Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

Upgraded nobles that actually do some work (long)

(1/2) > >>

Tamren:
i had fun writing this  :)

JT:
Just for some clarification, the names "House Ber" and "House Fer" are taken straight from the dwarven language in the game's raws, so any other guild names you make up should be made out of the same dwarven language parts and not taken from scratch.

Tamren:
I did think of that. But i thought it would be nicer to give each of them an actual name instead of "House Beast" or "House Earth" as Fer and Ber translate into.Besides, how could you not like the name "House Kaboom"    :D[ May 26, 2007: Message edited by: Tamren ]

slMagnvox:
Along the lines of this suggestion, the Order of the <weapon> Nobles could require a barracks instead of an office.  Soldiers set to wield a Spear will from then on train at the High Spear's gym.And if we get more customizable barracks (min/max skill levels, allow/disallow squads), this would tie into gameplay quite nicely.

Tamren:
Aye, we also need to figure out WHY the Orders Militant are so interested in training dwarves, you have not hired them or anything although they would recieve a salary just like all the other nobles.I guess a good explanation would be that each weapon order considers perfection in skill with a weapon or other combat discipline to be the ultimate accomplishment. They would hold to that with almost religious fervor.So its not really about being a drill sargeant. More like passing on the knowledge and combat skills of previous generations onto the new generation of fighters and making sure that such knowledge is never forgotten.Yeah that sounds about right.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version