Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Strangest carving/engraving  (Read 3353 times)

leftycook

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Strangest carving/engraving
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2010, 02:17:16 am »

:P

Fluffy Wambler

• Bay Watcher
  • feep feep feep
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2010, 03:06:01 am »

...but I really find myself hoping it's something ludicrous, like a legendary named wambler.

Feep? Feep feep feep feep, feep!

Zauren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2010, 08:02:26 am »

All my engravings are of my crying Militia Commander because I have had to remove them from the spot a few times to deal with Military bugs.

'The militia commander is surrounded by the dwarves. He is making a plaintive gesture. The dwarves are laughing.'

Lemunde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2010, 08:52:53 am »

For some reason my latest engraver has had a fascination with the history of humans taming leopards.   ???

Snook

• Bay Watcher
  • Sultan of Swing
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2010, 12:30:59 pm »

I got a lot of carvings of humans taming great eagles. And some human named Tun. Seems he's a legend. For taming eagles and shit.
Hello my name is Kristoffer Jørgensen and I am from Norweigen
I come to see hot USA girls and history landmarks!!

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2010, 12:37:38 pm »

Apparently a certain human named Kisho Ownverses tamed a bunch of giant eagles in 682. . My world must be excessively dull since it's the only thing that my crafter/mason/engravers/artifacts ever talk about.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 01:31:52 pm by Mysteriousbluepuppet »

scira

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2010, 01:16:37 pm »

First off I have to ask what a plaintive gesture really is, I thought it was the dwarves way of giving the finger, but apparently plaintive means grieving.

I haven't really gotten anything too weird, some stuff about dragons in fetal positions when I killed one with only wrestlers of various skills(losing about 7 in the process).
And not really weird, but kinda awesome was a multiple self referencing adamantine statue I exploited to make that was worth almost 3,600,000 which brought my forts total value up to 3,640,000. it was apparently so awesome that every other fort I made before that world bugged out had at least one engraving of it or its creation.

aurixdarastrix

• Bay Watcher
  • Nothing to see here, move along
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2010, 02:11:20 pm »

Not my engraving, only heard of it secondhand so it might be a fabrication, but still...

"On the item is an image of an elf and a tentacle demon.  The elf is committing a depraved act upon the tentacle demon." 
[INTERMITTENTLY_ACTIVE]
Pages: 1 [2]