Awesome! I was a little nervous you guys would respond negatively to the whole affair! (New to the forums and community and all).
I should have some concept art up later today and you can start seeing the art direction.
Regarding to story:
I'm planning to simplify it heaps (due to time and animation limitations). But I plan on hitting the main points, which in my mind are -
- 7 Arrive and begin construction, turns into thriving mountain home
- First terrifying elephant attack, weighs heavily on leaders mind
- Large scale elephant attacks over time, place starts going to hell
- Strained leader begins construction on large scale magma trap
- Elephants are now legendary war beasts
- Leader has lost it, all he does is engraves images of horrifying elephants
- Magma released, burns the earth/elephants/elf caravan? and sets fire to the mountain home
- Leader catches fire, goes berserk, kills someone and dies, everyone mad and rioting
- Final guy stands in the flaming ruins, a single girl happily plays in bones. He leaves
I really wanted to have goblins in there, but I figured due to constraints and the fact it's silent it might not be very clear. To me Boatmurdered is the terror of elephants and a mad king/leader. I also want to use the existing boatmurdered art as the basis for some of the shots. As a homage.
I've got to track down some good music for it. I'm thinking the Omen theme might synch well. (Mostly towards the end) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OkFLdPaoZQ