on line 37:
    local logfile = io.open('gamelog.txt', 'a')
    logfile:write(dfhack.df2utf(s) .. '\n')
    logfile:close()

Nihilich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: March 06, 2023, 08:32:31 pm »

It is not currently possible to add new music/sounds to the game, you have to use the ones that already exist. Once that is doable, it should be possible to reimplement soundsense as a mod.

What about DF's structure makes this not currently possible?

Thanks

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: March 09, 2023, 02:07:42 pm »

Thanks

The dwarf filling in when the game opens is it loading sound/music files. It only loads those files, and no other sound files.

I have changed this in the SDL2 version, and as of that version, you can add new sound/music files.

Nihilich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: March 10, 2023, 03:27:46 pm »

Thanks

The dwarf filling in when the game opens is it loading sound/music files. It only loads those files, and no other sound files.

I have changed this in the SDL2 version, and as of that version, you can add new sound/music files.

Thanks putnam. You're a G. proud to have you represent our community

Clatch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: June 03, 2023, 11:21:52 am »

If you're unfamiliar with the patch syntax, it just means to add these three lines at the end of the log() function, before the "end" on line 37:
    local logfile = io.open('gamelog.txt', 'a')
    logfile:write(dfhack.df2utf(s) .. '\n')
    logfile:close()

WOW! It works! Thank you!
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104