Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Let's Make! (Dathida's Legacy, a graphical roguelike)  (Read 12745 times)

Lemunde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Make! (Dathida's Legacy, a graphical roguelike)
« Reply #105 on: July 24, 2010, 02:18:09 pm »

Between the heat and people getting sick I haven't been able to get much done. Hopefully by Monday everything will be back in full swing and I'll be able to do regular updates again.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 27, 2010, 02:42:29 pm »

What pathing forumula are you planning to use?

Lemunde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 28, 2010, 06:37:00 pm »

Sorry for the lack of updates.  Real life kinda threw a wrench into things and progress will be slow for a while.  I did manage to get some equipping going on so it hasn't come to a complete halt yet.  The player can now wield swords, knives, potions, corpses, etc..  Of course just because you can wield something doesn't mean it will do any damage but it's still fun to see my human swinging a goblin corpse around.  I tweaked corpses so that they can do some damage so you'll be able to beat things to death with a corpse if that's how you roll.

What pathing forumula are you planning to use?

I'm using a version of A* that someone was kind enough to offer the source code for anyone to use.  There's actually a lot of free pathfinding routines out there but they don't always plug in very easily.  So far this one seems pretty reliable.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]