Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 76

Author Topic: Ardentdikes - Absolute disaster - (31.25) (Succession)(Need Players!)  (Read 210722 times)

Zeocin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ardentdikes - We have ghosts! - (31.18) (Succession)
« Reply #405 on: December 15, 2010, 08:04:48 pm »

By "see" do you mean "fall in?"

Can't truly appreciate the beauty without closer inspection. Much closer :3

xczxc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: December 15, 2010, 08:42:44 pm »

Epic epic fort!. I believe you guys are making history. I must be part of this, please dwarf me as Tosid the other miner.

NightmareBros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: December 16, 2010, 04:42:45 pm »

Dangit Tsarwash where are you this fell on the second page again

Daetrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: December 16, 2010, 05:55:17 pm »

I PMed Tsarwash and got a reply, so he's at least looking at it.
All you need to know about Ardentdikes
It is really, really easy to flood this place with magma fwiw.

Doors stop fire, right?

Tsarwash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: December 17, 2010, 08:40:55 am »

Sorry. I've downloaded, but real life has interrupted today, I had to have a survey done and legal stuff. I'm going to be looking at it later today. I am completely open to suggestions from people about what I should spend my year doing, so feel free to comment and pipe in. I would like to finish Dariush's obsidian casting device, but I might need help, as I have not made one before.

Edit, bugger, I'm going to have to download 3.18 as well.
On the left a cannon which shoots dwarf children into the sun, on the right, a massive pit full of magma charred dwarfs and elves.

Glacial

• Bay Watcher
  • d~~
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: December 17, 2010, 12:32:08 pm »

Obsidian casting to fill in upper Ardentdikes' open areas would be awesome; I'm planning to take a crack at this on my turn if no one does before I get there.

Alternately, since fighting forgotten beasts is fun but dealing with their toxins is less fun, try designing a contaminant-resistant "airlock" between the caverns and Greater Ardentdikes, perhaps with a wading pool or showers to wash away the filth after battles with FBs are complete.

Zeocin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: December 17, 2010, 07:02:58 pm »

Obsidian casting to fill in upper Ardentdikes' open areas would be awesome; I'm planning to take a crack at this on my turn if no one does before I get there.

Alternately, since fighting forgotten beasts is fun but dealing with their toxins is less fun, try designing a contaminant-resistant "airlock" between the caverns and Greater Ardentdikes, perhaps with a wading pool or showers to wash away the filth after battles with FBs are complete.

I second all this. Ardentdikes is supposed to be dwarfy royal city.. absurd obsidian constructions, and menacing spikes, are a must.

mrbobbyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: December 17, 2010, 07:10:05 pm »

Having just spent some time in argentdikes, I agree.

What we really need to do is start making some crafts.  All I traded was goblinite and dwarfite.  I couldn't spare a clothier or a leatherworker, but we should be sewing some serious images so we can get some more migrants.
!!Elves!! would actually be kinda cool as a civ symbol.  !!Clowns!!, however, you get the impression they're on fire of their own free, malicious, evil, will.

Also, much scarier if literally clowns.

vrga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: December 17, 2010, 08:21:21 pm »

*is half tempted to give this a go*

will contact within the week if i'll be able to take on at least a single turn or not.
Zeocin's take on the current situation in Ardentdikes:
Otherwise known as the Release Urist Now Apocalyptic Weapon of Arse Yerking, or the R.U.N.A.W.A.Y. system.

Tsarwash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: December 18, 2010, 09:05:49 am »

Journal of Tsarwash Risequakes. 28th Obsidian 1066.

Upon my request, I persuaded my mother and father to travel to the noble town of Ardentdikes, to investigate and discover the demise of my mother’s brother, my uncle Tsarwash the Good. His rise to Lord Overseer was unexpected, as was his swift demise. For eight years we have been looking for answers to his fate, but nobody is the royal palace seemed interested in providing answers. We have been resident here for nearly a year and despite repeated pestering, nobody seems to have any inclination to talk about the dark past of this settlement. Almost on a daily basis I have been trying to gain audience with Urist the Mayor but he has always managed to avoid me, citing more pressing matters, I am sure that I heard him mutter ‘beasts’ under his breath. Finally after six months of haranging, this afternoon he agreed to meet, and then he offered me much more than I expected. He has offered me temporary control of the whole settlement to find out what I need to know despite my young age. I am only thirteen years old, but now have power and control over all of my peers. I am strong and stout, and have wisdom beyond my short years, and I know that my instant rise to power shall not affect me as it has done to others. Of course I have no idea how to run such a place, so firstly I have arranged a council to aid me in decision making. But before this I want to find out why I have been cursed with having foul dark dreams that seem to occur every night when I sleep. They have been getting worse recently. My feeling is that I need to build a grand shrine to Savot the Untouchable.

Please tell me that Therapist works with 3.18. Please..
On the left a cannon which shoots dwarf children into the sun, on the right, a massive pit full of magma charred dwarfs and elves.

mrbobbyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: December 18, 2010, 09:34:39 am »

Therapist works!

You are saved!
!!Elves!! would actually be kinda cool as a civ symbol.  !!Clowns!!, however, you get the impression they're on fire of their own free, malicious, evil, will.

Also, much scarier if literally clowns.

NightmareBros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: December 18, 2010, 09:37:23 am »

Why do you want to therapy away something like that?
Take a leaf out of Sethycreed's book and have it in the story - you know, being haunted by Tsarwash the good so you avoid the pitfalls that he fell into, or somehting.

Maquox

• Bay Watcher
  • Pump Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: December 18, 2010, 10:14:22 pm »

Totally OOC:
Tsarwash, how can you live with Papyrus as your default font?
</OOC>

I think we should devise a plan to join an entrance to Ardentdikes with the underworld and the surface, totally controllable with levers and such, so that we can redirect sieges into beasts and soldiers into gobbos, for example.

Somewhat like a three-way passage, with the above described place to control plague.
Don't you just love magma-baked cookies?

uggi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: December 19, 2010, 05:13:11 am »

I think we should devise a plan to join an entrance to Ardentdikes with the underworld and the surface, totally controllable with levers and such, so that we can redirect sieges into beasts and soldiers into gobbos, for example.

Dig an entrance into Urist's chamber. In case of emergency seal the rest of the fortress and release Urist's wrath.

Zeocin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: December 19, 2010, 03:43:04 pm »

Dig an entrance into Urist's chamber. In case of emergency seal the rest of the fortress and release Urist's wrath.

Otherwise known as the Release Urist Now Apocalyptic Weapon of Arse Yerking, or the R.U.N.A.W.A.Y. system.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 76