Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: AI War - Fleet Command Play Along  (Read 4498 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: AI War - Fleet Command Play Along
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2010, 02:54:28 pm »

Dealing with some cleanup and two AI waves before I hit Loki. :)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2010, 03:02:33 pm »

I read that as "two AI wives".  One's enough for me!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2010, 03:03:28 pm »

Ehehehe... well the AI is super pissed at us right now so I am just fighting the waves it is sending until that calms down.

Unfortunately I have dinner plans again so will be back in a few hours to finish this up.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2010, 03:53:41 pm »

Who said you could have RL?  Logic demands you sate our desires here at B12!

Hopefully I'll be able to get the demo tonight- never did have a chance last night.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2010, 07:53:40 pm »

Well, I am back and will finish up that bit of business then post an update soon.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2010, 08:38:26 pm »

I have taken and fortified both Haslikdu and Gioxusav, and then built our fleet out to maximum.

The assault on Loki has begun.

Stage 1 is complete, the command center and fortress have fallen. I am moving back to reinforce the fleet and then bringing more ships back to finish them off.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 08:44:18 pm by forsaken1111 »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2010, 09:17:20 pm »

Okay, Loki is ours and has been somewhat fortified against AI aggression. I will post an update in the morning, I really need some sleep.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2010, 01:36:08 am »

Spoiler: New Map (click to show/hide)

Old Intel:

Level 4 Planets
Spoiler: Sochrtic (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Masav (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Michor (click to show/hide)

Level 3 Planets
Spoiler: Masbi (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cubulnei (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Chrachzar (click to show/hide)

Other Planets
Spoiler: Locpuvar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Qaxu (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Umkuha (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bulchar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Unmichqu (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Melji (click to show/hide)

New Intel:

Level 3 Planets
Spoiler: Iniusci (click to show/hide)

Other Planets
Spoiler: Mikau (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Admlehas (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kalbuul (click to show/hide)

So... we now own 5 stars and we have pissed the AI off pretty good. As you can see from the map, another level 3 planet stands in our way if we take the route through Loki to get up to Sekvauo and two unknown planets between Mikau and Sekvauo could turn out to be tough nuts or could be nothing at all. I'll see if I can get some more information there.

Good news everyone! By unlocking level 2 scouts I was able to gather the following Intel.

Spoiler: Zuphas (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Caginvu (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sekvauo (click to show/hide)

So taking the road from Loki, we would need to crack two level 3 planets but we could leave the level 4 planets alone. I could attempt to smuggle a colony ship all the way up to Sekvauo, bypassing the others, then fortify the hell out of it as a chokepoint and gate-raid every system on this side of Sek.

What do you guys think?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 01:52:20 am by forsaken1111 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2010, 08:23:39 am »

What do you guys think,Toaster?

Fixed  :)

Mikau should be our next grab, as it's decently resourced, not too protected, and is on the way.  From there it's only three hops to Sekvauo.  The question then is do we want to go through Iniusci or Umkuha -> Masbi.  Neither route is great, so it probably depends on favorable wormhole positioning, and whether you'd rather go past a fortress (Masbi) or a pair of MkIII FF generators (Iniusci).  You can call that one the best.

From there, it's a hop, skip, and a jump to Sekvaou.  If you're gate raiding along the way, make sure you crack up that data center in Caginvu, but it can wait until after Sekvaou otherwise.  Once you get Sekvaou, it'll be our forward bastion, and like you said, we can gate raid everything behind it.

For giggles, see if you can get intel on that last leg past Melji left of your position.  Who knows what is back there- could be your factory.

Don't forget to MkII all your base ships.
Pages: 1 2 [3]