Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 76

Author Topic: Ardentdikes - Absolute disaster - (31.25) (Succession)(Need Players!)  (Read 210733 times)

Daetrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ardentdikes - Full of magma - Need players! - (31.12) (Succession)
« Reply #225 on: October 01, 2010, 06:37:35 am »

This is awesome, May I join in sometime?
I still have to buff my machine though
This looks awesome can i join?

Hooray, more people!  Welcome!

And I should have an update up tonight.  Work mandatory overtime = fail. 
All you need to know about Ardentdikes
It is really, really easy to flood this place with magma fwiw.

Doors stop fire, right?

MarineMorton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 01, 2010, 07:24:36 am »

If there is anything still left I will take a stab at it!

Daetrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 01, 2010, 07:37:34 pm »

8 Opal 1060
First things first, let’s get these guys out of that hole.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And get ourselves some more storage space.
The Lesser Ardentdikes entrance is really quite good, but a little extra preparation never hurt anyone, especially for when we move back into Greater Ardentdikes (and really, what else can we do while we’re waiting for The Cleansing to be complete?
Given that we have two bonecrafters and a heck of a lot of bones outside in various places, I’m going to start with the bone crafts.  It’ll give us something to trade that I know we have.  It’s difficult to tell what things are in Greater Ardentdikes and which are in Lesser.
Although I just noticed we have an amazing number of things spilled around the Depot itself, must never have cleaned up after the elves…

16 Obsidian
One of the new migrants has been possessed!
Given the state of things, I hope we can accommodate him…

17 Obsidian
Oh no.
You’d think a fortress that was obviously full of red hot magma would be of no interest to the gobbos.  You’d think wrong.  I’ve pulled everyone inside, we’ll have to wait this out.  We certainly don’t have the manpower to fend off a siege at this point.  The trolls immediately began to smash everything outside.
As well as a poor planter that had been stuck outside.  Meanwhile, we hunker down and do what we can.  For some reason our possessed peasant can’t figure out what workshop he wants, diethering between our multiple craftshops.

23 Obsidian
There, he finally chose one.  Sadly, he needs raw green glass…and that’s not likely to happen.  I’ve taken the liberty of locking him in.    Also think that we may have to set up a way to flood at least part of the outdoors with magma, if the goblins are going to be coming by like this…

13 Granite.
The siege has made me aware that our dining area can get rather…crowded.
I’ve commissioned a new dining hall.  It looks like our stay in Lesser Ardentdikes will be longer than we would like.

9 Slate
About three-quarters of the siege has left.  That one-quarter that remains though…
On another note, nobody will carry bone crafts to the stockpile!  Or gems!  I don’t know why this is!

OOC: Seriously, I can’t get finished goods stockpiles or gem stockpiles to work and I have no idea why.  They’ll take dump orders there and it’s not forbidden…

9 Felsite.
Sending our three steel-clad militiamen out to clear off three goblins turned out to be a horrible mistake.

Doors stop fire, right?

Glacial

• Bay Watcher
  • d~~
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 01, 2010, 08:04:06 pm »

I haven't had any luck getting the gem/custom finished goods stockpiles I laid out in .13 to work either. I assumed it was just dwarven laziness, but it sounds like it might be a shiny new bug.

Zaik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 01, 2010, 08:04:46 pm »

if you need someone else sign me up
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]

Tsarwash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 01, 2010, 08:12:02 pm »

I think that all of the stockpiles in greater ardentdike might still be active, even though they are awash with magma. If so, it might be wise to deactivate some of them. I created an emergeny field hospital just outside of the old one that might need deleting.
On the left a cannon which shoots dwarf children into the sun, on the right, a massive pit full of magma charred dwarfs and elves.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 01, 2010, 08:16:14 pm »

Holy shit. Turn. Requested.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 08:48:56 pm by Urist Imiknorris »
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Daetrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 01, 2010, 11:07:45 pm »

If there is anything still left I will take a stab at it!

if you need someone else sign me up

Holy shit. Turn. Requested.

List updated!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 11:09:20 pm by Daetrin »

Doors stop fire, right?

DuckThatQuacks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 02, 2010, 08:22:29 am »

From the Journal of Urist McDuck, Seer of Ardentdikes:

I warned her not to go, for I foresaw a great tragedy.

During the evacuation of Greater Ardentdikes, Feb Adilluk was invaluable, providing the panicking dwarves with a sense of security as they fled their homes (though, she once confessed to me, she was at best a novice with an axe). She was as sad and terrified as everyone else, but she stepped up to the role of militia commander and put on a brave face for the other dwarves. She was shy and awkward, but we all loved her.

When it became clear that three goblins remained after their main army had left, she wanted to lead her squad out to drive them off. I told her that if she did, they would almost certainly be slain. None of our soldiers, herself included, had ever wielded an axe in anger -- even without my Vision, I would have worried about how they would fare against battle-hardened goblins from the east.

"Will we at least drive the goblins off?" she asked me.
I started to reply: "You'll all--"
"As long as the goblins think they can camp out there with impunity, we'll never make it back to Greater Ardentdikes. Will we drive off the goblins?" she demanded.
"I don't know," I admitted.
"Then we'll chance it," she said, strapping on her helm. "It'd be nice if some of us actually got to go home someday." And with that, she left.

Alas, my Vision proved true.

Farewell, brave daughter of Ardentdikes, and we thank you.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 08:24:19 am by DuckThatQuacks »

Maquox

• Bay Watcher
  • Pump Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 04, 2010, 11:42:30 am »

Are we moving to .15 ?? I miss invaders :'(
Don't you just love magma-baked cookies?

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 04, 2010, 04:02:22 pm »

I would like to request a turn, please.

Pisano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 04, 2010, 04:12:14 pm »

Seth will save us.  They flooded the beautiful fortress with magma.  It was a place fit for a king, now it is a place fit for fire imps.

Daetrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 04, 2010, 06:47:49 pm »

I would like to request a turn, please.
Done.

Are we moving to .15 ?? I miss invaders :'(

Heck, I'm still using .12.  And Toady released .16, so it's fine if we upgrade to that.  (I didn't upgrade to .13 due to bugs, then .14, .15, and .16 came out so quickly...)

Also, sorry this is taking so long.  Work + framerate is kicking my butt.  Here's update 2 of 3.

With the siege over, I took care of some business…
Sadly, most of our stocks of precious metals are still in Greater Ardentdikes.  When the magma subsides, Feb shall have a real tomb.
Apparently we drove the goblins off just in time for the Elves to stop by…
Unfortunately, we lost our depot to the siege.  Who knows if we’ll get it up in time for them.

26 Felsite
Well, we threw together a depot, but we didn’t have the manpower to move all those unbinned bits of bone, what with people cleaning up after the siege…
So I just took a bunch of drink and berries from the elves.  Come on, what do you expect us to trade in our condition?  Besides, it gets them out of our beards.

1 Hemetite.
Summer, and it’s still raining.  I’ve spoken with our resident seer, and he’s told me that the magma is simply not reaching the point of greatest concern.
I believe we’ll have to route some magma in there directly before we can contemplate draining Ardentdikes.  I’m going to have to muck about with the dike plumbing, sadly, but it can always be fixed in the future.

7 Hemetite
Dariush seems to have some inspiration.  Let us hope he fares better than the last one…

17 Hemetite
I feel much safer for some reason…
Dariush seems to need cloth.  I’ll see what I can do for him, but I’m putting a door on his workshop as a precautionary measure.

24 Malachite.
Sadly, we did not have what Dariush needed, and seems to have fallen into a depression

Life goes on as usual for Ardentdikes.
The same day, 11 stout dwarves have decided to brave the dangers of Ardentdikes and join us.

Who knows?  They may even survive to see Greater Ardentdikes reclaimed.

Doors stop fire, right?

fivex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 04, 2010, 08:33:49 pm »

Can I have a turn?

Daetrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ardentdikes - Full of magma - (31.12) (Succession)
« Reply #239 on: October 05, 2010, 10:02:25 pm »

27 Malachite
We’ve got a fisherman, a carpenter, another bonecrafter, a craftsman, and a smattering of useless skills.  And a siege operator.  I just don’t know why some people come here.

4 Galena
I just realized that since we haven’t sorted out the paperwork from Greater Ardentdikes, most of the jobs that our manager assigns end up going, via, the normal sorting process, to workshops that nobody staffs.
Whoops.
I’ve told TauQuebb to visit the shops himself to make sure they got the instructions.  He grumbled, but there’s nothing I can do about it.  Also, the stockpile designations finally went through and people started hauling!  It’s amazing what will only be done after you produce the proper paperwork.

OOC: I have no idea why the stockpiles started working.  Oh well.  Also, now that we’ve flooded the whole place with magma, but I did some tests with letting dwarves in it and they all got instantly reinfected somehow.  I can’t find the source, so I’m using DFClean at this point.  Also, the amount of blood is hideous after that siege.  If the person after me wants to upgrade to .16 and turn off blood spatter tracking that might be a good idea.

14 Galena
The humans have arrived!  I’ve sent what bins we have full of junk to the depot so we can get some food from them.  With the extra mouths, our stores are looking a bit thin.

17 Galena
Of course.

23 Galena
Now that Rimtar’s bestirred himself, he’s purchased all the food and drink the human caravan had to offer.  It’s really too bad their armor is too big for us, given how much of it they had with them.
11 Limestone
A moment of silence for yet another unavoidable death.

19 Limestone.
I didn’t realize how many unburied dead we had.  Sixteen coffins in and I still haven’t gotten to Feb. I suppose I’ll just have to keep making them.

21 Limestone.
Now the food stockpile papers seem to have gotten lost.  This entire bureaucracy is a horrible mess.
OOC:  Yep, food stockpiles now not working.  Go figure.
5 Sandstone
Greater Ardentdikes is almost completely drained of magma!  We’ve decided to have a party.
Once the fires die down, we might start moving back in.

16 Sandstone
This could be bad.

18 Sandstone.
Whew.  Seer McDuck only needed two pieces of tetrahedrite.  I imagine this will be an interesting creation.

22 Sandstone
Well, it’s certainly an elaborate bed.

2 Timber
9 more hardy souls have braved the danger of ardentdikes!
That, or they really like the smell of freshly magma-scoured stone.  I know I do.

4 Timber
Finally!

13 Timber
Ahh, the caravan from home.

OOC: I think the stockpile funkiness is due to Greater Ardentdikes objects being tasked to fill the stockpiles, but of course they can’t be moved there…
I’ve begun a few cautious, very restricted forays into Greater Ardentdikes.  The magma leak still needs to be plugged, I’d all but forgotten about that, but it otherwise looks clean.  Other than the burning coal.

14 Moonstone
Success!

4 Opal
I have the beginning of the goblin-grinder style entrance finished.  I got the idea from one of my contacts in the Mountainhomes.
At the moment it’s only connected to Lesser Ardentdikes, but when we reopen Greater Ardentdikes…

24 Opal
The general good mood due to incipient reopening of Greater Ardentdikes seems to have infected a certain peasant.
We’ll see how this one goes.

3 Obsidian
Well, it’s a nifty figurine, but alder?

1 Granite 1062
And here we are.  I’m ready to pass off the actual task of repopulating Greater Ardentdikes to someone else.  It’s going to take more than a year, I expect.

And Save
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3226

Whew.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 10:04:12 pm by Daetrin »

Doors stop fire, right?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 76