Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 342

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: The Development Page  (Read 1549570 times)

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: The Development Page
« Reply #1245 on: October 01, 2010, 10:45:26 am »

Toady please, before you start fully on adventure mode, throw in a quick fix to the soldiers equipping only 1 boot or 1 glove and leaving the other limb unprotected, usually happens when they upgrade their shit. It's gotten so many dwarves killed in combat it's not even funny, and I bet it could be fixed pretty easily.
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: October 01, 2010, 07:34:46 pm »

Toady please, before you start fully on adventure mode, throw in a quick fix to the soldiers equipping only 1 boot or 1 glove and leaving the other limb unprotected, usually happens when they upgrade their shit. It's gotten so many dwarves killed in combat it's not even funny, and I bet it could be fixed pretty easily.
I got this earlier today, my adamantine cans dwarves were wearing one gauntlet only. One sorry can dwarf got his shield hand cut off by goblins, then got stabbed in the throat because he couldn't block the spear, because he lost his shield. He died shortly after.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats? Check. FPS? Uh-oh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: October 01, 2010, 08:30:36 pm »

While you're at it, would it be possible to make dwarves wear their claimed clothes again?  Having civilians who aren't wearing any shoes in spite of owning them (and soldiers lacking footwear on one foot) step in forgotten beast *something-or-other* and get poisoned has killed far too many of my forts.  And since it isn't something that can currently be avoided (especially with the current infinitely-expanding blood bug) except by keeping titans completely away from the fort...  I'd really appreciate that fix.  Please?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 11:43:59 am by Dame de la Licorne »
If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Don't worry people, sometimes -moments occur

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: October 01, 2010, 10:16:12 pm »

Regarding posting bug reports in this thread: if they're on the bug tracker and well-tagged, Toady will get to it when he gets to it. You don't see me complaining about liquid glob breath attacks coming out solid.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats? Check. FPS? Uh-oh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: October 02, 2010, 09:38:14 am »

Regarding posting bug reports in this thread: if they're on the bug tracker and well-tagged, Toady will get to it when he gets to it. You don't see me complaining about liquid glob breath attacks coming out solid.

Point taken.  My apologies.
If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Don't worry people, sometimes -moments occur

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: October 02, 2010, 10:17:05 am »

I got this earlier today, my adamantine cans dwarves were wearing one gauntlet only. One sorry can dwarf got his shield hand cut off by goblins, then got stabbed in the throat because he couldn't block the spear, because he lost his shield. He died shortly after.

Yes, that is exactly what I mean, it's not a "fun" bug, it's a military-crippling bug that should go in .15 (new devlog says toady started on some bugfixes) so PLEASE let this fix be one of them!

but I was under the impression that this thread was for talking of anything related to future versions :<
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

tfaal

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Ello, 'ello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: October 02, 2010, 10:48:40 am »

As long as it's discussion, then talking about bugs is fine. However, if you want the issue to be addressed by Toady, it's best to take it to the bug tracker. Greentexting it just further slows the Q&A process.
I still think that the whole fortress should be flooded with magma the moment you try dividing by zero.
This could be a handy way of teaching preschool children mathematics.

lastofthelight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: October 02, 2010, 11:11:42 am »

Toady, your awesome, and you've created a wonderful game. Someday, when I have money and am not borderline homeless because my physics and astrophysics degrees were as useless as an English degree, I will give you lots.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: October 02, 2010, 11:13:24 am »

Btw. just noticed some posts were out-moderrated. Sorry for derailing the tread earlyer toady.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Gentle Manne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: October 03, 2010, 12:23:30 pm »

Toady, your awesome, and you've created a wonderful game. Someday, when I have money and am not borderline homeless because my physics and astrophysics degrees were as useless as an English degree, I will give you lots.

I can relate to that. Toady deserves my money, but I don't have any. ;_;

tfaal

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Ello, 'ello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: October 03, 2010, 05:31:11 pm »

Are invasion forces now drawn from the invading nation's entity populations, or are they still spawned ex nihilo? Assuming the later, how soon is this expected to be rectified?
I still think that the whole fortress should be flooded with magma the moment you try dividing by zero.
This could be a handy way of teaching preschool children mathematics.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: October 04, 2010, 10:37:39 am »

Finally there are some new refuse pile options (skulls, bones, shells, horns/hooves, teeth).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: October 04, 2010, 01:23:15 pm »

Finally there are some new refuse pile options (skulls, bones, shells, horns/hooves, teeth).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

There's a 'YES' backwards in the video url and it's another reason to laugh at this.
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: October 04, 2010, 02:31:35 pm »

WOOHOO! such a little thing. Such a big difference in gameplay.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Quatch

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_ GRADSTUDENT]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch? Sometimes..
« Reply #1259 on: October 05, 2010, 11:45:24 am »

Now that 31.x has been out awhile, what should we call this new version level?

I ask, because 2010 is coming to an end, and the wiki still refers to DF2010 as the current version as a placeholder until such time as Toady decides on a name for the current version.

(Personally, I prefer and use DF31, and prepending DF to the older 28a and 40d, but I can understand the confusion that would come from random numbers. Not that one more bit of uncommon confusion would kill the average DF player.)
SAVE THE PHILOSOPHER!
>>KillerClowns: It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarven science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".
>>Orius: I plan my forts with some degree of paranoia.  It's kept me somewhat safe.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 342