Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 76

Author Topic: Ardentdikes - Absolute disaster - (31.25) (Succession)(Need Players!)  (Read 212330 times)

ProZocK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ardentdikes - A majestic fort (31.08) (Succession)
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2010, 10:02:36 am »

Getting the fort now! Cant wait to see what I will do
I always imagine dwarves to train as if fighting pretend monsters. "It's a carp, use your sword!" "Shwish! Shwoosh! It's dead!" "Oh no, it's a giant cave spider! Noo, it's got me! Kill it with your axe!" "Swoosh, I cut off its head!"
UNDEAD ELEPHANTS.HERDS OF THEM.EVEN IN DEATH I STILL GRAZE.

Pisano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2010, 10:35:31 am »

What tile set are you using?  When I loaded the save (just to see how things look) with the normal ascii mode I noticed that all of the walls are using characters with diacritical marks.

It looks like the three miners Doren Godenvod, Lokum Aliledem and Ustuth Tosedrigoth did a ton of digging.  Heck two of them are legendary already.

ProZocK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2010, 10:55:49 am »

Im playing Genesis so Ill just download a fresh vanilla DF for this game, and I plan on keeping it ASCII Anything I should know before starting?
I always imagine dwarves to train as if fighting pretend monsters. "It's a carp, use your sword!" "Shwish! Shwoosh! It's dead!" "Oh no, it's a giant cave spider! Noo, it's got me! Kill it with your axe!" "Swoosh, I cut off its head!"

Daetrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2010, 01:48:53 pm »

I was using the Phoebus tileset. But there aren't any mods so you should be able to swap raws with whatever tileset (or lack thereof) that you want.

And I don't think there's anything you need to worry about. Just go at it!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 01:53:11 pm by Daetrin »
All you need to know about Ardentdikes
It is really, really easy to flood this place with magma fwiw.

Doors stop fire, right?

ProZocK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2010, 09:55:59 pm »

Okay, I had to finish some stuff today and ended up not being able to play. Ill start tomorrow, and I promisse I wont take long, my vacations start tomorrow.
You did make everything so round and nice and pretty!!
Guess its up to me to put some more Dwarfely shapes on this baby :P

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2010, 04:00:46 am »

Just a short note that I absolutely LOVE the fort design. Seriously. Ramps are so sexy. Circular ramps are even more sexy. Let's please keep this theme going people. It's beautiful.

ProZocK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2010, 01:53:07 pm »

Ill keep the circular ramp going and wont mess with what is already there.
At least not a lot :P

Snook

• Bay Watcher
  • Sultan of Swing
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2010, 06:46:23 pm »

Finally a layout I can understand that shows spiral ramps! Now to exploit these plans in my constructions...
Hello my name is Kristoffer Jørgensen and I am from Norweigen
I come to see hot USA girls and history landmarks!!

ProZocK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2010, 10:34:05 am »

I'm sorry to say I cannot finish my turn

My grandmother had a stroke yesterday at night and I will be spending most of my time time with her at the hospital, since I'm probably the only one that cares about her.
I don't think I am in a good state to play any games for a time.
I'm sorry guys.

Snook

• Bay Watcher
  • Sultan of Swing
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2010, 11:11:54 am »

My grandmother had a stroke yesterday at night and I will be spending most of my time time with her at the hospital, since I'm probably the only one that cares about her.
I'm sorry guys.

Sorry to say, I know how you feel. My own grandmother has colon cancer, and just recently got out of the hospital for her last round of surgery. I can't be with her. Why? Because she's 10,000 miles away in Europe. Good luck, and I hope for the best.
Hello my name is Kristoffer Jørgensen and I am from Norweigen
I come to see hot USA girls and history landmarks!!

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2010, 01:51:40 pm »

I'm sorry guys.
Terrible to hear it :( I hope she'll get better soon. It sucks that she has only one man to remember her :( Best of luck to you and your grandmom!

Also, I've taken the savegame after the first year:
*in Dungeon Master voice* 1st Granite of 1052 since the birth of this world was a day when the god Dariush appeared to the town of Ardentdikes. The conversion was slow, as dwarves are not highly open to new ideas. But now the god has gathered enough followers to make his memories known.

20st Granite
Aaaaahh... it's good to be alive once again, to feel the faith of my followers run through my veins, the prayers uttered by them every evening in my ears... Truly, this town has a lot of it's own gods, but the faith in them is weak and no two dwarves believe the same god... or should I say spirit? Anyway, they believe those whose orders they follow, so it's time to leave my footprint in the history!

Truly, my power is weak yet, by I already managed to declare the boundaries of a cast-obsidian fort I want to see towering above this land:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
For this undertaking I shall need an impressive amount of pump components, both for water and for magma:
It appears that fortress innards were set on near-automatic by previous lord so I will focus on construction of this monstrousity and mining sufficient metal for it.

19th Slate
Damn it! Right now as I'm writing those words, out of 12 dwarves 3 are drinking/sleeping/eating and 6 are hauling. SOMETHING. Close inspection revealed that every one of those pesky dwarves has a strange urge for just MOVING things from place to place. Since this won't get me anywhere, I'm going to destroy all unneeded stockpiles (maybe THEN they will start making a mold for my fort!)

22nd Slate
Migrants! Whooping 15 of them! More slaveforce=faster construction! It's good to be clever! ]:-> And who refuses to work, will be dumped into volcano. We've got no shortage of slaves NOW. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! And new followers make me stronger!

18th Felsite
The first level of mold is finished. Sadly, nobody seems to make the magma pumps...

22th Felsite
Dendrophiles have arrived... Current broker is nowhere to be seen so I appointed one of another underlings who seemed to have the tongue slightly longer than hands, but even he is just dragging some stuff into depot. Anyway, it's only slaves who will suffer from their own incompetence!

5th Hematite
Some slave got taken by fey mood. Either he'll build something useful, or go insane. Pretty the same result in long run anyway. Meanwhile the broker finally found the pointy-eared bastards with...
Oh well, at least they've got wood. About 500 kilograms of it (if you think that weight is calculated in kilograms).  Which was traded for three figurines and a bracelet. It seems that those elves got a monkey instead of trader...

5th Hematite, evening
The fey slave claimed Craftslave's workshop and demands body parts. I started digging down to find caverns to slay someone for him. Meanwhile I looked at my mechanisms order... and found that there's no mechanic's slaveshops! This fortress managed to survive for 15 months without mechanic's workshop! it's unbelievable...

18th Hematite
I found some slave who was stuck in a future reservoir for well. It was so outrageously stupid - to build floodgate from the wrong side that I would have left him for dead was it not for fact that I needed only one lever pulled for his freedom (which I would have to pull anyway for well filling)

26th Hematite
Troll spotted. WOODCUTTERS, WHERE ARE YOU, LAZY BUGGERS?!

1st Malachite
One out of two woodcutters I ordered to kill the troll got killed. But how?!
Yep, that's right. She died AFTER JUMPING FROM THE BRIDGE. The other woodcutter lies near her and doesn't seem to live long:
Also, neither od them bothered to pick up axes. I won't even bury them.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 07:40:02 am by Dariush »

Daetrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2010, 04:20:22 pm »

I'm sorry guys.

Yikes.  Sorry to hear that, man :(

Doors stop fire, right?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2010, 08:59:23 am »

13th Malachite
Horde of incompetent slaves! They don't even deserve being called sacrifices in my name! Because of them the troll escaped into fortress, so now half of dwarves run after it and another half runs FROM it!

19th Malachite
WAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Good thing I walled him off first ]:->

26th Malachite
After exactly month, the troll is killed. By whom, would you ask? By DOGS. Yep, not by that 10-dwarf horde of noobs, but by three dogs in less than one day. I'm walling off that fucking cavern...

3rd Galena
Cavern walled off. Meanwhile we lost two more slaves to giant olm which somehow wandered out of there.

12th Galena
I said two? Sorry, of course I meant three. Also, I'm happy to announce that somewhen recently the second level of mold has been completed!

24th Galena
*sings* It's haaaard to be a gooood wheeeen the mooost sane creatures in your fort are human traaaaadeeeeers... Have I mentioned that it's already four men dead and the only axe in the fort lies forgotten?

6th Limestone
AT LAAAAAAST!!! After taking one more life, Dimongukil Arbanstagshil (it even rhymes) the giant olm was slewn by humans. I really ought to forfeit this madhouse and try and get a human fortress as my followers...

6th Timber
Somewhere far below some three-eyed forgotten beast has arrived. Since the caverns are safely walled off I wouldn't even care but it's the most interesting things in last two months...

7th Timber
Apparently being afraid of it made my slave leader go moody. So be it.

13th Timber
Who could have doubted that it would be something shitty?
Also, somewhy nobody uses the magma forges. It's our only source of magma-safe materials AND THEY DON'T USE IT. AAAAAAAAAARGHHH.

11th Opal
The river (frozen somewhere about a month ago) was dammed in two places. The well is complete. The one-and-a-half-armed manager is back at work, but THE CORKSCREWS ARE STILL NOT PRODUCED. Even pipe section are ready and corkscrews haven't even started. Well, screw that, somebody else will have to actually cast the obsidian ]:->

14th Opal
New bedrooms are finished! Now the slaves will be able to work 21 hour per day (because of all the unforeseen comfort)!

18th Obsidian
Our best (and only) woodcutter died from thirst. He was laying with a yellow lower body for as long as I remember while manager and miner who were hurt in the same fight and each lost an arm were working as other slaves! I don't feel the least sorry for him. He deserved it.

1st Granite
I go out of the fortress into the first drops of spring rain. This year has flown past so fast!... For the last time I check all the notes on levers for future lords, look at perfectly functioning dam, watch the looming shape of obsidian mold above, marvel at the gatehouse... My reign here certainly didn't pass unnoticed. However, then I remember HOW FUCKING STUPID THOSE FUCKING DWARVES ARE and, dropping the map near the drawbridge gate, storm off into the mist to search for other fortresses who need lord and for some other lord who needs THIS fortress.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 12:01:15 pm by Dariush »

Lafiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2010, 02:20:46 pm »

Pickin' up... what a mess  :o

Also, what are we building up there?

Daetrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2010, 02:37:59 pm »

He was trying to build an obsidian-casting apparatus but ran into lazy dwarf issues.

How many dwarves did you manage to kill total, Dariush?

And did you get them all into coffins?  :P
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 02:44:49 pm by Daetrin »

Doors stop fire, right?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 76