Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 76

Author Topic: Ardentdikes - Absolute disaster - (31.25) (Succession)(Need Players!)  (Read 212543 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Ardentdikes - A majestic fort (31.08) (Succession)
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2010, 08:32:34 am »

And, well, no, I stopped the corkscrew production to make weapons, but somehow nobody would actually go to work to the forge (plenty of volunteers for the smelter though). Weird.
Were you making iron weapons? Aluminum barrels were produced just fine.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 08:36:49 am by Dariush »

Lafiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2010, 03:35:16 pm »

Were you making iron weapons?
Yup.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 06:02:28 pm by Lafiel »

Daetrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ardentdikes - A blood-soaked mess (31.08) (Succession)
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2010, 04:50:53 pm »

Okay it looks like we're going on to Jimmy now.
All you need to know about Ardentdikes
It is really, really easy to flood this place with magma fwiw.

Doors stop fire, right?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2010, 03:20:34 am »

Were you making iron weapons?
Yup.
Then it seems something is wrong with the iron itself. Maybe it is totally forbidden through stocks screen...

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2010, 07:54:38 am »

I'll have to pass. My daughter broke her arm and it's been really crazy since then. I wish I could have taken the time to try this. Sorry guys.

Daetrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2010, 09:33:34 am »

I'll have to pass. My daughter broke her arm and it's been really crazy since then. I wish I could have taken the time to try this. Sorry guys.

Ack. Sorry to hear that man. All right, on to Aequor...

Doors stop fire, right?

Aequor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2010, 01:11:13 pm »

Sorry to hear that Jimmy :(.

OK, I've picked it up - first thing I see: a graveyard full of dead Dwarves. This'll be Fun.
[USE_GOOD_REASON:UNTHINKABLE]

Daetrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2010, 03:31:03 pm »

By the way, the reason that no weapons or trap components were being made is that no dwarves have the labor enabled.

Doors stop fire, right?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2010, 01:53:13 am »

By the way, the reason that no weapons or trap components were being made is that no dwarves have the labor enabled.
nope, I specifically enbaled it for EVERYONE through Dwarf Therapist; also pipe sections and bins were manufactured without problems.

Aequor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2010, 12:59:40 pm »

I don't see what the problem is, I just activated weaponsmithing and armoring on the chief medical dwarf and BAM, weapons were being made.

In other news, the goblins are gone! And all it took were several gallons of blood and several tons of dead dwarves.

Aequor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2010, 11:27:05 pm »

OK! What a year it's been, I've had to play completely different to the more cautious style I usually play.  :D That is, I have no idea what's happening in most of the fortress.

3rd Granite
GOBLINS! OH GODS! EVERYWHERE! On top of that, the previous leader, Lafiel has stopped giving orders, though why we were taking orders from a baby is beyond me...

Right! I'm going to take charge! Now is the time for me to shine! I, Aequor; shall lead this grand fortress to a new golden age! Or at least, to an age without roaming bands of angry Goblins attacking us, I'm not picky about which. The Goblins aren't inside yet, being happier to maim the Dwarves stuck outside, so I've given orders to have the stairs to the bridge pillar de-constructed, blocking off their path!

14th Granite
SUCCESS! The stairs to the bridge pillar collapsed! Completely isolating us from the Goblins! Except for the two hammergoblins that got inside obviously...

I have completely remodelled the army, by which I mean I've stuck together anyone with military skills and told them to attack the Goblins. I'm hesitating for their official name; either the New Model Army, because they break like models, or the Red Army, because they're covered in their own blood. At any rate, they'll give me time to escape devise a brilliant tactical plan!

As if the situation wasn't absurd enough, the doctor came up to me and showed off a bituminous coal trumpet he'd made. I think he called it 'Talklords' or something. It even menaced with spikes of bituminous coal, was encrusted with the stuff, and had an image of Emptypass, that figurine that was made some time ago on it...in bituminous coal. It was also decorated with mule bone and encircled with bronze. I didn't have the heart to tell him that it was the stupidest thing I'd ever seen for three reasons;

1)Who'd want to play a trumpet that was too heavy to hold for more than a few minutes?
2)Who'd want to play a trumpet that could poke your eye out?
3)Who'd want to play a trumpet that would give you black lung?

20th Granite
It killed a Dwarf or ten, but the hammergoblins were bludgeoned to death! And I'm reliably informed that the rest of the Goblin squads are fleeing for some stupid reason or something.

At last, we can begin reconstruction, that is, gather the dead and pillage their belongings.

Also, I'm getting sick of walking through the corridors, only to be assailed by the army of puppies. Henceforth every single dog shall be trained as wardogs! I don't think that'll help the puppy problem, but I like giving orders.

Also, axes for the entire army! WE NEED AXES! AXES I TELL YOU! Despite this so-called 'weapon-forging-curse' I have ordered any available hands to begin forging.

3rd Slate
As we arrive at the first month anniversary of my rule, I cannot help but feel a shiver. Every single leader Ardentdikes has had have only lasted a year, I must take steps to immortalize my amazing victory over the Goblin soldiers squads hordes.

Also, some people are complaining about 'having to endure the rotting of a friend' or something. I have to say I agree with them, the smell is simply horrid. A grand necropolis will solve this problem, and allow me to build my own tomb! I already have some ideas, and none few of them are dangerous!

7th Slate
MIGRANTS! Finally some fresh faces that aren't covered in blood, sweat and tears! I didn't bother to count how many there were, but the population is now at 57! This means we can pretend the massacre with the Goblins never happened, since we haven't lost any many Dwarves.

Also, that lever that cost us many a Dwarf is now connected. Someone thought it'd be a good idea to suspend the linkage of the lever to the pillar-bridge, but I gave orders (I love doing that) to continue it! My authority is absolute!

25th Slate
Wow, the miners are quick; my tomb (and the necropolis) are already dug out! Now for some smoothing, some engraving and some platinum!

I've ordered cage traps to be build around the pillar-bridge, they'll provide an not-very-early warning about Goblin ambushers. In other news, we're out of mechanisms! Deary me, we do go through them quickly. Now if only I could find the mechanics workshop to give orders.

14th Felsite
The Goblins are testing our defences! Just now a Goblin snatcher was caught in the cage traps! We'll deal with him when we have the time, by which I mean when I can think of a punishment.

15 Felsite
AMBUSH! They're exacting revenge for the snatcher we caught! Nevermind, we'll raise the bridge and wait them out! And as for the snatcher, my tomb is now ready, just awaiting the coffin and statues, so we'll throw him to the fiery depths beneath it, as a symbolic crushing-of-the-Goblin-hordes-under-my-heels.

17th Felsite
An Elven caravan has arrived, a fun show for all ahead when the Goblins see them.

13th Hematite
Elves are all dead, Goblins ambushers are still outside, massing by the river, they've been joined by a lasher squad. Some stupid kid has organised a party at the shale table that has much of my workforce tied up.

At least the necropolis is beginning to fill up, by which I mean the Dwarves already dead are being put in their coffins, I don't mean that more Dwarves are dying and that's a good thing, well, I know what I mean at any rate. Armour for the soldiers is also being finished. In the meantime, I'm preparing for a set of mayoral of sheriff quarters that will allow me to coordinate with the mayor and sheriff, and get them off my back about 'inferior quarters' and stuff. I mean seriously, we're being attacked by Goblins and all they care about is the quality of their bedrooms? Who's going to care about that? It's not like they're married.

At least this gives me an excuse to make my own quarters palace.

12th Malachite
The weaver Zas has gone weird. I repeat, the weaver's gone weird. He's gone to a clothier's shop and started making something. Let's hope it's not a bituminous coal sock or something.

Anyway, work on my great palatial complex is well underway, and I have taken this opportunity to announce to the world, or rather, to Ardentdikes, that I am declaring myself Tsar and Autocrat of all the Dwarves. There was no resistance, possibly because of the ten burly soldiers armed with axes and armoured with breastplates that were standing behind me when I declared this. I know that so far we've had a baby that ruled for a year, a Daetrin that ruled for a year and a god that ruled for....a year, but I feel my chances are good. At any rate, if I get thrown out or killed perhaps my palace could be used as a statue garden or something. I like to know that I'd be leaving a legacy.

23rd Malachite
Zas made Queensun, a rope reed shirt covered in band agate, silver, and menacing with spikes of...rope reed. Idiot.

24th Galena
Human caravan arrived, Goblins are dead, rejoicing for all.

In other news my palace is advancing nicely, the entrance hall is complete, and I've decided it'll be open for the masses as a sculpture garden. Meanwhile my throne room is advancing quickly and work has begun on the dining room. The army is training quickly and we'll hopefully soon have a fully-equipped military to stop ambushes being so deadly. Oh wait, ANOTHER ambush approaches, hopefully the Humans will take care of it for us.

25th Galena
No they won't. Three ambushes, the Humans are slaughtered and now we're stuck again. I'm wondering whether to dispatch the army, all ten of them. But chances are they'll just run away. The army that is, not the Goblins.

18th Limestone
That stupid kid has organised another party, I shall be having stern words with his parents and possibly throw him in the magma.

And now all my workers have abandoned my palace worksite to go stand around that darn shale table...

27th Limestone
Finally! My dining room is finished, all it needs now is some smoothing, engraving, and furniture. Work now begins on my chambers.

7th Sandstone
We're running out of food, but my palace is coming along nicely. I've had parts of the area that was flooded under Lafiel converted to farms, that should satisfy food requests since we're still under siege by the Goblin ambushers.

13th Timber
The Dwarven caravan has arrived to bring tribute! I have sent out the army to help them against the Goblins remaining!

14th Timber
SUCCESS! No more Goblins, and the traders are safe. Let's see what the annual tribute brings.

12th Moonstone
Stupid broker, who happens to be the mayor, decided that detailing the floor of my palace was more important that trading. An admirable sentiment that brought a tear to my eye, but I must remember to have him thrown to the magma for disobeying my orders to trade, and now the caravan is gone without a single item having been bought or sold

28th Moonstone
Grrrrr! And now the armless cheese maker who has spent the entire year bothering me about his inability to clean himself or store his items (due to his being...y'know, armless) has organised a party! My palace will never be finished at this rate!

28th Obsidian
A terrible thing has happened. Several ambushes led to several deaths but the military beat them back, but more importantly, I have just been informed by the liaison (who has been here months, following people to try and 'meet' with them. I call it stalking.) that I am, in fact, not Tsar and Autocrat of all the Dwarves. Apparently we're ruled by a Queen, and where I have ten soldiers, she has dozens. Thus I am stepping down as supreme ruler as of the end of this year, and will retreat to my (almost finished!) palace.

Map
Save

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2010, 02:00:45 am »

Oh wow its my turn already... >_<
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 08:25:58 am by darkrider2 »

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 15, 2010, 03:26:40 am »

So... My casting project was discontinued and my drawbridge airlock was disused?  :'( I hate this world.
Btw, both necropolis and palace look awesome! :)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 03:31:44 am by Dariush »

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 15, 2010, 08:36:57 am »

Does anyone know a good image hosting site? photobucket hates me and the imageshack login is disfunctional. I'd like to add pictures as much as I can...
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 08:43:28 am by darkrider2 »

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 76