Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: Rice - What to put on the stuff.  (Read 30536 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Rice - What to put on the stuff.
« on: June 28, 2010, 11:43:03 pm »

I have started to love to eat rice...the only problem is that my rice eating has very little variety. Here is what I have done:
a.) Tuna and Cheese
b.) Cheese
c.) Soy Sauce
d.) Cheese and Soy Sauce

So...I need more ideas. What tastes good on rice?
Nom nom nom.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rice - What to put on the stuff.
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 11:44:37 pm »

How about sweet and sour chicken? I love that one.

If you're looking for something besides Asian foods, Mexican food often has rice in it.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 11:45:24 pm »

Put butter on it. Lots of butter.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 11:46:25 pm »

If you're looking for something besides Asian foods, Mexican food often has rice in it.
Meh, I don't really like the way mexican brown rice is cooked. White and fluffy is the bestest.

Actually, I did that once, but not recently. I should do it again. Nom nom nom.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 11:47:59 pm »

a.) Tuna and Cheese
b.) Cheese
d.) Cheese and Soy Sauce
...The hell? Cheese on rice? Do you mean slices or melted American cheese? The first I could understand, but the second...

I advise anything tangy or spicy. Rice is actually one of the best things to eat with spicy food because it alleviates the pain and just leaves that nice mild burn. If you have an international food store nearby you might want to try to acquire some kimchi.

Also, what kind if rice are you eating? Brown rice has a much different texture and taste from white rice, the the point where soy sauce doesn't really work with brown rice.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 11:50:08 pm »

Meh, I don't really like the way mexican brown rice is cooked. White and fluffy is the bestest.

Actually, I did that once, but not recently. I should do it again. Nom nom nom.

I hear that if your diet consists mainly of white rice, you'll get a vitamin deficiency, but given the modern diet, I don't think you have to worry about it.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2010, 11:50:34 pm »

If you're not already using it, eat sushi rice. You don't have to make it from regular rice, you can just buy it at Japanese food stores or some supermarkets. It's effing delicious and having grown up on it I find it hard to eat other kinds now.

Also, teriyaki beef/chicken is delicious on rice. But that's less of a topping and more of a separate meal, so make what you will of that.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2010, 11:58:16 pm »

Try marmalade. It sounds gross, but it is pretty tasty.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2010, 12:01:22 am »

If you're not already using it, eat sushi rice. You don't have to make it from regular rice, you can just buy it at Japanese food stores or some supermarkets. It's effing delicious and having grown up on it I find it hard to eat other kinds now.

Also, teriyaki beef/chicken is delicious on rice. But that's less of a topping and more of a separate meal, so make what you will of that.
What's special about sushi rice? Anyways, Alton Brown had a special on it, so it must be good  :P
Try marmalade. It sounds gross, but it is pretty tasty.
This sounds...weird..but could be good. :)

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2010, 12:02:34 am »

Fried rice. You can't go wrong.

I do not know how to cook with a wok, but you can put chicken, egg, peas, and soy/brown sauce in it to make a delicious dinner using steamed white rice. Substitute different meats, such as beef or pork, or throw all the kinds of animal you can get a hold of and make a Happy Family.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2010, 12:04:04 am »

Fried Rice: Der.
Fried rice mixed with chicken or corned beef.
Rice with barbecue sauce on it. (I have no idea why I ever tried that.)
Basically almost anything you could think of goes with rice.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2010, 12:19:23 am »

What's special about sushi rice?

I don't know exactly since I've never checked what it is that separates it from regular white rice, but it tastes less grainy and is more delicious. I think it's something to do with the coating?

I do not know how to cook with a wok, but <...>

Cooking with woks is wicked. You can just use it like a pan if you want, but it really opens up a lot of other ways to cook at the same time, and you can fit crazy amounts of food in it. Woks are just awesome.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2010, 12:25:19 am »

Since you all know everything about everything, I love Mongolian beef, and I'd love to know what that savory sauce is that they use. I don't think it's soy, as soy tends to be really salty, and a little tart by itself, and it's not teriyaki. My only clues are it's dark brown, and is absolutely delicious when I drain the sweet, sweet leftovers from my main dish into white/fried rice. It may or may not be the same sauce in kung pow beef, but I'd love to know for the Mongolian beef.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2010, 12:28:54 am »

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2010, 12:30:01 am »

Tabasco.

Try cooking it with a chicken bullion cube.

Lemon.

Garlic.

Even the avatars expire eventually.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10