Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 342

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: The Development Page  (Read 1561912 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: The Development Page
« Reply #2790 on: December 28, 2010, 10:44:27 pm »

hum anyone know if it's been answered that eggs will actually hatch into animals, as opposed to being a food product.  Such as birds hatching from eggs, along with possibly dragons?
Nom nom nom

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #2791 on: December 28, 2010, 10:46:13 pm »

hum anyone know if it's been answered that eggs will actually hatch into animals, as opposed to being a food product.  Such as birds hatching from eggs, along with possibly dragons?
I think its very likely. As when Toady spoke about Eggs last was in the Dwarf Talk podcast, ane he commented that eggs turning into other creatures should defiantly be going in.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: December 29, 2010, 10:16:16 am »

eggs hatching chairs actually and growing into tables... to illustrate the mechanism. :)

...Though I'd think this line of inquiry very usefull in the case of elven settlements. As they don't cut trees, they'll have to somehow harvest saplings and hatch them into chairs and stuff.
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #2793 on: December 29, 2010, 11:10:22 am »

about the elven tree thing, I thought that trees would give them limbs (that were injured/damaged/infected etc. and others) in a process that doesn't harm the tree.

I expect eggs to turn into grenades for folks  ;) if we can mod them (*winks at the Great Toad*)
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

tfaal

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Ello, 'ello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: December 29, 2010, 02:38:02 pm »

I always thought of the Elves as simply logging in moderation and having druids (presumably standing in for the nature spirit) bless the process. Their main beef with dwarven and human logging is that it cuts in on their monopoly.
I still think that the whole fortress should be flooded with magma the moment you try dividing by zero.
This could be a handy way of teaching preschool children mathematics.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2795 on: December 29, 2010, 02:40:47 pm »

And the fact that the humans and dwarves just CHOP EVERYTHING.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2796 on: December 29, 2010, 02:42:13 pm »

I see them more having way to much wood, and need to get rid of it all, at knifepoint, if needed.

they just get so pissed off when they see you cutting your own wood, that they throw theirs at you.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #2797 on: December 29, 2010, 03:05:49 pm »

lol
kinda it makes sense
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #2798 on: December 29, 2010, 03:07:34 pm »

I see them more having way to much wood, and need to get rid of it all, at knifepoint, if needed.

they just get so pissed off when they see you cutting your own wood, that they throw theirs at you.
I am sigging that. Mainly because it's awesome, and secondly because I'm tired of people getting pissy when i quote something with my name in it.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2799 on: December 29, 2010, 03:50:38 pm »

Elves are allergic to wood, they just don't know how to live outside of the forest. Trading to elves is like when you give some hyper-Tschernobylian mutant cannibalist some plutonium and then wonder why he's suddenly barfing all over your face.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #2800 on: December 29, 2010, 05:04:52 pm »

Elves are allergic to wood, they just don't know how to live outside of the forest. Trading to elves is like when you give some hyper-Tschernobylian mutant cannibalist some plutonium and then wonder why he's suddenly barfing all over your face.
Then how do they tolerate their wooden weapons?

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: December 29, 2010, 05:09:31 pm »

Anybody here read the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan? I've always imagined that elves harvest trees in a manner similar to the Ogier, giant peaceful troll-like creatures who have the ability to Treesing. Sung wood is a valuable commodity in universe, and the only time it happens "on screen" it is used to turn a sapling into a quarterstaff, presumably in a way that did not hurt the tree.

That is, when I'm not imagining Elves as some kind of medieval Mafia with a penchant for pine.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: December 30, 2010, 12:29:57 am »

All the towns were completely scrapped for a big, slow overhaul. As development continues, the level of complexity in towns will eventually reach and surpass the complexity of towns in older versions.

No we want it now! who cares about development? (joke)

Rip0k

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: December 30, 2010, 04:48:14 am »

ehh.. Playing the Best-Game-Ever, and it just keeps getting better and better and more epic with each release. Only Toady_One can Improve perfection! ^^

Need to earn some $ and figure out how the donation works. This is my main task for a new year.
Rip0k cancels chillin, struck down by water pipe shot!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: December 30, 2010, 07:50:07 am »

Anybody here read the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan? I've always imagined that elves harvest trees in a manner similar to the Ogier, giant peaceful troll-like creatures who have the ability to Treesing. Sung wood is a valuable commodity in universe, and the only time it happens "on screen" it is used to turn a sapling into a quarterstaff, presumably in a way that did not hurt the tree.

Good series. A bit too short for my taste.

That's what I assumed the elves did as well.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 342