Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 76

Author Topic: Ardentdikes - Absolute disaster - (31.25) (Succession)(Need Players!)  (Read 212104 times)

Maquox

• Bay Watcher
  • Pump Operator
    • View Profile
Re: Ardentdikes - reverse-Boatmurdered - (31.16) (Succession)
« Reply #345 on: December 08, 2010, 12:15:45 am »

My eyeballs are now socks!!!
THIS IS AWESOME!
Don't you just love magma-baked cookies?

uggi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: December 08, 2010, 05:09:42 am »

I'm stunned. Words can't describe the epicness anymore, so here's an image:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Daetrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: December 08, 2010, 08:06:01 am »

Obviously, his visions drove Urist McDuck insane.
All you need to know about Ardentdikes
It is really, really easy to flood this place with magma fwiw.

Doors stop fire, right?

Blurk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ardentdikes - We have ghosts! - (31.18) (Succession)
« Reply #348 on: December 08, 2010, 12:24:00 pm »

whats the population now?

NightmareBros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: December 08, 2010, 02:55:41 pm »

Well, that settles it. Requesting dorfage from one of the idiot immagrants.

mrbobbyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: December 08, 2010, 03:01:07 pm »

I'm after fivex!  AWESOME!
!!Elves!! would actually be kinda cool as a civ symbol.  !!Clowns!!, however, you get the impression they're on fire of their own free, malicious, evil, will.

Also, much scarier if literally clowns.

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: December 08, 2010, 03:04:26 pm »

Well, that settles it. Requesting dorfage from one of the idiot immagrants.
I want dorfage as well.  Seal Urist in a room with a hole in the top to drop food and booze through.  Make sure to choose a new mayor, but let urist be the manager and bookkeeper.
This is a useful feature..and this is DF.. so im gonna assume its bugged
That's what cages and minecart shotguns are for!  We don't need to control them.  We just need to aim them.
[DWARFINEERING]

Glacial

• Bay Watcher
  • d~~
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: December 08, 2010, 03:05:23 pm »

Daetrin, could you add me to the end of the turn list? I'd like to revisit Ardentdikes!

Daetrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: December 08, 2010, 04:31:03 pm »

You could put him in TauQuebb's old room, it's lever sealed and whatnot.

Daetrin, could you add me to the end of the turn list? I'd like to revisit Ardentdikes!

Done.
All you need to know about Ardentdikes
It is really, really easy to flood this place with magma fwiw.

Doors stop fire, right?

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: December 08, 2010, 05:49:27 pm »

Journal of Sethud Crewbronze, Granite 1064

It's been five minutes and I already hate this place.

We were told before we left that the fort had seen some trouble, but this is less a fort than a battlefield.  Walking past the pool of lava, we entered into an obscene tomb adorned with gibbets of flesh and troll blood.

Cattenborush took one step through the front gate and walked away from us, gibbering.  Can't say I blame the chap.

He strode directly into what the paperwork refers to as "Lesser Ardentdikes," and he's been busy at work ever since.  I'm pleased with his initiative.

This totally original and novel rendition of a human taming eagles will go in our entrance hall, so that everyone who comes here can bask in its creative daring.

Unless I'm very much mistaken, a silk robe is hovering in the sky above us of its own accord.  I... I was not expecting that.  I'm wondering if we can fetch it down with a stick or something.

See, that's what I love about life.  It always hits you with the unexpected.

(furious scribbling)

We are under siege.  The soldiers are already on their way.  Who in Sirab's name is that?

!!

We ran for our lives.  We are holed up in the entrance hall, waiting for them, arming ourselves with what we can.  The trolls have broken down our door.

Stewing it in, spreading it until it saturates all thought, as they do, Goblins see death from a unique vantage point.  It is the means and the end, to them.

We fought the trolls in the entryway, while outside the goblins fell under attack by traps that, beforehand, we knew nothing about.  We won the day, but it cost poor Medtob his life, when he was gored in the chest after fighting unarmored.  I'll really miss that stupid idiot.

With the attackers repelled, we can get to work rebuilding this place.

There are a few fires to put out...

I'm really thinking of packing up and heading home.  But that would mean losing my beard.  To blazes with that.

Deduk's Journal, 24th Granite

After a couple of these bumpkins threw a stick at me, I decided a more direct approach could be afforded.  I found the leader of this bunch, one "Sethud," while he was taking a walk by himself 'round the courtyard.

I glided down from the top of the wall and stopped in front of him, wearing my robe.  The fellow nearly fainted.

"Who -- what," he gasped as he clutched his tunic.

Do not be afraid, I tried to say.  But no words could come out.

I took some parchment and graphite out of my pocket.  "Don't be scared of me," I wrote.

When he had managed to gain some composure, he asked for my name.  After a long discourse, he was aware of who I was, how I died, how all this had happened, and where to find the missing fortress documents and the logs of the previous overseers.  In exchange, I need only answers.

"Do not kill Urist," I implored.  "Trap him.  Imprison him.  Seal him away forever if you must.  But deal with him.  I fear you'll be killed if you don't."

Sethud agreed, and we've parted ways for now.  I will watch, and wait.

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: December 08, 2010, 06:34:46 pm »

Dear journal, I spoke with a ghost yesterday.  It was a moving experience I will have to relate at a later date when I have more time.  Her name is Deduk, and she was murdered by her lover, one Urist McDuck, who even now stalks our halls, hiding somewhere in its depths.  I've been keeping an eye out for this person, but so far I haven't seen any sign of him.*  When he shows himself, we'll be ready.  I've doubled the length of my nightly patrol to ten minutes.

Spoiler: * (click to show/hide)

Today I was rudely roused from sleep by Medtob yelling at me.  I'm aware that Medtob died a week ago.

It doesn't bloody matter.

I can get used to the idea of a haunted fortress, but this is upsetting.  University never mentioned anything about ghosts.  How many more are waiting to introduce themselves is anyone's guess.

Inentekkud has started a new pet project, we're all wishing him luck.

He made a splint.  I must say it's the finest splint I ever beheld.

We've replaced the door that the trolls broke down with a rudimentary mechanized gate.  The goblins won't be breaking holes in our fort the next time they come with their overesized brethren.

Goblins!

They're everywhere!  To arms, dwarves!  For Ardentdikes!

The first party was quickly dispatched.  We advanced on the invaders to the west.

We battled on the cliff edge overlooking the volcano, scant inches from the magma below, where one false step would lead to a painful and embarrassing end.  I almost fell in, but Xenos saved my life.  Thank the gods for his reflexes.

We won in the end by our steel and stout hearts.  Our victories have bolstered us.  Surely we have turned the tide in Ardentdikes this day.  From now on, it is dwarves who make the rules here.

The founder envisioned a royal city of wonders, a new Mountainhome.  And that is what we will build.

If I can just get rid of this blasted stomachache.  And this weird little rash.

NightmareBros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: December 08, 2010, 07:37:06 pm »

oh, no. Not the rot again.

Blurk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: December 08, 2010, 07:39:12 pm »

now we must purge lesser ardentdikes aswell?

start quarantining people then >.>

mrbobbyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: December 08, 2010, 08:41:47 pm »

I would love to be dwarfed.

Preferably a non rotting dwarf.
!!Elves!! would actually be kinda cool as a civ symbol.  !!Clowns!!, however, you get the impression they're on fire of their own free, malicious, evil, will.

Also, much scarier if literally clowns.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: December 08, 2010, 08:45:42 pm »

Preferably a non rotting dwarf.

HERESY

Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 76