Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Amusing Distractions

(1/2) > >>

slink:
I was going through the traders' list of meats, being careful not to buy meat from any animals that my Dwarves aren't allowed to eat, when I was so distracted by the sight of Prepared Ant Brain for sale that I forgot to watch what I was marking after that and had to go back to check the list again.

I imagined a Waiterdwarf serving someone a speck on the tip of an upright needle inserted in a base of some tastefully decorated substance, with the enjoinder "Here's your ant brain, sir.  Be careful, it's hot."

:D :D :D

Maybe I should spend less time playing this game ...

SkyRender:
You've noticed one of the outstanding bugs there.  You can purchase prepared organs for animals that really are far too small for that.  This includes insects, small lizards, and small rodents.

I'm just waiting for some merchant to offer Prepared Dwarf Intestines or Prepared Human Brains for trade.  It's bound to happen eventually.

existent:
Maybe it was Antman brain? That would be reasonably sized, I'd think.

--- Quote from: SkyRender on July 02, 2010, 10:54:29 pm ---I'm just waiting for some merchant to offer Prepared Dwarf Intestines or Prepared Human Brains for trade.  It's bound to happen eventually.

--- End quote ---

They'll be eating magma-roasted Elf long before that happens.

Noble Digger:
You see, dwarves, as a whole, are extremely patient perfectionists. And what you're purchasing is a quantity of ant brains. Painstakingly hand-shelled by your local Urist and aggregated on a cracker like caviar.

slink:
Oh, I like all the funny body parts for sale.  It's a bit of a pain avoiding the barrels of blood for which I have not yet managed to devise a blood pudding reaction, but the rest are fun.  Monarch butterfly intestines, for instance.  Nano-sausages, anyone?  The ant brain (and yes, it was ant, and not antman) was just the tiniest thing I had seen to date.  A spoonful of them spread on a cracker would make sense.  I agree that any race who rushes to the depot carrying one ring in both hands is perfectly capable of collecting a spoonful of ant brains.   :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version