Dwarf Fortress > DF Modding

How to make Kobolds and Goblins butcherable?

(1/3) > >>

Terratoch:
It's probably been asked and the answer is somewhere but I can't seem to find it.

I want to make Kobold and Goblin corpses butcherable. I don't plan to eat them but they annoy me enough that I would be supremely happy to cut their corpses into little pieces, turn them into food, and then trade them to other civilizations.
Is there a special token [IS_BUTCHERABLE] that I need to look for or add to an entity?

CaveIn:
[ETHIC:EAT_SAPIENT_OTHER:UNTHINKABLE]
[ETHIC:EAT_SAPIENT_KILL:UNTHINKABLE]

I'm thinking these have to be changed... If it works, it'll have the pleasant side effect that you can eat the elven caravan once in a while.

Grimlocke:
It works, change UNTHINKABLE to ACCEPTABLE.

Terratoch:
And then you can butcher kobolds killed in combat?
I just made the change, do I have to re-generate the world (/sadface) or will making the change in the region raws work?
Considering my two axedwarves just f*xoring murder-killed a fifth kobold, does the corpse condition affect whether or not it can be butchered? The corpse was mutilated and when I went to my butchers shop and told them to "butcher", the standard job cancellation was announced (need butcherable non rotten bla bla bla).

Meanmelter:

--- Quote from: Terratoch on July 03, 2010, 02:43:05 pm ---And then you can butcher kobolds killed in combat?
I just made the change, do I have to re-generate the world (/sadface) or will making the change in the region raws work?
Considering my two axedwarves just f*xoring murder-killed a fifth kobold, does the corpse condition affect whether or not it can be butchered? The corpse was mutilated and when I went to my butchers shop and told them to "butcher", the standard job cancellation was announced (need butcherable non rotten bla bla bla).

--- End quote ---
That does not make them butcher them, it just means that your dwarves will decided that eating a Sapient Being(Civilized creature) is just as tasty as that Cow Cheese over there.

I also have it where my Military will hang creatures from tree's and crap.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version