Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 76

Author Topic: Ardentdikes - Absolute disaster - (31.25) (Succession)(Need Players!)  (Read 212592 times)

Glacial

• Bay Watcher
  • d~~
    • View Profile

The water under the well, when exposed to winter, freezes into a solid wall of ice with an ice floor one z-level above the wall. The well, built at z+1, deconstructs once there's a floor occupying its square. Putting a roof over the well should keep the temperature above freezing, though.

Pisano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah, I see.  Thanks for the explanation.

Tsarwash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Both hatches and the floor grate are still there. The disease is the main problem at the minute. there are twenty dwarves with rot. and I can't fully isolate it because there are wandering cats with it as well. I might have to use DFClean to save the fort.(If it does). Cheating ?
On the left a cannon which shoots dwarf children into the sun, on the right, a massive pit full of magma charred dwarfs and elves.

Glacial

• Bay Watcher
  • d~~
    • View Profile

I say run with it. That's what Forgotten Beasts do, and clean-up from fortress disasters is Fun.

I'd recommend caging up all your non-pet cats, though, as part of the containment. You're about to have a series of cat catastrophies. Take a look at the sick cats and try to ID the forgotten beast blood they're dipped in. That's the vector.

Tsarwash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Call me cruel, but I've been slaughtering all kittens at birth. There are no non pet cats. I think that I know where the muck is. I can destroy the bridge and build it again.
On the left a cannon which shoots dwarf children into the sun, on the right, a massive pit full of magma charred dwarfs and elves.

Daetrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ardentdikes - But where are the dikes? - Need players! - (31.12) (Succession)
« Reply #140 on: September 03, 2010, 08:55:48 am »

*cough* Finished yet Tsarwash?
All you need to know about Ardentdikes
It is really, really easy to flood this place with magma fwiw.

Doors stop fire, right?

Tsarwash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ardentdikes - But where are the dikes? - Need players! - (31.12) (Succession)
« Reply #141 on: September 05, 2010, 09:48:55 am »

25th Moonstone. This disease is spreading it appears. It seems as though I may have to quarantine all of the sufferers, unfortunately. I might have to seal off the hospital ,as most of the sufferers are bedridden there and cannot leave. We’ll have to draw up plans to dig a new hospital site.

28th Moonstone. Two fine dwarves succumbed to infection brought about by this mystery disease this weekend. The quarantine plans are going forth as soon as we can.

7th Opal. There are now twenty souls and many animals sealed into what was once the hospital. I hope that this is the right thing to do. If this does not stop the spread of the disease, then we may be done for. Word of this disaster is sure to get back to our Queen, as our mountain liason witnessed much of the suffering.

14th Opal. We lost our best miner to fever and infection this morning. We are all praying that this does not spread to us all ! Evening. I just received word that a past overseer or Ardentdikes, Lafiel the child, succumbed to infection this afternoon. We shall give her a grand funeral.

22nd Opal. At least some news that is not bad. Sodel the craftdwarf has barricaded himself into a workshop in a creative frenzy and has promised to create an artifact to celebrate my reign here so far. I wonder how you depict miasma in wood or stone ?

6th Obsidian. It’s a phyrric victory, but the plateau of the underground caverns are now sealed off from the rest of them. Now we have a safe source of timber, whenever we have need. I noticed Sodel sauntering atound this afternoon. I inquired of him what artifact he had crafted. He reluctantly showed me it. It was a plain bracelet, made from the bone of the beast who caused all of this misery. A worthless trinket. I ordered him flogged.

10th Obsidian. Rimtar the mayor came to me today, very unhappy. His pet dog had succumbed to infection. I hope he does not start taking his despair out on his subordinates. It could lead to bad times ahead, if he does. Finally the miasma has disappeared from the palace.

28th Obsidian. I have not recorded much this month as I have not been feeling myself. My stomach has felt awful, I do hope that I have not caught this mystery affliction. I shall have to drag myself out of bed for the first time this week, in a few days, as the Queen is sending down an emissary to asses the situation here. Word of this vile disease must have got back to her. The omens could be bad.

1st Granite. Alas I am to relieved of my duties here at Ardentdikes. My reputation is in tatters, and worst of all, I am to stay here to look after the Diseased and invalids. I wish my successor well, and bid them good luck. They shall need it.

Tsarwash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 05, 2010, 09:50:07 am »

(Sorry about the awful delay that I have given you. I'm a bit rubbish. And sorry about the mess that i've left behind. oops.)

Not too sure how I upload the save.

Pisano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 05, 2010, 10:07:29 am »

You can upload it here: http://dffd.wimbli.com/

Click on Upload, make the File Category be Community Game and so on.

Tsarwash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 05, 2010, 01:02:02 pm »

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3063

Oops, one last mistake. I must have unpaused while finishing the final writeup, and have overshot the deadline by three days. Sorry.

Advice to the new owner. Be careful! This fort could slip into a tantrum spiral. The mayor is very unhappy, because his dog died. Almost all of the infected are locked into the old hospital, but one or two would not go in there. There is actually at least one uninfected in the hospital, who wouldn't leave because they were bedridden (teach1). The military is devastated and needs to be reorganised. All of the dwarves with the 'X' nickname have got rotten parts and are likely to die soonish. If you get the soap spam messages, just forbid the soap. I unforbidded it in an attempt to clean patients.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 05, 2010, 01:16:19 pm »

I want to join! At least... as long as the fortress isn't done for before I get to play.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

LAAT501legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 05, 2010, 01:20:51 pm »

Ok guys, I will start playing tomorrow, today I'm busy
This isn't reality.
THIS IS DWARF FORTRESS!!
*kicks an elf into the pit*
Roll to be a BATTLE WIZARD

Daetrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 05, 2010, 03:32:37 pm »

I want to join! At least... as long as the fortress isn't done for before I get to play.

This is Dwarf Fortress!  It was doomed before it was even started...

That said, welcome aboard =D
All you need to know about Ardentdikes
It is really, really easy to flood this place with magma fwiw.

Doors stop fire, right?

LAAT501legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 06, 2010, 12:17:57 pm »

Hey, my DF doesn't recognise the save.Can someone check it?
This isn't reality.
THIS IS DWARF FORTRESS!!
*kicks an elf into the pit*
Roll to be a BATTLE WIZARD

DuckThatQuacks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 06, 2010, 01:25:05 pm »

Works for me. I'll try saving it and reuploading, and you can see if you can recognize that one.

Edit: I've saved it myself (no time has passed), and uploaded it here: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3067
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 01:29:45 pm by DuckThatQuacks »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 76