Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 76

Author Topic: Ardentdikes - Absolute disaster - (31.25) (Succession)(Need Players!)  (Read 212377 times)

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:failures]
    • View Profile
Re: Ardentdikes - Full of magma - Need players! - (31.12) (Succession)
« Reply #195 on: September 22, 2010, 02:43:59 am »

Does anyone agree with me that this succession just has to go to the Hall of Legends?
I mean, avoiding a potentially fort destroying epidemic and cleansing the rest with magma is just too epic to forget.
OH FUCK I FORGOT ABOUT THE MAGMA.
ALSO WHERE IS THE BOOZE STOCKPILE?
Quote from: acetech09 date=1343968486
It's probably made from baby bone, with a handle of baby leather. Probably uses the leg bones wound together for the handle, the pelvis for the handle/pick joint, and the pick is the spine.

But that's all in theory, of course. Not like I've made a pick out of my own 5 month old baby before.

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 22, 2010, 03:05:49 am »

20th Galena, 1060
These little people are so interesting! I believe I will control one of them and see where it takes us.
There's magma all over the place for some reason.

(Ok what the hell why isn't anyone doing ANYTHING? nobody's in any burrows or anything)

22nd Galena, 1060
Nobody's doing anything at all. Interesting

23rd Galena, 1060

Great.

Huh?

8th Limestone, 1060
Everything's progressing really slowly. I'll have Kourin live on his own when they're done building.

(Magma is killing the FPS, I'm only finishing the year now.)

14th Timber, 1060
Kourin's living place is finished, now to get it up and running.

most of the stockpiles are inaccessible.

(Seriously, The place is baffling and filling with magma. If there was a river it'd be fine, but there isn't a river.)

due to the game FPS deathing every few seconds (Antivirus is playing up on top of magma-induced FPS death), This is as far as i've gotten before giving up.
SAVE
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 05:26:36 am by lolghurt »
It's probably made from baby bone, with a handle of baby leather. Probably uses the leg bones wound together for the handle, the pelvis for the handle/pick joint, and the pick is the spine.

But that's all in theory, of course. Not like I've made a pick out of my own 5 month old baby before.

Blurk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 22, 2010, 05:42:50 am »

no burrows? :o
but noone doing anything usefull at all sounds familiar.

on another note i demand horn silver objects.

Daetrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 22, 2010, 06:37:57 am »

I will take a turn. Hopefully I can read and see what happened to the fort before it is my turn.

Awesome, you're on the list.
All you need to know about Ardentdikes
It is really, really easy to flood this place with magma fwiw.

Doors stop fire, right?

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 22, 2010, 07:56:29 am »

no burrows? :o
but noone doing anything usefull at all sounds familiar.

on another note i demand horn silver objects.

I'm an idiot and didn't realize there was a Civilian active/Training alert on for a while
The dorfs can't get to most of the mines, there's magma flowing in from somewhere other than the roof.
also, perpetual flame lever.

DuckThatQuacks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 22, 2010, 05:49:43 pm »

there's magma flowing in from somewhere other than the roof.

From the Journal of Urist McDuck, Seer of Ardentdikes:

I had another vision today. In it, I saw one of the dwarves of Greater Ardentdikes, driven mad by the plague, tear down a wall that was holding back a tank of magma.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Magma is now pouring into Greater Ardentdikes not only through our magmaduct, but also straight from the volcano itself. For now, this is fine -- it only speeds the Cleansing. But before we return to our home, we will have to stop the flow. In my Vision, I see us pouring water in from above, creating a wall of obsidian that blocks the flow. But the future remains uncertain -- what I Saw remains only one of many possibilities.

Edit: Corrected grammar.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 06:04:38 pm by DuckThatQuacks »

Blurk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 22, 2010, 07:49:23 pm »

wait how did that happen?
i know one doomed child went insane and thats about it.

someone must have tampered!

DuckThatQuacks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 22, 2010, 07:57:18 pm »

I don't actually know when or how it happened, but between your save and lolghurt's, that wall was removed.

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 23, 2010, 02:35:01 am »

I don't actually know when or how it happened, but between your save and lolghurt's, that wall was removed.

Not the first time something weird's happened during one of my turns. I must've used the wrong df folder. the one where it occasionally gens worlds that rain adamantine kobolds.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 02:42:21 am by lolghurt »

Daetrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 23, 2010, 07:13:28 am »

Okay, it's Kregoth's turn (PM sent) and I've put myself back on the list.  I know I can run it at a not-too-awful FPS rate so I might need to clean it up.
All you need to know about Ardentdikes
It is really, really easy to flood this place with magma fwiw.

Doors stop fire, right?

Kregoth

• Bay Watcher
  • I had an army of cats once. guess what happened?
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 24, 2010, 08:26:50 pm »

Just letting everyone know I am alive, and that I will update sometime before Monday :)
Your not playing Dwarf Fortress right if you don't see a message saying a Kitten (tame) had died in some horrible manner over and over again.

Lafiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 26, 2010, 09:42:49 am »

Okay, it's Kregoth's turn (PM sent) and I've put myself back on the list.  I know I can run it at a not-too-awful FPS rate so I might need to clean it up.

If you need more players get me a second turn, too. I like where this is going  ;D

Kregoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 26, 2010, 08:11:10 pm »

Wow ok I am seriously confused on what to do here. On one end it seems there a level that can stop the magma flow, and then someone else says there water I need to dump somewhere? (sorry your picture is way to vague for me to know where that is.)

I really need to read the last few years of the fortress to see what happened, I know about the plague and the magma used to clean it, but apparently something horrible happened?

Also my frames are pretty decent getting 30 on average I am guessing once i stop the magma flow it will go up even more. sense my PC can handle this I plan on fixing Ardentdikes. So some useful info would be great on how to get back the rest of the fortress.
Your not playing Dwarf Fortress right if you don't see a message saying a Kitten (tame) had died in some horrible manner over and over again.

DuckThatQuacks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 26, 2010, 09:17:28 pm »

So:

There is magma coming in through the big, obvious magmaduct that I built. That can be shut off by a lever (it's labeled "Cleanse Ardentdikes"). During lolghurt's turn, a dwarf pulled down a wall that is letting magma come in straight from the volcano:

To stop that magma flow, I suggested channeling out one of the tiles above it, and pouring water in from above. That should create an obsidian wall which will stop the flow of magma.

Nothing horrible has happened since the plague. We are still waiting for the magma to clean stuff out. Especially this spot:

If that isn't cleaned, the Plague will start spreading all over again.

Edit: Now with more danger!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 09:22:17 pm by DuckThatQuacks »

Kregoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 26, 2010, 10:01:13 pm »

Thanks that help a lot and made the picture much clearer on what I need to do. Hopefully I can find a way to to channel water down to there or bucket it in.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 76