Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

Megabeast histories on their remains

(1/2) > >>

Riemann:
After reading all the cool dev reports about megabeast histories lately I think it would be great if, in some future version, that info was visible somehow from their remains. EG: When a bonze colossus dies and you put up its "statue" in your dining room it would be cool to be able to View the thing and see this history of the colussus.Also: other trophies similar to the colusus statues for other megabeasts (even if they just act like statues) would be great. An ettins skull or a dragons hide on display would rock.

Derakon:
To take that idea and run with it, it'd be cool if you could stuff and mount any corpses you get. This would make a piece of furniture like a statue, but dwarves would appreciate them based not only on the quality of the stuffing job, but also their animal likes and dislikes. Stuffing would probably be a tanner or alchemist job, and mounting a craftsdwarf job requiring a stuffed creature and a unit of wood, stone, or metal, as appropriate to the labor.

SirPenguin:
I'd really like to push a scar/notable wounds system. Scars would have their own history, as would wounds (missing legs and the like). If they're alive, you could ask them about the scar/wound, or if they're dead, you could inspect it.You could also incorporate it into items eventually. Maybe a ancient shield has a huge gash in it from when Urist McPoordward blocked a vicious blow from a goblin warlord.

Neonivek:
I personally think history should start to step away from instant history giving and more towards engravings, books, stories, epiphany, investigation, and possibly divine insight. Though that is not going to come until MUCH LATER.The most history that should come from a corpse should be possibly:
1) The fact that it is dead
2) Who killed it: If it is obvious or there is some sort of investigation skillFor now however... The Toady's View all History code as well as the fact that all history becomes available after killing a creature will have to mostly do.Though I guess being able to see all history of a being from corpses is alright for now given that without Toady's code to be there is little you can do about learning from already dead creatures.

Slooth:
quote:Originally posted by SirPenguin:
I'd really like to push a scar/notable wounds system. Scars would have their own history, as would wounds (missing legs and the like). If they're alive, you could ask them about the scar/wound, or if they're dead, you could inspect it.You could also incorporate it into items eventually. Maybe a ancient shield has a huge gash in it from when Urist McPoordward blocked a vicious blow from a goblin warlord.To complement this, I demand prostheses for missing limbs and eyepatches.You may see were this is going.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version