Poll

Do you care if this dies?

No.
Nope.
Not at all.
Of course not.
Yes.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Freelance RTD - Turn 5 Happy New Year!  (Read 11729 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Freelance RTD - Now in sign-ups!
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2010, 05:49:22 pm »

Which country will you travel to, Cordova or Astura? (Why else would I take all that time to make the two?)

Astrua!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Freelance RTD - Work in Progress. DO NOT POST!
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2010, 06:04:32 pm »

in, writing char
char done

First Name: Tiel
Last Name: Bowyer
Nickname: Loyal Wolf
Starting Country: Astrua

Agility:3
Endurance:2
Inteligence:3
Chivalry:2

Equipment: Starting weapon Axe, + teh free dagger i believe, + free lance
Purchase: Nurmal Surcoat, sell terible surcoat (cost 9), sell Round Shield, Buy Kite Shield
Remaining Money: 1 Taler
Languages: 4 to Astruan, 2 to Cordovan

Spoiler: Coat of arms (click to show/hide)

Background; Born to a bowyer,Tiel distinguished himself time and again with his cunning and loyalty, this was proved time and again when it would have been much easier to just turn a blind eye and let something happen. However he was later accused of turning a blind eye to a tax officiel taking money, it was the accuser that did this, but he was of a higher standing and it was Tiel's word against his accusers. Tiel now works for whomever pays him, and his loyalty is now towards the little people that get stepped on time and again, regardless of thier country.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 10:52:18 pm by wolfchild »
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2010, 09:52:57 pm »

Realized you don't start out with a shield (Fixed). Assuming you sell the round shield, you have 26 talers. (And a free lance.)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2010, 10:52:35 pm »

took that into account now
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2010, 02:40:04 am »

First Name: Gedwyn of Ernheim

Starting Country: Cordova

Stats:
Agility 4
Endurance 2
Intelligence 2
Chivalry 2

Equipment: Sword, Sell Round Shield (+10 talers), Quarterstaff (5 talers), Shield (25 talers), Normal Surcoat (10 talers) and Aketon 'cos it seems to be free. (2 talers) (Leaving me with 18 talers)

Language: Cordova Rank 4, Astrua Rank 2

Coat-of-Arms: (Crashed my internetz when I tried to save this, just took a printcreen + Ctrl-V picture.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Background: Gedwyn originally hails from a minor noble house in a country in the north that, due to a civil war or two and endless wars against the nation's neighbors, has lost almost all it's possessions. When they were forced to sell their city palace, Gedwyn simply took his sword and left, to earn money by other means.
While his career as a mercenary hasn't been very succesful yet, he hopes that this war between the two nations will be more profitable.
Unfortunately, his family has not fully approved of his choice of career, and he fears they have hired men to track him down and bring him home.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 12:35:26 pm by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2010, 10:41:31 am »

I'll need to edit my char a tiny bit-

1. I'm switching my starting country to Cordova (or whichever the Orange country is). I might as well be on the Spanish side...

2. Also, I'm buying an Aketon (Free?) and a Normal Surcoat for 9 talers (-1 for selling terrible surcoat), leaving me with 6.

3. I'll trade my 1 point in Portugese language for 1 more point in English. Because I really doubt anybody would be speaking Portugese this far inland. >.>

Edit: Also, I hope I can hire an Cordovan translator...lol. My character is really not very worldly, and only knows Spanish and English which he considers a trade language. Will this be allowed?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 10:50:51 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2010, 12:25:08 pm »

Aketon is now worth 2 talers. (For a nice one.) Cordova has strong (Well, strong for Cordova) relations with England. You'll do fine.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2010, 12:41:03 pm »

Edited my post for Aketon cost.

I love how the map looks like something out of a MW2: Total War campaign. (The... uhmn, strange bordering countries.)
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2010, 12:45:09 pm »

It keeps me from getting too worried about medieval history, meaning that more battles will actually be fought/more action.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2010, 03:03:44 pm »

Need at least one more person before we can continue. Until then, we'll do Turn Less than One.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Freelance RTD - Turn Less than One. One more needed to sign up!
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2010, 03:11:31 pm »

Turn Less than One

Every day, the strength of the armies encamped at Ebro and Segia encrease as more and more freelances arrive. (This being the Cordova-Astrua region, it's one or two a day, but when they make up 1/60th of your knights, well...) To amuse the freelances until the time to march is upon them, tournaments will be held in both camps. Jousting, one-on-one and melee combat will all occur. Money will be won or lost to the many bookies. The chapels in Ebro and Segia are open as well, to provide spirital comfort to any freelances who want it. Women will undoubtly provide physical comfort to any freelances who want it. Ale and good times will be had by all.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2010, 08:11:40 pm »

Name: Gregorio of Argion

Starting Country: Astura

Agility: 2
Endurance: 3
Intelligence: 2
Chivalry: 3

Equipment: Sword, Sell Round Shield(+10), Terrible Surcoat(+1), Dagger(+30), Buy Shield (-25), Normal Surcoat(-10), Aketon(-2), Leather Pants(-35)
19 talers remaining

Language: 5 ranks in Asturan, 1 in Latin (which you didn't have, surely it was an oversight?)

Spoiler: Coat-of-Arms (click to show/hide)

Background: The son of a humble and especially pious blacksmith, Gregorio spent most of his childhood as an acolyte in a local monastery.  He performed his duties well, if not exceptionally.  However, at the age of 14, while he was delivering goods to a local farmer, he happened to glance a young woman riding in a carriage; the Baron of Bitueriges' daughter.  He returned to the monastery that day, but was consumed by a longing for the lady.  Knowing that such emotion was unbecoming of a monk, he tried to rid himself of love.  Naturally, this made his desire even stronger, and thus he requested leave of the abbot to depart from the monastery.  The abbot granted his request, and Gregorio became a freelance, in the hopes of winning such a name for himself that he may wed the Baron's daughter.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 04:05:46 pm by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2010, 11:53:43 am »

Ahh! Cordova! What a beautiful country! The sky is clear, the roads are well paved, and the watch does a good job of keeping beggars away...let's see the competition.

hmm...loner, archer, woman in disguise, sad monk, assassin, ghost and the son of a displaced monarch seeking revenge against his fathers killer. Interesting.
Oh dear, that one eyed man reminds of the Cyclops I killed on Ithtaca...he also has horns on his helmet. Maybe that was a catobelpas?

Turn 1

I practice training and sparring with the other mercenaries-not competing as of yet-and generally drink and gamble, boasting of my *many* adventures and romantic conquests.

Also, I challenge Gregorio of Argion to a friendly chess match. Truly, all knights must be as fast of wit as they are of sinew, no?

OOC: Usec, how many "actions" do we get in a turn? Does a turn comprise of a week, or a day or what? I might edit based upon how much we can do, so this isn't quite final.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2010, 12:39:54 pm »

im in if possible if not on the waiting list for me

First Name: Sven

last name Johansson

*optional* Nickname: the black wolf

Starting Country: norway

Stats: Agility 3
, Endurance 3, Intelligence 2 and Chivalry 2.

Equipment: sword Short-sword

Language: Norwegian 4 middle English 2

*optional* Coat-of-Arms: a black wolf rampant on a dark red background with yellow eyes and lighter red  paws and tongue
also white teeth there should also be one sword on each side of the wolf

*optional* Background: grew up as a son of a minor noblemen in small village but his father was out of favour in court and the king started taxing the village out of existence so that when Sven had grown up there was no money left. the father took ill and called all his sons over one day and said ´´there is as you all know no money left in our family, all has been stolen by the king there is nothing left for you all to do except scatter to the four winds but remember the king did this to you, made you nobles in name and action only, so that you will have to work for your bread. now go my sons and if can, avenge me *dies*``after that all the brothers took farewell and scattered to work as Leiesoldater (mercenary's).

Astrua
the king seems to be a better one also moar money
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 10:43:20 pm by maxicaxi »
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2010, 01:43:01 pm »

hmm your coat of arms designer doesnt work...i cant access it somehow...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7