Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 342

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: The Development Page  (Read 1561116 times)

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: The Development Page
« Reply #1275 on: October 07, 2010, 09:25:59 am »

Many thanks.

Edit: Wait, that was not what I meant. I need dwarves to dump (not refuse-stockpile) outdoor stuff.

Please?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 10:03:49 am by MagmaMcFry »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: October 07, 2010, 10:31:54 am »

Many thanks.

Edit: Wait, that was not what I meant. I need dwarves to dump (not refuse-stockpile) outdoor stuff.

Please?
You need to have outdoors refuse collecting enabled in order to be able to dump outdoors stuff.
Love, scriver~

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: October 07, 2010, 10:35:30 am »

It didn't work when I tried it. Even so, I would like to have dumping separated from refuse hauling.

Quatch

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_ GRADSTUDENT]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch? Sometimes..
« Reply #1278 on: October 07, 2010, 10:37:54 am »

Its not ideal, but I mass forbid everything outside (including auto forbid death stuff) then only unforbid as I want it dumped or reclaimed.
SAVE THE PHILOSOPHER!
>>KillerClowns: It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarven science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".
>>Orius: I plan my forts with some degree of paranoia.  It's kept me somewhat safe.

tfaal

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Ello, 'ello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: October 07, 2010, 11:45:13 am »

My reaction to the latest dev post could best be described as an imaginationgasm. My brain exploded with possibilities, and then I just sat there with a big grin on my face, basking in it.

EDIT: Hey Toady, are you planning on removing the superhuman attributes for adventurers any time soon? Since we're going to have some less fearsome opponents in the near future, it would be cool if they were still a challenge.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 03:55:24 pm by tfaal »
I still think that the whole fortress should be flooded with magma the moment you try dividing by zero.
This could be a handy way of teaching preschool children mathematics.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: October 08, 2010, 06:50:33 am »

Very lovely indeed:
Quote from: Toady
There will also be some night creature additions for dwarf mode which might work better as surprises, he he he

However, Toady, you need to work at that evil laugh of yours. ;)
Love, scriver~

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: October 08, 2010, 06:58:07 am »

Yep work on it get a bit more manic with a teaspoon of madness and then add this to the next df-talk :P

Will randomisation tags make it into the Raws with next version? Half-random nasties would actually be neat.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: October 08, 2010, 07:15:49 am »

There have been suggestions for a CE_HALLUCINATIONS syndrome effect that sporadically causes dwarves to be interrupted by nonexistant creatures. Is this going to happen at some point, and if so, will this be used by phantom spiders, which currently lack venom?

Because dwarves seeing imaginary fiends of crystal glass is so much fun in the middle of an HFS invasion.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: October 08, 2010, 07:29:00 am »

Hallucinations encompass more then just seeing "creatures" you can also get tactile or acoustic hallus - actually a Hallucination can target every freaking sense so i would think there must be a framework for that (which could also be used for visions dreams etc.) Hallus also exhibit certain degrees of "reality" thus a one Hallu would be more realistic to someone then another.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: October 08, 2010, 07:36:03 am »

Yep work on it get a bit more manic with a teaspoon of madness and then add this to the next df-talk :P

Will randomisation tags make it into the Raws with next version? Half-random nasties would actually be neat.
That's unlikely, unfortunately. Toady mentioned the possibility of random dragons in the raws, but it would be more scripts than tags.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #1285 on: October 08, 2010, 07:40:48 am »

World where dragonds do not have fire breath!
World where elves come to snatch children!
World where fungiwood is as hard as rock and can be used to make mechanisms and thrones!

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: October 08, 2010, 07:42:21 am »

Because dwarves seeing imaginary fiends of crystal glass is so much fun in the middle of an HFS invasion.
Wait a moment, I just got a fantastic idea regarding hallucinations:

Pointy McSword slashes Gruesome McBeast in the neck!
Royal McMajesty has bled to death.

Hallucinations could involve seeing enemies in arbitrary creatures.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: October 08, 2010, 11:35:41 am »

And now the latest dev post makes me want to play in a world entirely transformed into Night Creatures.

tfaal

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Ello, 'ello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: October 08, 2010, 11:42:31 am »

I understand the difficulty of transferring wounds after transformation, but transferring equipment seems like it should be a simple matter of "Does the new creature have the part this was equipped on? If not, drop the item, if so, equip it." Is there some intricacy I'm missing here?
I still think that the whole fortress should be flooded with magma the moment you try dividing by zero.
This could be a handy way of teaching preschool children mathematics.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: October 08, 2010, 12:00:48 pm »

Really starting to look forward to this.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 342