Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: What do you listen to while playing?  (Read 7287 times)

Spartan-67

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What do you listen to while playing?
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2010, 03:30:04 pm »

System of a Down

Nothing can match up with that
It is ineffecient, will accomplish next to nothing, and is complete overkill. It will also probably not work. In other words, dwarfy.

Africa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2010, 03:40:11 pm »

Right now? MGMT and Dusty Springfield (she's the one that sang "Son of a Preacher Man" from Pulp Fiction, which if you're not familiar with, you have to stop posting on these forums right now and go watch a damn classic of American cinema)
Quote from: Cthulhu
It's like using hobos to fight an eating-resistant baloney epidemic.

Shrugging Khan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2010, 03:43:40 pm »

Go watch The Professional instead, a supreme classic of international cinema with an even better soundtrack  ;D
Not a troll, not some basement-dwelling neckbeard, but indeed a hateful, rude little person. On the internet.
I'm actually quite nice IRL, but you people have to pay the price for that.

Now stop being distracted by the rudeness, quit your accusations of trollery, and start arguing like real men!

Oglokoog

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERNET_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2010, 04:12:37 pm »

Electronic/Techno/Speedkore  from my favorite artist: LapFoxTrax
But what about the drum'n'bass, the dubstep, the hardhouse and the chiptunes? These need love too, you know?

And well, as for me... the same stuff that I always listen to. All kinds of drum & bass, psytrance, trip-hop (mostly SeventhSwami and Massive Attack, in order of personal importance) and just about anything that was made using a synth. It's not that I don't like  non-electronic music, I just like electronic music so much more there's no time in my listening schedule for anything else. Seriously. I spend most of my waking time listening to music.
So we got monsters above, monsters below, dwarves in the middle and a party in the dining hall. Sounds good to me.
If all else fails, remember one thing:  kittens are delicious, nutritious little goblin-baiters, cavern explorers, and ambush-finders.

godisdead132

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven B.L.T. Beer Liquor and Tantrums
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2010, 06:01:26 pm »

i just love the ideas you can get while listening to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJVs3qprmSw good for genocide planning also reminds me of a certain thread
may your lånem nentuk & zodost i hope your rÜsh is dezrem & serkib
1. Start DF
2. Mainline Whiskey untill it all makes sense (even dwarven behavior)
3. Pass Out.

Tokkius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2010, 06:31:31 pm »

No music. Movies, shows, etc. Mostly stand-up comedy and conversational stuff.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2010, 07:37:58 pm »

I dunno, listening to Ed Byrne while playing will probably get me killed.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2010, 09:04:33 pm »

But what about the drum'n'bass, the dubstep, the hardhouse and the chiptunes? These need love too, you know?

And well, as for me... the same stuff that I always listen to. All kinds of drum & bass, psytrance, trip-hop (mostly SeventhSwami and Massive Attack, in order of personal importance) and just about anything that was made using a synth. It's not that I don't like  non-electronic music, I just like electronic music so much more there's no time in my listening schedule for anything else. Seriously. I spend most of my waking time listening to music.
You heard Daft Punk? Kings of electronic/dance music right there.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2010, 09:09:04 pm »

this is going to sound rather blasphemous, but I don't get the big deal. they're... boring.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2010, 10:31:07 pm »

KILL THE BLASPHEMER! DO IT NOW!

Shogger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2010, 01:47:08 am »

This one song by Baroness, Cockroach en Fleur, sounds alot like the DF game music.

Oglokoog

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERNET_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2010, 02:39:05 pm »

Daft Punk are kinda meh. But yeah, I listen to them sometimes, got their discography downloaded and all.
So we got monsters above, monsters below, dwarves in the middle and a party in the dining hall. Sounds good to me.
If all else fails, remember one thing:  kittens are delicious, nutritious little goblin-baiters, cavern explorers, and ambush-finders.

runiq

• Bay Watcher
  • Jabber: runiq at draugr dot de
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art account.
« Reply #57 on: August 03, 2010, 03:00:37 pm »

This, on repeat, for hours on end. It perfectly captures what’s going on in most of my fortresses.

I don’t speak Scandinavian, though, so YMMV

Oglokoog

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERNET_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 03, 2010, 03:37:03 pm »

I don’t speak Scandinavian.

What about North-american?

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 03, 2010, 03:57:47 pm »

North-American? Clarify please.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5