Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26

Author Topic: Boatmurdered - The Animation  (Read 203534 times)

Disreputable_Dog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Boatmurdered - The Animation
« Reply #360 on: March 19, 2012, 11:34:18 pm »

I just read Boatmurdered for the first time. My lungs hurt. so much laughing i had to stifle so as not to wake my entire family. god its so funny. i was actually crying from how hard i was laughing >.<

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: March 19, 2012, 11:53:48 pm »

Oh this guy is doing boatmurdered, he occasionally does free drawings for people on /tg/
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: June 10, 2012, 04:47:03 pm »

*replying to watch*
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

tenach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Personal Blog
« Reply #363 on: June 13, 2012, 02:45:30 am »

I cannot wait to see how this turns out!

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: June 13, 2012, 02:49:10 am »

I just read Boatmurdered for the first time. My lungs hurt. so much laughing i had to stifle so as not to wake my entire family. god its so funny. i was actually crying from how hard i was laughing >.<

I liked it when that overseer sicced a elephant on someone. :3
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: June 13, 2012, 07:42:26 am »

Considering the creator hasn't been on the forums since April the 29th and hasn't made any mention of the project on his blog since 2011, I think you can shelf this one, at the best.

daveralph1234

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Dwarf Fortress for it's complexity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: June 13, 2012, 08:07:19 am »

this has happened before, lets see if lavalevel miraculasly shows up again.
I'm starting to doubt it though......
It will be done... There has just been a hilariously long gap in the production. Think of us like valve but with no guarantee of quality.
Though I can tell you we are now much better animators than when we started! Haha.
Sorry for the absurd delays.

ccoolleeiiss

• Bay Watcher
  • Welcome, goblins, to the seige kill...waiting room
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: June 13, 2012, 10:40:01 am »

Considering the creator hasn't been on the forums since April the 29th and hasn't made any mention of the project on his blog since 2011, I think you can shelf this one, at the best.

You shut up, dang it. It's not true!
And then did ARMOK say, the east is the holiest of directions, and thou shouldst not stand there lest thou be strucketh down by my holiest of beards. And then did the dorfs did say, we shall build from the west, for more do we fear the beard of ARMOK than the strike of the elephant.

DoomedProphet

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: June 13, 2012, 11:53:16 am »

Just a suggestion..

I understand that the content of this animation is going to be limited because of timing restrictions and the like.. But perhaps you could start up a kickstarter project, and with enough funding turning it into a legitimate flash movie? Like 1-2 hours long and the whole kabang. It'd be a hell of an advertisement for Dwarf Fortress and I'd be happy to pitch money towards such a project.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: June 13, 2012, 11:58:22 am »

Just a suggestion..

I understand that the content of this animation is going to be limited because of timing restrictions and the like.. But perhaps you could start up a kickstarter project, and with enough funding turning it into a legitimate flash movie? Like 1-2 hours long and the whole kabang. It'd be a hell of an advertisement for Dwarf Fortress and I'd be happy to pitch money towards such a project.
I support this wholeheartedly.

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: July 02, 2012, 10:59:43 am »

oh hey this thing

I would give moneys to the Kickstarter as well.
Please, take a moment of silence for all the venerable old threads rendered unintelligible by the Great Photobucket Dickification of 2017. So much was lost.

mcguinty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: July 02, 2012, 06:46:06 pm »

oh hey this thing

Haha, I thought you said monkeys there for a second.

I would support a small kickstarter to just finish what he has. A 1-2 hour video would take years of dedicated work for a flash movie and I don't think we could raise the money to pay his wages for that long.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #372 on: July 02, 2012, 07:34:28 pm »

oh hey this thing

I would support a small kickstarter to just finish what he has. A 1-2 hour video would take years of dedicated work for a flash movie and I don't think we could raise the money to pay his wages for that long.
Then we will start a foundation that asks people all over the world to give us 1 dollar a week to feed hungry and helpless african children. In which we not only deny those kids food, but use it to fund this movie.

or maybe ask for 10 dollars

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #373 on: July 02, 2012, 07:37:01 pm »

One thing to consider re: Kickstarter / monetization (and I guess the project in general) that I don't recall having been mentioned before: You have to get permission from the people that wrote the original piece to reuse their work.

I recall a similar problem to that when someone wanted to print a coffee table book containing Boatmurdered. They didn't ask for permission and when someone brought it up, they specifically refused to do so. End result, one of the main people involved in the original Boatmurdered flatly came out and denied them, making it almost certain they'd lose if they went ahead and anyone decided to sue them.

Now, I'm not a lawyer and this case may be different as it's different media. But if this project still happens and original wording is used, it's definitely something to consider.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: July 02, 2012, 08:06:43 pm »

oh hey this thing

Then we will start a foundation that asks people all over the world to give us 1 dollar a week to feed hungry and helpless african children. In which we not only deny those kids food, but use it to fund this movie.

or maybe ask for 10 dollars
Okay, good. Now we need to make posters. I'm no good at that, and the member of my familt that is and knows about DF is at camp for the week. So someone else make them. Remember, Be incredibly vague. Wording should not say directly that we are helping poor starving african children, but should heavily imply so.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26