Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]

Author Topic: Boatmurdered - The Animation  (Read 203390 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: Boatmurdered - The Animation
« Reply #375 on: July 02, 2012, 08:13:32 pm »

Loop Holes gotta love em. We shall be named "Little Jesuses, or Salvation Ahoy!" bitches love jesus, and bitches love salvation.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 03, 2012, 10:49:40 am »

You guys are just hilarious. ಠ_ಠ

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Greendogo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 06, 2012, 12:20:32 pm »

We can has updates meow?

I'd also like to point out to those above speaking of kickstarter...ing this project, a 30 second animation reaches into the thousands of dollar.  A 22 to 30 minute show can cost upwards of 600k for just the animation, not taking into account other stuff like story boarding.  The man is doing this on the side as a hobby, I doubt he'd be able to make enough from a kickstarter campaign to warrant his full attention.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 12:37:56 pm by Greendogo »
Sail - The end reminds me of a goblin choking a kobold.  No ponies, sorry.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 06, 2012, 04:05:58 pm »

is this done yet?
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 06, 2012, 04:33:22 pm »

We can has updates meow?

I'd also like to point out to those above speaking of kickstarter...ing this project, a 30 second animation reaches into the thousands of dollar.  A 22 to 30 minute show can cost upwards of 600k for just the animation, not taking into account other stuff like story boarding.  The man is doing this on the side as a hobby, I doubt he'd be able to make enough from a kickstarter campaign to warrant his full attention.
Those figures are for "professional animators". There are animators on YouTube who crank out skits of equal (and sometimes greater) quality, though shorter in length, for a tiny fraction of that budget. Still, even Toady One only makes about $3000 a month from donations. I'm not sure that a one-time gathering of even that much would be enough to merit someone's full attention, if we could manage to raise it at all.

I think it's safe to say this project isn't going to be completed anytime soon, if at all. His blog hasn't mentioned it since December, and he hasn't been on since April, like Nuker W said.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

LavaLevel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 22, 2013, 10:36:28 pm »

heeeeeeeeeeeeeey guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuys :(

SO what happened is both of our animation careers started taking off. We were working on this as a side project while at uni, and now that we are both out of uni freelancing and working on our own festival films to survive it's so hard to go back to it.
Especially as we are such better film makers and animators than when we started, so I couldn't in good conscience release it as it is, I'd want to remake the entire thing! I know this isn't a consolation in anyway, but here is my graduate film I went on to make titled "The Wedding". And I'm almost finished my second short film "The Duck".

https://vimeo.com/56835503

This probably just makes you sadder and more annoyed at us, and you have every right to be! Promising and not delivering is the worst thing and I've sure learned a lot from this.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 23, 2013, 12:44:57 am »

So, not only is the lack of a promised animation depressing, "The Wedding" is also quite depressing.  Bravo.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 23, 2013, 01:45:07 pm »

Aww.

I'm not going to support your film with a view, though. I don't think I should reward what you're doing here.
My interactive forum thing: Adventures of Sir Major

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 26, 2013, 05:28:49 am »

I also am not going to watch this. But I'm taking the effort to post here and tell you how disappointed I am.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #384 on: November 06, 2013, 09:37:55 pm »

While this "not watching his new stuff out of spite" thing is a bit bitter handed, it issss kind of justified given how much hype this got and then it was just sort of tossed as it is. we miiiiiight get an animation eventually i guess. But in like, fourty years. Maybe.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]