Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: This is insane.  (Read 40397 times)

einstein9073

• Bay Watcher
  • Thus spice intestinally loft Blanka.
    • View Profile
Re: This is insane.
« Reply #75 on: July 10, 2010, 07:02:41 pm »

dividing by zero does not work. The function "divide" is not defined for zero. It's like asking "what happens when you add three to a sausage".
You get a combo meal.
Strike the earth!
Dwarf Fortress: It menaces with spikes of AWESOME.

Dagoth Urist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 12, 2010, 07:31:09 pm »

In case it wasn't obvious, I do know that dividing by zero is a mathematical impossibility. I do not know, however, how this dwarven calculator would react if anyone attempted the impossible. Please, someone try! xD
- "Very well. If you are impatient to begin. Go ahead. You are the challenger. To you goes the first blow." -

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 12, 2010, 09:11:49 pm »

In case it wasn't obvious, I do know that dividing by zero is a mathematical impossibility. I do not know, however, how this dwarven calculator would react if anyone attempted the impossible. Please, someone try! xD
If you look back in the thread, some people did try, and they got 8008135, which is significant only in that the digits resemble the letter in "BOOBIES".

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 12, 2010, 09:23:59 pm »

If you look back in the thread, some people did try, and they got 8008135, which is significant only in that the digits resemble the letter in "BOOBIES".
And so dwarf fortress solves yet another of lifes great mysteries.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 09:28:30 pm by cowofdoom78963 »

alphawolf29

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 16, 2010, 04:45:24 am »

"Mathematicians rejoice in the finds that the answer to n/0 does in fact, = boobies."

Quantum Toast

• Bay Watcher
  • Schrödinger's Breakfast
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 16, 2010, 02:33:52 pm »

Alternatively, trying to use it to divide by zero is what created this.
That would be as deadly to the wielder as to anyone else!  You'd sever your own arm at the first swing!  It's perfect!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]