Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to make Kobolds and Goblins butcherable?  (Read 4274 times)

Terratoch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How to make Kobolds and Goblins butcherable?
« on: July 03, 2010, 01:09:06 pm »

It's probably been asked and the answer is somewhere but I can't seem to find it.

I want to make Kobold and Goblin corpses butcherable. I don't plan to eat them but they annoy me enough that I would be supremely happy to cut their corpses into little pieces, turn them into food, and then trade them to other civilizations.
Is there a special token [IS_BUTCHERABLE] that I need to look for or add to an entity?
The only thing better than dining on a fine goblin is using said goblins tallow for soap to fix up my soldiers.

CaveIn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How to make Kobolds and Goblins butcherable?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 01:49:56 pm »

[ETHIC:EAT_SAPIENT_OTHER:UNTHINKABLE]
[ETHIC:EAT_SAPIENT_KILL:UNTHINKABLE]

I'm thinking these have to be changed... If it works, it'll have the pleasant side effect that you can eat the elven caravan once in a while.
I can see my hammer dwarf standing next to a beat bloody elf asking :"How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"....."What do you mean you don't know?!" *BANG there goes another rib*

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 02:33:14 pm »

It works, change UNTHINKABLE to ACCEPTABLE.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Terratoch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2010, 02:43:05 pm »

And then you can butcher kobolds killed in combat?
I just made the change, do I have to re-generate the world (/sadface) or will making the change in the region raws work?
Considering my two axedwarves just f*xoring murder-killed a fifth kobold, does the corpse condition affect whether or not it can be butchered? The corpse was mutilated and when I went to my butchers shop and told them to "butcher", the standard job cancellation was announced (need butcherable non rotten bla bla bla).
The only thing better than dining on a fine goblin is using said goblins tallow for soap to fix up my soldiers.

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2010, 04:23:28 pm »

I just made the change, do I have to re-generate the world (/sadface) or will making the change in the region raws work?
Considering my two axedwarves just f*xoring murder-killed a fifth kobold, does the corpse condition affect whether or not it can be butchered? The corpse was mutilated and when I went to my butchers shop and told them to "butcher", the standard job cancellation was announced (need butcherable non rotten bla bla bla).
That does not make them butcher them, it just means that your dwarves will decided that eating a Sapient Being(Civilized creature) is just as tasty as that Cow Cheese over there.

I also have it where my Military will hang creatures from tree's and crap.
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Terratoch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2010, 04:27:56 pm »

Okay so it means that the trade caravan will bring things like prepared goblin/elf/kobold/human organs and meat
Coming full circle, how do I make/is it possible to have goblins/kobolds that have been ruthlessly executed in combat become butchurable targets, similarly to goats and etc. that are killed by hunters?

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2010, 06:04:10 pm »

Okay so it means that the trade caravan will bring things like prepared goblin/elf/kobold/human organs and meat
Come and get your *<*Prepared Goblin Heart*>* here!
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

rgon842

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2010, 01:00:40 am »

[ETHIC:EAT_SAPIENT_OTHER:UNTHINKABLE]
[ETHIC:EAT_SAPIENT_KILL:UNTHINKABLE]

I'm thinking these have to be changed... If it works, it'll have the pleasant side effect that you can eat the elven caravan once in a while.

Actually, changing these to ACCEPTABLE will allow fortresses to butcher beings with the [INTELLIGENT] tag; this includes elves, goblins, kobolds, etc. The only things that will not be butcherable are your own dwarves.

I've played with sentient-eating dwarves, but it becomes a hauling nightmare after a while; imaging having just obliterated a 60+ siege, and then allowing the civilians to work. Not only will they haul the loot inside, but those with the Butcher labor active will haul these corpses to the nearest butchery. Then after butchering, tons of more hauling jobs will be created as a million body parts are created after the deed is done. Multiply this by 60 gobbos, and then you'll wish you had either 200 dwarves, or [SPEED:0].

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2010, 01:28:26 am »

The upside to this is that you can pretty much ignore farming forever.

60+ goblin corpses per year, all automatically butchered. Combine the meat with tallow and you'll get more roasts than you can possibly eat.

For the rest of the year your fortress can be pretty much idle. Then you get the goblin caravan, bringing in mountains of goblinite, meat, bone, and leather. Break down the goblinite and turn it into steel, then decorate it with goblin bone. Feast on the -goblin tallow roasts- and you're set.

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2010, 07:15:51 am »

I made my crazy modded dwarves carnivorous and sentient-eating for the laughs in my last fortress. Was a bit rough at first, especialy when I got a huge wave of migrants. Later is was carnivour paradise. Especialy with the forgotten beast meat.

Oh and I made them babysnatcher so instead of goblins sieging me I got elves ambushing me. While it was funny it did make the game a bit too easy, even with the elves riding all sorts of weird annimals. Not sure why the humans and dwarves didnt siege me, maybe there were just a lot more elves in my world.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Borge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2014, 10:05:11 pm »

So this would let me make elf and goblin skin cloaks?

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2014, 09:53:23 am »

Butchering sentients however leads to a cluttered kitchen screen as each elf/goblin/kobold will take a line, you'd better cook as much meath as possible afterwards.

And yes you get leather too.

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2014, 02:08:09 pm »

That does not make them butcher them, it just means that your dwarves will decided that eating a Sapient Being(Civilized creature) is just as tasty as that Cow Cheese over there.

I also have it where my Military will hang creatures from tree's and crap.
How did you do that?
Me: "Just imagine a load of dwarves sitting round a table, and one of them says, 'I like stranglers for... for their... their...'"
Brother: "SOFT HANDS!"