Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 76

Author Topic: Ardentdikes - Absolute disaster - (31.25) (Succession)(Need Players!)  (Read 212334 times)

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ardentdikes - Absolute disaster - (31.25) (Succession)(Need Players!)
« Reply #1020 on: October 19, 2011, 08:21:33 pm »

Dorf me plz!
Dwarf Fortress: Your game is working on giving NPC's lives. Our game is working on giving them a working nervous system.
Aahhh I can't find the fish cakes in the bunny level, they keep getting enraged and I don't have any holy hand grenades
The Age of Myth: Goldenhold

Daetrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: October 26, 2011, 06:40:34 am »

How goes it, Marc?
All you need to know about Ardentdikes
It is really, really easy to flood this place with magma fwiw.

Doors stop fire, right?

NightmareBros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: November 05, 2011, 07:19:04 pm »

so uh

are we gonna pass marc? it's been aquite a while since any news from him

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: November 06, 2011, 05:19:49 am »

Sorry guys you should pass me, i've been pretty busy at work these last 2 weeks, overtime, working saturdays: ick. :(
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Daetrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: November 06, 2011, 08:18:29 am »

Yeah, we totally need more people.  I can take a stab at it but I am also horrendously busy IRL so I can't guarantee anything.
All you need to know about Ardentdikes
It is really, really easy to flood this place with magma fwiw.

Doors stop fire, right?

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: November 06, 2011, 03:52:14 pm »

Well... I do have some free time here and there, but university will take some of it. The good news is that I've ordered a beefier computer and should handle the save easier. I prefer to wait till after the 11th though, to use what time I have for an exam and build said computer etc.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: November 07, 2011, 01:59:52 pm »

We need a turn by SethCreyid the Awesome.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: November 18, 2011, 09:06:13 am »

*necromantic thunder*
All right, here's the deal:

Old computer out.
New computer in.
Done.

Bad news: Skyrim is to me what a kitten is to a mindless dwarf. So, there won't be much time for DF in the near future.
Good news: Pretty solid FPS at 23 if not more on the current save, which makes Ardentdikes slightly more playable for storytelling.

That's the current state of things. I'm sure others' times are pressed as well what with the November video game release madness and life (as always). In any case, I'm bumping Ardentdikes up to the front page. Ardentdikes doesn't deserve third page. We need to recruit more homicidal cutthroats and madmen so this fort can go on!

As we all surely know, Ardentdikes isn't about winning or losing, but taking insanity to its next absurd level.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Maquox

• Bay Watcher
  • Pump Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: November 28, 2011, 01:05:20 am »

Hello everyone!

I was lost in the treacherous waters of RL, but I'm here now.
What The Fart is going on here!?
Don't you just love magma-baked cookies?

melkorp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: December 01, 2011, 11:29:24 am »

I'll take the next available turn!
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...It should be pretty fun though.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: December 01, 2011, 06:38:26 pm »

I think that means it's your turn, melpkorp.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

melkorp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: December 01, 2011, 10:30:01 pm »

My turn.  Sweet!
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...It should be pretty fun though.

melkorp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: December 01, 2011, 11:30:21 pm »

My turn.  Sweet!

Did I say sweet?  Because I meant AAAAA OH GOD WHAT THE HELL??

Ardentdikes
a poem by Melkorp:

melkorp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: December 02, 2011, 11:26:23 am »

Migrant, huh?  That's great, welcome to Ardentdikes.  Thanks for joining us.  Yeah.  I'm Melkorp, the new Overseer.  I'm also the manager and bookeeper.  Let me show you around, meet some dwarves.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Here's the main courtyard. Oh, there's NotPete, hey NotPete!  He's being chased by Iden the Engraver's vengeful ghost through the rapidly flooding courtyard of rotting corpses, vomit, and deadly poison.  Yeah, Dariush started flooding it ten minutes ago, just before he, uh, quit.  Maybe we should get out of here and go look for that shutoff lever, huh?  I could actually use the help because there's like seventy five fucking levers in this fort, ha ha ha!  Heh. 

Seriously though, let's get the fuck out of here, we're totally about to drown. See you, Pete!  See you, Iden's vengeful ghost!

Ok, this is New Ardentdikes ... I think ... It's a little cramped and sprawly and half of it is totally underwater, but on the other hand we have ninety six fucking levers.  Hey, do you like rhesus macaque meat?  You should seriously have some, cause we've got over 43,000 servings and if I eat it even one more time I might go -- oh, there's Udib, hey Udib!  He's being chased by Rith the Metalsmith's angry ghost.  Maybe we should send in the military.  Oh, that's right, we don't have a military commander.  Got an Arsenal Dwarf though.  Yeah, I never heard of it either.  See you, Udib!  See you, Rith's angry ghost!  Hey, you know anything about carving slabs?

I just gotta deliver this note to the Urist McDuck, the Mayor, Dariush gave it to me right before he, uh, resigned.

You know what, migrant?  Why don't you hold on to this warrant and, you know, maybe slide it under the Mayor's door when you get a second.  Thanks, man.    Never open the door though, no matter what he says.  Hmm?  Well, because he's actually more of a mass-murdering, psycho enemy of our civilization than a mayor.  But his mandates are quite reasonable.  Politicians, am I right?  Ha ha ha!  Seriously, don't open that fucking door, migrant.

Maybe this is New Ardentdikes.  We should ask somebody.  Wow, that cat has no legs ... here, kitty!  Huh.  You're wearing shoes, aren't you, migrant?  Good. 

Hey, do you craft?  We've got a great workshop, and wait 'til you see our artifacts!  Oh no, wait, we had to wall it all up because the floor is totally on permanent fire somehow.  Sorry about all the corpses, we really need coffins but everybody's making steel picks and sewing cloth images instead AAAA WHAT THE FUCK??  WHAT THE -- 

Sorry, that just slipped out, huh?  I'm a little stressed.  Hmm?  Oh, you know, typical Overseer stuff.  Well, like for instance the only competent member of our military has barricaded himself and his 'manager' in an iron fort with three fourths of our food and booze and booby trapped the only entrance which is suspended over magma and theres a big eyeless dinosaur killing anyone who tries to finish the magma pump, so no one can stop the volcano from leaking into the underground sea of pus, poison, egg yolk and salt which is itself mysteriously draining into somewhere probably a whole lot worse. 

Oh, fuck me, the courtyard's still flooding!  It was good to meet you, migrant, but I gotta run; if you wanna make make a coffin or carve a slab, or kill a fucking dinosaur that'd actually help me out a lot.  I gotta pull some levers.

Okay, I'm going to take a day to actually read this whole thread so I can better understand how Ardentdikes 'works'.  It's running pretty fast, all things considered.  If anyone's got a pet megaproject needs completion or just requests in general, let me know because I have no plans and not many clues.           
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 12:39:05 pm by melkorp »

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: December 04, 2011, 11:35:48 pm »

I've got no plans and not many clues
Welcome to Ardentdikes.  Enjoy your stay!
On a more helpful note, try looking on the 2nd or 3rd level, northish of where the aboveground complex is for the lever, there were a bunch there for the gate complex. Also, the notes were really helpful when it was my turn, try reading through them. 
Most of all, good luck. You're going to need it.
FYI, I love the way you wrote your intro. :)
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 76